Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

Gromit posted:

Is this what you call your bedroom?

He means a rec room. It's like a kids' play room usually. Presumably used for recreation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

zoux posted:

Just so we're all on the same page, it's a Simpsons reference.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g92S5eZ0StQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vihYeWip4g

Yeah the picture of Homer Simpson kind of gave it away.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
They already make sex harnesses that would be easy to hook together. This is that NASA pen all over again.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
I thought long and hard about whether or not to say that because I was pretty sure someone would call me on it. Then I decided that comparing space pens to loving equipment was funny enough to be worth it.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

Crasscrab posted:

Gotta get certified somehow!

Well he should do it somewhere that allows diving.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
Yeah I could easily see a rude customer getting an intentionally literal cake.

The USB one was confusing me at first but I guess someone came in with a picture on a usb and just said "I want this on the cake in icing."

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
Yeah that says incest mom. It took me a while just to figure out what the good meaning was supposed to be. It's like that Susanalbumparty thing all over again.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

Can we get an explanation for people outside the states?

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

Chard posted:

This is one of those things that just gets in your brain and you one day realize that something like this is fairly likely to be the last thing that goes through your mind before you die :smith:

Also I really want a garlic knot now.

Jim "The Hammer" Shapiro
1-800-546-7777
1-800-546-7777

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

Captain Trips posted:

Wait, what?

I haven't watched a single episode of the new TMNT, because it's a blasphemous pile of poo poo, but they didn't actually kill off Raph, did they?

No but he got part if his face melted so he covers it with Casey Jone's mask

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

Suleman posted:

Casey Jones hasn't even appeared in the new show yet, so that's referring to something else. Probably one of the comic series?

It did happen in the comics. I was just teasing since he seemed to think that photo was somehow tied to the new series.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

I believe this also resulted in a stealth based flash game. You had to eat as much food as you could when the guard wasn't looking at you. I'm pretty sure you had to go to the bathroom to make more room as well.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

randyest posted:

Agreed on all counts, yet I'll still bet a dollar Rigged Death Trap and 50%+ of the "save the badger" viewers never heard of Flash Gordon much less saw the 1980 masterpiece. Unprovable, I know, but I'm sure most people here think of that other newer comic book character when they hear "flash." That or a web video format. :smith:

This is true. Of course some of us will think of the 90s cartoon. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Enw1qqbMBX8

I didn't know it was a thing until I saw "Ted."

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

DrBouvenstein posted:

That reminds me, I need to make the 2013 Halloween thread soon.

Oh good. I was hoping to read a thread where people give physical descriptions of themselves then ask what costume they should wear.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

jiharlequinade posted:

Never say this to a Canadian.

I'm Canadian and never heard of it.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

Tiggum posted:

You rented a place without ever seeing it first? :psyduck:

I've done this a few times. I basically had to move for work to a distant city and couldn't make earlier trips to check out apartments first. One time I had a family member who lived nearby check it out for me, but I moved into one place unseen because it was literally the only apartment in a small town I could find.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

Away all Goats posted:

Wow, anyone know her name?

This is great because he clearly has his thumb half over the hole to get the increased range.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

Fathis Munk posted:

Orangina is actually very well known in France and those ads were made for France so I really dunno :shrug:

There is also this masterpiece that very much makes you want to become an Orangina drinker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlGnYU9swjw

This one is actually pretty funny.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
I'll never forgive the man who put a price tag over the words "Demo version" on a copy of Deus Ex I bought.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
The breaking bad guy also always wore a big winter coat like that too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

Foxhound posted:

Honestly a lot of times I can't tell if they're supposed to be parodies or genuine covers.

They're usually real but there's always a thing like it was someone disguised as superman, or superman was doing it to trick a bad guy. It's rarely Superman just trying to kill Aquaman for no reason.

I do love that random reporter Jimmy Olson is on par with Aquaman here.

• Locked thread