Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

Pilli posted:

Good job, people. This lady sounds extremely fond of animals.

In the related videos, there was this one about Knut learning how to walk. :3: RIP buddy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGqedbRTz3U

You know, this thread title is loving misleading. loving Feel Good.

More like the thread that will make you cry like a baby thread. Jesus, I come in here to get happy, and yet it almost ends up with me crying. Seriously, I just hope that polar bear was happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

SynthOrange posted:

Bert is terrified.

Do you see Bert? Do you see? See what I do to my enemies? What I do to you monsters?"

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

Boomerjinks posted:

If your cat isn't panting, you're not playing good enough! There's a pet store nearby that sells peacock feathers, which I use as a special toy for our cats once in a while. But what they really like is Da Bird, which is just two feathers attached in opposing positions on a bearing, dangling from a teaser. The effect when you flick it is almost identical to a bird shooting out of a bush. I have need to meet a cat that will not stop playing with it until you put it away.

Long after they would normally get bored or too tired, they still go after it. They NEED it. Ford is skinny and spry, the more athletic of the two, and it isn't hard to get him panting. Arthur is a fatass who will want to quit and go lie down, but Da Bird won't let him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWojxKNILE4

I've stopped using a laser pointer with my kitty, because he is a complete dumbass about it. He'll be panting like crazy so I'll put it away and he'll just start whining and whining. He'll then collapse on the floor, and even though he's too tired to stand up he'll just lay there meowing at me because he wants the drat thing.

If I turn it back on he'll run after it for a few steps and then just lay down right in front of it and stretch his paws out towards it.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

canyoneer posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NP6_if91ytE

Look at that clever cow, pumping her own water from a hand-pump. :3:

If this video teaches me anything, it's that breast feeding pump videos are a popular thing for some reason and A-Ok as far as youtube is concerned.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

This makes me want to get a better job, so I can buy a house, with a fireplace, and then put a portrait of this over said fireplace. Complete with faux bear skin rug on the floor.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

paperfax posted:

Here's a photo of two best friends :3:

More here - Real Life Fox and the Hound. It's really awesome.

This is the awesomest thing I've read in a while.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

What is this beautiful and retarded animal? Google Image search brings up some Japanese pages.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

Oh My God I love tapirs.

:allears: :swoon:

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

Ok, so it touches the ground, and is it also prehensile? Cause holy poo poo that part wasn't cute.

It was hilarious.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

I cannot stop laughing at the one elephant just getting out and plopping in. Oh god :allears:

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

Holy crap it's real life Tail Spin.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

So this is finally a thing

Feds to provide benefits, services to all same-sex marriages

The U.S. government will recognize same-sex marriages as equal to traditional marriages in all federal matters, including in U.S. courts, bankruptcies, prison visits and survivor benefits, Attorney General Eric Holder announced Saturday. Hooray! :)

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

This is like my favorite thing about SA. I mean, why exactly is there a goat thread in the gun sub? Because they're awesome that's why. Why is there a farm animal thread in Pet Island. Well that makes sense, but still awesome.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

SynthOrange posted:

I'd be suspicious about WEEDLORDE telling people to look up posts by HITLER but what do you know, he's right. :3:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3585136&userid=144355&perpage=40&pagenumber=6#post427039292

This is so weird. It's like cute sheep cute sheep cute sheep hey It's Hitler! More Hitler! Who loves Hitler!?

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

DarkCrawler posted:

To be fair, he is easily the most photogenic American president since like, Kennedy.

If babies could vote he'd be president for life.

"Whoa this is an ugly baby!"

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

Well this is like the saddest yet at the same time awesome thing I've read in a while.

Now I have to go wash my face.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

Aryan Jesus posted:

This looks to be it rehosted on imgur.

It's people giving a pretty awesome final day to their dog.

Thank god. I was getting all teary eyed just trying to figure out how to describe it.

Edit: And I read it again, god.

Edit: The fact that the groomer comes just gets me every time.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

pitlo posted:

A 3 year old and an 89 year old become friends.

http://www.wimp.com/preschoolerveteran/

This is adorable. And oh wait, then it gets depressing, wtf. gently caress.

Edit: Well I got some content from it. A bird feeding a dog noodles.

http://www.wimp.com/dognoodles/

Leper Residue has a new favorite as of 07:17 on Jul 16, 2014

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

More impressed that this isn't just filled with sexual innuendo. The one I go to always has stuff like "I like getting full of five guys." "I want five guys in my mouth." "I have five guys in me." etc,.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

kinmik posted:

Cacao farmers on the Ivory Coast have no idea what happens to their crops and don't believe that something everyone enjoys worldwide can come from something like their beans. Their faces once they taste chocolate are priceless. :3:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEN4hcZutO0
"This must be why white people are so healthy."
:roflolmao:

Pretty torn on this. On the one hand watching everyone shout in joy when he pulls out another chocolate bar like it was a bag of coke at a party was pretty cool.

On the other hand, everything else.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

Iamyourking posted:

More amusing crosses:

Pit Bull/Something, I don't remember what

Golden Retriever/Dachshund

Shetland Sheepdog/Corgi

This poo poo is like a photoshop contest but with god and reality.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

Buggiezor posted:

A little goat gets stuck. His friend tries to help.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpU_RBUKrvk

:3:

For any concerned, there was a followup where someone with thumbs intervenes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSDXdPkniv8

EDIT: And for something completely different, A guy is REALLY excited by trains.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lutNECOZFw

I wish I had something I was that excited about.

Haha, when he saw the second engine and he just about explodes from joy.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

kinmik posted:

This is a really novel idea that I wish America would adopt as well. The promotion of the consumption of fruits and vegetables as well wouldn't hurt a bit either.

Doubt many american companies will adopt anything like this. There are grocery store chains that pour bleach all over the food they throw out into dumpsters to keep homeless people from eating them, and to maybe even kill them.

But otherwise yeah, it is a great idea. Food kind of has the same treatment as models. If they aren't 100% perfect, and by perfect I mean whoever decides these ridiculous rules thinks is perfect, it's just not worth eating. It all looks the same diced up and in the pan.

The veggies that is, not talking about the models.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

This is the luckiest kid in the world.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

SynthOrange posted:

Scientists studying penguins have found a way to prevent their remote rovers causing stress/attack reactions.

Man, if you had told teenager me that 'penguin scientist' was a thing I could actually be, I may have tried worth a drat.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

Trig Discipline posted:

Trying to work with charismatic megafauna is a sucker's game. It's what they use to draw you in - there are like a dozen of those jobs in the world. You'll go to school for the penguins and before you know it you're sifting through formalin-soaked squirrel intestines trying to determine whether or not crickets are a part of their diet. The real hell of it is that the system will have bent your brain so badly that you'll find this work fascinating and be so insanely passionate about it that you will fail to understand how anyone can NOT see this as the most important question of our era. You will be intolerable to all but a few similarly twisted autists. And for all this, your paycheck will be smaller than the janitor who dumps out your bucket of squirrel poo poo every night.

ok so I'm glad I did terrible in high school?

Stop ruining my dreams about penguin scientists.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

I would honestly take a minimum wage job cleaning penguin poo poo out of a pen if it meant I actually got to be near penguins.

Like how Battlemaster is with capybara? That's me with penguin.

There was a picture I used to have that was of a young penguin that had befriended a stuffed penguin. It was like the most adorable thing I had ever seen. I had it saved on my old computer, but I can't find it now.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

and thank you for penguins!

Edit: The penguins chasing the girl made me laugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

#HowItSHouldHaveEnded

Is the full sequence of this on the blu ray release? Cause if so I'm gonna have to get it. Hell, this should be their commercial.

• Locked thread