Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Buggiezor
Jun 6, 2011

For I am a cat, you see.
We all know Westboro Baptist Church tries to ruin everything. Most recently they decided to write a "parody" to Panic! At the Disco's song "I write Sins, Not Tragedies." Their version was called "You Love Sin, What a Tragedy" The song is not uplifting so I won't post it here. It's all about how terrible "Fags" are.
The church also decided they were going to show up and picket at Panic! At the Disco's latest concert in Kansas City.

So here's where the uplifting part comes in. The band came up with the most amazing response to WBC.

They Tweeted: "Today WBC is going to picket us. For every member of WBC that actually shows up we will donate $20 to
Human Rights Campaign #pride2014"

Only 13 picketers actually showed up. But the band thought that a $260 donation was a little small. So they made it an even $1000. They also donated 5% of the merch sales at the concert to HRC as well.

George Takei issued his stamp of approval via Facebook: “Now THIS is how you handle hatred with both grace and humor. Sorry Westboro. You got schooled by Panic! at the Disco.”

:toot:

Articles here with more tweets and pictures.
http://www.queerty.com/westboro-bap...aign=PanicDisco

http://www.freep.com/article/20140726/ENT04/307260085/Panic-at-the-Disco-WBC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Ridgewell
Apr 29, 2009

Ai tolja tahitta ferlip inbaul intada oh'l! Andatdohn meenis ferlip ineer oh'l!
My girlfriend went for a walk today and met a family of swans!

And this is a friend's cat:

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax

Ridgewell posted:

My girlfriend went for a walk today and met a family of swans!

And this is a friend's cat:

If swans are like any other waterfowl, then they are complete and utter assholes.

Catte's cute through. :3:

Fake Edit:
Cross-posting from the Cosplay Thread

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
Another dog fostering kittens video, but I love the way she's obviously staked a claim on them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IulFwMdvgYc

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

kinmik posted:

Another dog fostering kittens video, but I love the way she's obviously staked a claim on them.

Considering that dog had puppies her brain was probably just going "babies? MY BABIES."

Sad Mammal
Feb 5, 2008

You see me laughin
All the other kits
With their barked-up mitts
You better purr better purr
Louder than my dog

All the other kits
Louder than my beagle

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

kinmik posted:

I love the one she goes back for that's just chillin and eating, and mom's like "NOPE GONNA DRAG YA OVER AND LICK YOUR BUTT"

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Sad Mammal posted:

All the other kits
Louder than my dog

All the other kits
Louder than my beagle

:kimchi: Oh my god.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Hey hey and it's okay
I've got more pups than I remember having yesterday
Hey hey and I'm alright
Gonna wrap my arms around em all and hold on tight :3:

RhomboidSphinx
Jun 17, 2013

umalt posted:

If swans are like any other waterfowl, then they are complete and utter assholes.

Catte's cute through. :3:

They can get quite aggressive but we have a couple at Uni who produced a batch of cygnets every year (they mate for life). Even with their young, they never attacked and there were always quite a few people around. They'd take food from your hands and come and sit beside you if you were reading or something by the lake. I think admin named the parents Romeo and Juliet.

saurkrautwerfer
Feb 19, 2013
My wife volunteers for a Dachshund rescue. She's fostered a few of them, but her most recent fosterdog is a puppy mill dog. Miranda is 9ish, and clearly has had a rough life. When her previous owners surrendered her to animal control, the vet that they took her to had to remove all but two of her teeth, she's got bald spots, and just has had a sad life for a comically shaped dog.

But if you look past how worn down she is, ignore the balding spot on her butt, or the fact her lip hangs on the remaining teeth (giving her a warthog like look), she's one of the sweetest dogs ever. My attempts to document the dog failed miserably simply because if you got close to her, her immediate reaction is to get close and try to snuggle with you as much as possible, little geriatric tail going crazy. It's like she's just stuffed with love for people (and other dogs), and is so excited to express it. It's ridiculous.

She also has a dinner ritual. She needs special dogfood for the whole host of things that aren't quite right with her digestive system. It needs to be spooned out of a can, chopped up, and then run under warm water for just a bit. During this process, Miranda does a lap around the island in the kitchen, and then when she reaches where her dish usually is, does a little pogo style hop, makes a "merp!" sounding noise and then repeats until the food is deposited on the floor. The merping becomes more plaintive the longer it takes, so after lap seven or so (small kitchen) it's progressed onto a sort of "MERP??!!?? ): ):"

I've never heard her bark, or make traditional dog noises, it's just "merp" and soft little grunty noises when she's getting comfortable (usually squeezing between my wife and mine's legs, because there's always room for dog).

Bringing an adult dog into your life can be really challenging. But it's really rewarding to know we've turned the dog's life around, and just so much love and affection from something so small and fuzzy.

Buggiezor
Jun 6, 2011

For I am a cat, you see.

saurkrautwerfer posted:

Sweet doggie love story.

This is so sweet. Miranda sounds great. :3:

That reminded me of a video my dad took of our dog Gypsy a few christmases back. She loves to destroy things. My dad took an empty box of wine and put a couple stinky treats in it with her new toys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBnmxvAGbB0

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Buggiezor posted:

This is so sweet. Miranda sounds great. :3:

That reminded me of a video my dad took of our dog Gypsy a few christmases back. She loves to destroy things. My dad took an empty box of wine and put a couple stinky treats in it with her new toys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBnmxvAGbB0

This is one of those things which seems so great when you think of it.

Until the next year when you put your presents under the tree and you discover that sometimes a dog can have an incredible memory and you trained him to associated brightly coloured boxes placed under a tree in the living room with delicious treats.

Ask me how I know that.

khysanth
Jun 10, 2009

Still love you, Homar

Our miniature pinscher in the morning, the only time she is sweet and calm:

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Something I saw on the way home from class:

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Dove from Above
Apr 16, 2007

Snowy! Have you thought about psittacosis?
There are more great painted elephant pictures, like this:

here: Painted Elephants at the National Geographic site.
At our local zoo the elephant gets painted for her birthday.

BrainToad
Dec 31, 2008

I went to Monterey for a couple days and I brought back pictures of cute marine life.

A sea otter hanging out in a bucket at the aquarium

Some sea lions hanging out at the wharf

This bugger was so loud and grumpy.

And some harbor seals hanging out on some rocks.

hackedaccount
Sep 28, 2009
Man it's hot out.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
May your road lead you to warm sands.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

BrainToad posted:

I went to Monterey for a couple days and I brought back pictures of cute marine life.

A sea otter hanging out in a bucket at the aquarium

Some sea lions hanging out at the wharf

This bugger was so loud and grumpy.

And some harbor seals hanging out on some rocks.

Seals is dogs that live in water

Vaginaface
Aug 26, 2013

HEY REI HEY REI,
do vaginaface!
The new Ring sequel looks adorable :3:

Lunita

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

Divers go into a sunken ship to recover bodies, but instead find a survivor.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKL11BavG0U

E: not quite the normal fare for this thread, but I was looking at it from the survivors point of view. No food, water or light for three days, thinking you're going to die and then some space man looking guy in full diving gear pops out of nowhere and saves you. Popping out of the water into the sun must have been amazing.

-Zydeco- has a new favorite as of 17:13 on Jul 30, 2014

Tibor
Apr 29, 2009
Hahaha I love the bit around 18 seconds in when they realise he's alive. "loving hell I don't know what we're going to do".

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

May your road lead you to warm sands.
Man, I heard that in my head clear as day when I read it. Khajiiti are the best. :3:

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Sometimes celebrities are dicks.

Sometimes they aren't.

Sometimes they're amazingly cool people.

Sometimes they're Bruno Mars serenading a little girl who lost most of her family in a car accident with her favorite song.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

-Zydeco- posted:

Divers go into a sunken ship to recover bodies, but instead find a survivor.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKL11BavG0U

E: not quite the normal fare for this thread, but I was looking at it from the survivors point of view. No food, water or light for three days, thinking you're going to die and then some space man looking guy in full diving gear pops out of nowhere and saves you. Popping out of the water into the sun must have been amazing.

This is amazing

And made better by the rescue diver's helium voice :3:

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

cool kids inc. posted:

Sometimes celebrities are dicks.

Sometimes they aren't.

Sometimes they're amazingly cool people.

Sometimes they're Bruno Mars serenading a little girl who lost most of her family in a car accident with her favorite song.

That is so loving great. :3: Especially giving her his fedora and guitar. Thank you.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

PANDA! :neckbeard:

Scandalous Wench
Aug 9, 2010

by Lowtax
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOOxpT9q2mo
A doctor with an incredible bedside manner makes a toddler laugh while giving him shots.

And a heartwarming obituary for a noble dog (from the virtual pet cemetery).
Popeye

Been gone for a long time, never forgotten. He was a good ol' boy, born somewhere in the Blue Ridge Mountains. Endured a lot of hard times with us, and the good times, too. The old man got him when he was just a tiny pup and Pop hung tough for drat near 17 years. In the end I reckon he just got tired. Deaf, gimpy with arthritis, shotgun pellets in his rear end, shrapnel wounds perhaps from taking down a deer (or a prize cow) or from messing around with the wrong woman. But, Popeye was always one hell of a dog. Eat the rear end out of an intruder (or mailmen or cops), all's we had to do was just grab that ruff of fur around his neck and holler "Go!" Climb a 6 foot fence, ford a raving river for a stick or a frisbee. Didn't have much tolerance for other male dogs or cats of any kind. Nope, none a'tall. Had a few war wounds to prove it, too.

Pop used to run away. Not because he didn't love us. Just because... Doggie wander-lust and a crazy need for adventure. The old man always ran ads in the paper for him (sure, Pop could read) or just mapped out miles and scrounged around till he found Pop. One time these kids had him tied to a tree, had re-named him Killer and were counting on siccing him on other dogs. Another time, some old redneck had him and was going to breed him with his dog, that's just how good looking Popeye was. I suppose the only time Pop didn't want to come back home was the time he ran off and landed on easy street. Be damned if some rich one wasn't riding Pop around on his yacht, feeding him top sirloin and calling him "Handsome" But the old man whistled and Pop sailed right on up into the bed of that pickup truck. Think he held a grudge about being found that time...

Popeye crossed the country at least three times and back, in all sorts of bogus vehicles -- slept in motels and under trucks and out in the cold and down by the river. He was always there and he was always just a good old boy. He's buried up in the Oregon Cascades next to a river, in the cool of an old Douglas Fir. He died in California, but the old man didn't feel it was fitting to lay his boy down in the land o' fruit and nuts. So, we made a sad sojourn to lay Pop away fittin'. The old man got drunk and stayed drunk for about a year after Pop died. The old man won't ever be the same. I'm just glad he didn't have Pop stuffed and mounted on wheels so he could always have him nearby. Took a heap of talking, but I finally convinced the old man that Pop was the best of dogs and deserved a safe, comfortable place to rest.

So, Popeye, here's to you, boy. Thanks for being a fine friend and courageous companion.

Stout of heart, Sound of spirit
the very last of all the Carolina Yeller Dogs
Good Boy.
Popeye The Dog

Lauren
Apr 13, 2002
The fucking whipshit of all fucking shitter-bongers

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax
I don't mean to be a party pooper, but that cat terrifies me. :stonk:

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.

Garfield the Hutt :haw:

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Faat caat in a lit-tle siiinnkkkk :3:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Wanna smoosh dat face!

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

We can't keep the crowd waiting, can we?

Inzombiac posted:

Wanna smoosh dat face!

Careful, it looks like it'll stay however you smoosh it.

(It's so adhorrible...)

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
Cacao farmers on the Ivory Coast have no idea what happens to their crops and don't believe that something everyone enjoys worldwide can come from something like their beans. Their faces once they taste chocolate are priceless. :3:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEN4hcZutO0
"This must be why white people are so healthy."
:roflolmao:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

witchcore ricepunk
Jul 6, 2003

The Golden Witch
Who Solved the Epitaph

A Probability of 1/2,578,917

kinmik posted:

Cacao farmers on the Ivory Coast have no idea what happens to their crops and don't believe that something everyone enjoys worldwide can come from something like their beans. Their faces once they taste chocolate are priceless. :3:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEN4hcZutO0
"This must be why white people are so healthy."
:roflolmao:

I don't think I'm much of a Marxist really but the premise of this video is kind of depressing.

• Locked thread