Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

I just want to weigh on on the DUI thing because I got to have a little bit of a unique perspective. I live in the United States Virgin Islands for about three years. Drinking and driving is totally tolerated, if not actually encouraged. I remember when I first stopped at our local corner store to pick up a six pack, and as a courteous gesture the clerk opened one of my beers for me to drink on the way home.

I have gotten flagged through police auto insurance checkpoints with a beer in my lap. Now, just because its allowed doesn't mean its a good idea. One of my friends literally drove off of the side of a mountain and the only thing that saved him was some rich persons driveway cut about forty feet below where he went off, obviously drinking too much was involved. Another thing is that down there because of the relative size of the island and the terrible state of the roads, 95% of the time you aren't driving faster than 25-30 mph. I personally didn't have an accident, or even a close call honestly, in three years of bar hopping.

Its a little frustrating after moving back to not be able to drive home after four beers, when I know I could do it without a problem, but its never a debate. I'm with the crowd that if I have to drive 2 bottles of beers is my max, and only if I'm going to be sitting down for a meal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Just wanted to step in on the creme brulee beer chat. I'm in MN near the WI border and every once in a while I manage to catch Southern Tier Creme Brulee beer and goddamn is that amazing/strong beer. It really seems like distribution is hit or miss, which pains me a great deal. I know its seasonal, but I've ran across kegs in bars that have been way out of the season, and bottles of it here and there. I guess what I'm saying is that its loving amazing, and difficult for me to get. My great white sonofabitch whale beer.

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Stoli is great. Wild Turkey 101 is also great. Beer is the devil when attempting to get in/stay in shape.

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Hey Creature, had a relationship with a seriously disturbed ex. Glad you made it out alive. You'll be amazed how fast things get better. Enjoy your time by yourself with the pup, a few select beverages, a couple of friends, and some good old-rear end movies.

edit: Don't go back. EVER.

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Also, avoid E/N. Stay here, sit a spell, and maybe have a nice glass of bourbon.

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

It is in the 40's here and supposed to snow in the Twin Cities. Yay, MN.

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

The girl is in WI, and texted me a picture of a liquor store shelf. She just found the mother-load of Southern Tier creme brulee. That poo poo is inbound come tomorrow afternoon.

Yessssssssssssssssss.

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Get your poo poo together, son.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Don't do that with a gun.

• Locked thread