Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Woke up at 7 PM after a day of hard drinking. Thought that I was going to need to walk to the bathroom at some point, but rolled over and found that I'd set up about 10 bottles of water and several pissjugs. The perfect Tuesday-Thursday weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

Woke up at 7 PM after a day of hard drinking. Thought that I was going to need to walk to the bathroom at some point, but rolled over and found that I'd set up about 10 bottles of water and several pissjugs. The perfect Tuesday-Thursday weekend.

And back to our roots we go.

whatshesaid
May 6, 2007
:spooky:

Len posted:

And back to our roots we go.

Aw, yeah. Please find a hole in the floor to conveniently dump the pissjugs.

Featured Creature
May 10, 2004
Tomatoes
Guess who went to court today? This Bachelor. She plead out and is going to back to her moms house. So now I am free, and am going to throw a huge party with the apple pie stuff earlier in this thread and lots of fun

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Featured Creature posted:

Guess who went to court today? This Bachelor. She plead out and is going to back to her moms house. So now I am free, and am going to throw a huge party with the apple pie stuff earlier in this thread and lots of fun

You know you can't say that and not give details.

Given the thread, I'm just going to go out on a limb and say drugs.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

I love it when Drunk me leaves presents for sober me...but not piss jugs. Drunk me still knows how to use a toilet.

Do you label your jugs "piss" so you don't confuse them and drink?

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

All is, if i have grace to use it so...
I don't know if anyone needs this product, but if anyone does it's probably one of us. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/840385497/shotgunr-the-best-way-to-shotgun-beer?ref=nav_search

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

You are one weak rear end bachelor if you need a special tool to shotgun a beer.

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?
If you don't carry a knife at all times (except the airport), I don't know what to tell you. That thing looks about as useless at a dedicated blunt splitter.

Bachelor hacks: Don't buy unitaskers, carry a knife.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Dr. MonkeyThunder posted:

I don't know if anyone needs this product, but if anyone does it's probably one of us. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/840385497/shotgunr-the-best-way-to-shotgun-beer?ref=nav_search

I love that they invented something to put on your keychain, when a key works (almost) just as well.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

Big Grunty Secret posted:

If you don't carry a knife at all times (except the airport), I don't know what to tell you. That thing looks about as useless at a dedicated blunt splitter.

Bachelor hacks: Don't buy unitaskers, carry a knife.

Carry a multi-tool along with a standard folder. Bonus points that the multi-tool has a can opener on it to shotgun beers.

It's amazing how many people don't carry a knife/multi-tool yet always ask to borrow mine.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Yeah my baby Gerber is the poo poo. I need a more durable bottle opener on my keychain though, mine finally wore out. My neighbor showed me how to open a bottle with a seatbelt buckle though, which is, uh, not the least suspicious skill to have.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

JEEVES420 posted:

Carry a multi-tool along with a standard folder. Bonus points that the multi-tool has a can opener on it to shotgun beers.

It's amazing how many people don't carry a knife/multi-tool yet always ask to borrow mine.

I don't worry about carrying a knife or multitool because all my friends carry them. When I need one I go "hey gimme a knife" and I get one from everyone I'm with.

When questioned why they carry knives the answer is always "I don't really know. I seldom use it."

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
I love it when the goony mallninjas carry multiple different knives, or a 6 inch folding blade knife for cutting tape on boxes at their grocery store job.

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009
They already make special can openers for shotgunning. My favorite local bar keeps one handy. Also, Hamm's is 1$ a can there.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg
I carry a tiny utility knife on my key chain. It's a Mitey Mite, I think. It actually comes in handy all the time. I use it at least once a day for opening packages, cutting things, digging out splinters - whatever a box cutter in miniature is good for.

time is a wastin
Sep 11, 2011

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

I carry a tiny utility knife on my key chain. It's a Mitey Mite, I think. It actually comes in handy all the time. I use it at least once a day for opening packages, cutting things, digging out splinters - whatever a box cutter in miniature is good for.

Opening tiny boxes.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg
A tiny blade does just as well as a big one for opening boxes. I'm not doing warehouse work or anything, though.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

A tiny blade does just as well as a big one for opening boxes. I'm not doing warehouse work or anything, though.

But if you have a tiny blade how will people know you mean business?

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

Use perspective to make yourself look smaller, and speak in a very high voice. It'll seem like a huge knife and a very small person.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Tonight I reheated some pasta but realized I didn't have any parmesan.
Sliced up a string cheese (I know it's just mozzarella) and it was really good!

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

JEEVES420 posted:

A Leatherman Micra fits on a key ring and can get your rear end out of a lot of jams. You will save the day at least once by having a screwdriver small enough to work on eyeglasses.

I use my pocket knife around a dozen times every day, but I also have a really low tolerance for plastic wrappers and stubborn packaging.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I like to carry at least two knives at all times. A tiny non-threatening knife for people not used to them (it being pink seems to make it seem safe) and a larger blade for other tasks. I live in the deep south where knives are relatively common on people and still there are tons with hang ups about carrying the things. Knives are sweet and make life easier, just embrace it.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

In addition to the tiny multitool, I have a little maglight on my keychain that has made me a hero at a few movie theatres when people drop things. I'm probably gonna ditch it though now that everyone including myself has a flashlight function on their phone.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

TheKingslayer posted:

Knives are sweet and make life easier, just embrace it.

Embraced knife, lost fingat. :(

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

A Leatherman Micra fits on a key ring and can get your rear end out of a lot of jams. You will save the day at least once by having a screwdriver small enough to work on eyeglasses.

I use my pocket knife around a dozen times every day, but I also have a really low tolerance for plastic wrappers and stubborn packaging.

That's a really handy tool. Thanks, I'll buy one.

Featured Creature
May 10, 2004
Tomatoes

DrBouvenstein posted:

You know you can't say that and not give details.

Given the thread, I'm just going to go out on a limb and say drugs.

Yeah she liked pills. I have a thread in EN about my crazy ex. I wouldn't hit her when she screamed at me to hit her, she cut all of the art in the house, and cut my face open.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

TheKingslayer posted:

I like to carry at least two knives at all times. A tiny non-threatening knife for people not used to them (it being pink seems to make it seem safe) and a larger blade for other tasks. I live in the deep south where knives are relatively common on people and still there are tons with hang ups about carrying the things. Knives are sweet and make life easier, just embrace it.

Plus knives are like step up from "usefully shaped rock" in the man-made inventions department. Knives are bachelor as gently caress, you can use them for tons of poo poo.

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

I had a small little Kershaw folder that was great for utility but I lost it at work about a year ago. Now I've been carrying my Smith and Wesson Bullseye knife, it's a little bigger but is half serrated, so more useful. Between that, a lighter, and a pen, that's my EDC gear.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
I have a midrange Victorinox, which comes in handy almost every day, especially when people at work get packages and start to tear into them with their bare hands like animals. Not having some kind of multi tool, even a $5 keychain one, would be so inconvenient.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Ensign Expendable posted:

I have a midrange Victorinox, which comes in handy almost every day, especially when people at work get packages and start to tear into them with their bare hands like animals. Not having some kind of multi tool, even a $5 keychain one, would be so inconvenient.

Rule #1 of keeping a knife sharp is to never let anyone use it.
I had someone ask to use my knife when I was working in a stockroom. They started scraping packing tape off a metal shelf with it :gonk:

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

Pharmaskittle posted:

In addition to the tiny multitool, I have a little maglight on my keychain that has made me a hero at a few movie theatres when people drop things. I'm probably gonna ditch it though now that everyone including myself has a flashlight function on their phone.

I used to carry a flashlight all the time but since my phones light is just as bright I stopped.

canyoneer posted:

Rule #1 of keeping a knife sharp is to never let anyone use it.
I had someone ask to use my knife when I was working in a stockroom. They started scraping packing tape off a metal shelf with it :gonk:

I had a roommate use one of my $60 wood chisel to scrape engine gunk off his car's engine. hosed that chisel all up.

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

If you're gonna have roads, you're gonna have roadkill.
I have a Gerber Obsidian that I bought because it met the following requirements:

Folder
Pocket/Belt Clip
Bottle Opener

It also has a screwdriver and nail file.

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

I have a little Wenger aluminium-clad pocket knife in my bag, though it's technically illegal to carry knives in public places here. There's an exception for "honest uses" I could probably use to talk my way out of it if anyone ever cared, but I doubt it'll come up. (I think it's mostly there so they can add more charges when someone does something stupid.)

Oh, and a victorinox swisstool lying around at work, though that's a bit too heavy and large to casually stuff in a pocket. Pliers are habit forming.

Both are quite useful, even in my IT nerd life. (We get a lot of stuff from reagent suppliers with overzealous packagers.)

Computer viking has a new favorite as of 19:51 on Nov 21, 2014

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
I have a Leatherman Style PS on my keychain. It suits my needs.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

I've carried a knife with me all the time ever since I was about 13. They come in ridiculously helpful. Currently I carry a couple of different Benchmades that I switch out depending on what I want to carry. I have a Swiss Army knife that I take places where I'm unsure of blade limit laws. Oh, and never let anyone use your knife. Learned that the hard way when my buddy's dad used mine as a screwdriver once.

PhotoKirk
Jul 2, 2007

insert witty text here

10 Beers posted:

Learned that the hard way when my buddy's dad used mine as a screwdriver once.

I carried the same Gerber LST for 16 years. It was a gift from my uncle for being a groomsman. I let a co-worker borrow it when we changed offices and I never saw it again.

Dammit.

cis_eraser_420
Mar 1, 2013

Spending a weekend with my friends up at my grandparents' cabin and we forgot to bring a beer opener so we've been exploring alternate ways of opening beer.

So far, shovels and nail pullers seem to work the best

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

M.Ciaster posted:

Spending a weekend with my friends up at my grandparents' cabin and we forgot to bring a beer opener so we've been exploring alternate ways of opening beer.

So far, shovels and nail pullers seem to work the best

Find a metal edge and whack it off. Or use a lighter like a pro!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

door Door door
Feb 26, 2006

Fugee Face

Use another beer as an opener.

• Locked thread