Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Magres posted:

That cat transformed from bedraggled and pitiful to OMGKITTY levels of cute so fast. I love that they named him after St. Francis because Francis is the patron saint of animals. I'm not a believer, but that's still beautiful.

And I love that they include a bit about neutering your pets.

Edit for content: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYiO9EkLnP8

Dawww bully breeds - I hate that they get such a bad rap.

I don't have a lot of experience with pitbulls, but ever since I started volunteering at my local Humane Society I've walked and played with about a dozen of the pits there and they are some of the sweetest dogs I've seen, always happy to see you and gentle enough to eat out of your hand. :3: The worst any of them has gotten with me is just being plain old dog-reactive, that is barking at and trying to get at other dogs, which is the case for pretty much every dog there to the point where it's policy to not walk more than one dog at a time (this includes staggering the walkers and using multiple trails so that two walkers don't encounter each other.)

Speaking of the HS, I only started volunteering a couple months ago, but my uncle started dog-walking there years ago and he told me about how the place used to be packed with dogs all the time, every kennel filled. I mention this because when I go it can seem like a ghost town in terms of dogs, usually less than half of the kennels have dogs in them at any given time. I've also been told by the employees that our HS has such a high adoption rate that we ship dogs up from California (we're in Washington) regularly so that we can take the load off of some of the busier shelters there.

I'm still new at this, but i'd say that's not bad for a no-kill shelter :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Since we're apparently allowed to post pictures of pets here, allow me to post... my brother's dog.

Meet Hank. Hank is a 3 year old Weimaraner and for the record, he's almost never this subdued, but times like this when he's almost asleep are the only times we can get pictures of him.

When he does finally wear himself out, then he's a really sweet dog and loves to cuddle on the couch. According to my brother and his wife, Hank enjoys, "being the big spoon", though I'm sure I have no idea what they're talking about :v:

Recently my brother just had his first kid, Jack (that's Jack's blanket in the first picture there.) Before he was born, some friends and family were worried that Hank would be jealous of the new baby, but those of us who take care of Hank know better :smugdog:

I'm sure they'll get along just-

:staredog:

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Reaction videos can be pretty fun. Here's someone reacting the Killer Instinct reveal at E3

And Here's the same guy plus his roommate reacting to the new Smash Bros. trailer

"Thumbs up for a grown rear end man turning into a 12 year old" :magical:

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe

How could you share that link and not share these pictures :colbert:

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
edit:^^^^That gallery is a proclick

There's a guy on youtube who posts pretty much nothing but videos of him playing fighting games, but occasionally he also posts videos of his adorable, bug-eyed dog Benny

Benny vs Bath
Benny vs Towel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe

• Locked thread