Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

I can't help but think that it looks like a crystal version of the original. Like the Crystal Guardians from Adventure Time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

looking for information on posts
:nms::nws:http://imgur.com/a/oQxmm:nws::nms:
Pubic tattoo removal.

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.

So between the hair and the jawline, I can't be the only one getting some Syndrome vibes from that face, can I?

Terminal Entropy
Dec 26, 2012

About how many passes does it take for a full tattoo removal?

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Terminal Entropy posted:

About how many passes does it take for a full tattoo removal?

It can be quite a few. Check out the documentary Erasing Hate. Former Neo-Nazi gets a bunch of skinhead tattoos lasered off his face. poo poo looks painful as hell.

Perpetual Hiatus
Oct 29, 2011

This is the only thread I look at NMS stuff in, maybe I should stop that. It looks like infected scarification.

Assimilate Conform

Adapt and Conquer

I know this guy and he is pushing 40, he acts exactly like you imagine.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
the knee looks good.

Buggiezor
Jun 6, 2011

For I am a cat, you see.

Perpetual Hiatus posted:

Assimilate Conform

Adapt and Conquer

I swear at first glance I thought the last 2 words were "And Lawyers" Even knowing what it says, I still see that.

EDIT: For content, a local station is having a contest where people submit terrible tattoos and the masses vote on the worst one. I think the "winner" gets a free removal.

http://www.thebuzz.com/onair/rod-ryan-show-links-guests-52901/voting-tattoo-nightmares-contest-and-photos-12079673/

Buggiezor has a new favorite as of 16:28 on May 5, 2014

Buggiezor
Jun 6, 2011

For I am a cat, you see.
Decided to post some examples from the contest. Plenty more if you follow This link

"Mutated butterfly/snake/dolphin. Had it done may 2011. My husband & i were having issues back then and a "friend" drew it (we would come up with these random mixes of animals and he'd draw them all mutated together). Out of anger towards my husband for not wanting to participate in lemonade day with our then 4 yr old, i left and went to get one of the drawings tatted on with no thought. The next day at lemonade day, my mom pointed out it looked like a penis fish. I don't talk to this "friend" anymore and my husband & i have never been better now and its just a horrible reminder of many mistakes done at that time. ~Sylvia"

"A unicorn with 2 hearts and a dagger through a ribbon. Mine and my ex wifes name are on the ribbon although now her name is a blob of black because my current wife didn't care for it much. I was 16 when I got it. ~Juan"

"Crabs. I was 18, thought it would be cool to represent my cancer sign ... never thought someone would point down n say ... Oh, Sh-t you got crabs. Its embarrassing. ~Marty"

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.

Buggiezor posted:

"Mutated butterfly/snake/dolphin. Had it done may 2011. My husband & i were having issues back then and a "friend" drew it (we would come up with these random mixes of animals and he'd draw them all mutated together). Out of anger towards my husband for not wanting to participate in lemonade day with our then 4 yr old, i left and went to get one of the drawings tatted on with no thought. The next day at lemonade day, my mom pointed out it looked like a penis fish. I don't talk to this "friend" anymore and my husband & i have never been better now and its just a horrible reminder of many mistakes done at that time. ~Sylvia"
Boy, Sylvia, you sure showed him! That'll teach him to skip out on lemonade day ever again!

What kind of rational adult does this petty poo poo? Are you twelve?

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Buggiezor posted:

I like how she doesn't talk to the friend any more, as though it's the friend's fault that she's a loving moron.

Multiplesarcasm
Mar 3, 2006

a corduroy explosion.

Buggiezor posted:

Decided to post some examples from the contest. Plenty more if you follow This link

Holy poo poo, there's 178 of these and they're all incredible. It's like someone dropped this thread off a year's worth of material.

If the art isn't enough the backstories make up for it.

Frog/sybolizing a time period of my life. 8 years ago at friends house. I got married to high school sweetheart right before she joined the Air Force and moved to Germany,I was on probation at the time so I couldn't leave the country until I was clear. Over the course of the next several months I got very close to a female friend and ended up sleeping with her. The night before i moved to Germany to be with my wife, I got this tattoo symbolizing a big section of my life. I metioned to the friend that I was getting the tattoo (it's from a video game called Ribbit King, which if you smoke pot, you should definitly check out). Even to this day, no matter how i explain it to her, my wife sees it as a reminder of me cheating. ~Britton

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Multiplesarcasm posted:

Frog/sybolizing a time period of my life. 8 years ago at friends house. I got married to high school sweetheart right before she joined the Air Force and moved to Germany,I was on probation at the time so I couldn't leave the country until I was clear. Over the course of the next several months I got very close to a female friend and ended up sleeping with her. The night before i moved to Germany to be with my wife, I got this tattoo symbolizing a big section of my life. I metioned to the friend that I was getting the tattoo (it's from a video game called Ribbit King, which if you smoke pot, you should definitly check out). Even to this day, no matter how i explain it to her, my wife sees it as a reminder of me cheating. ~Britton

I love this. I'd bold it again if I could.

Some of the explanations are pretty realistic, "I was stupid." but plenty find ways to blame everyone else for their tattoo.

Buggiezor
Jun 6, 2011

For I am a cat, you see.

quote:

"Flames. A friend did them at my house about fifteen years ago. I have missed out on three really good life-changing jobs because they are so ghetto-looking and they can't be covered by clothing. They really pose an image that does not represent me at all. ~Mike"

So many of these say their horrible tattoo decisions have caused them to miss out on jobs. It's almost sad. Almost.

quote:

Naked Girl. This tattoo is about 8 years old. My friend had just started as a tattoo artist. One night during a party, while drunk, I decided it would be a good idea to let him give me a tattoo. I now have a three year old daughter. I am embarrassed to wear shorts when I take her to day care (it is at a church). I hate this tattoo and want it gone. ~Aaron

Also lots of "I have kids and now my ink is inappropriate"

Buggiezor has a new favorite as of 20:20 on May 5, 2014

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
At that point get them colored in, might as well. That just looks like some lovely squiggle someone drew across his knuckles. I mean, that's exactly what they are but still.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Most of these could be fixed by a cover up at a reputable studio easily. If people really hated them as much as they say they do it would be simple to get them fixed.

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013
The sudden reminder that I have no fucking clue what I'm talking about

Tracula posted:

At that point get them colored in, might as well. That just looks like some lovely squiggle someone drew across his knuckles. I mean, that's exactly what they are but still.

There isn't a single thing you could tattoo on your hand that won't deny you a respectable job.

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Captain Trips posted:

There isn't a single thing you could tattoo on your hand that won't deny you a respectable job.

Not even "Hire Me" across the knuckles? :v:

Jaweeeblop
Nov 12, 2004

Istari posted:

I like how she doesn't talk to the friend any more, as though it's the friend's fault that she's a loving moron.

I don't think that person was just a friend and I don't think they stopped talking because of the tattoo.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Sunburned anime girl.

Multiplesarcasm
Mar 3, 2006

a corduroy explosion.

Represents my first marriage. I had the tattoo done in August of 2004 while I was in the Army. I was married in Nov of 03, and was deployed to Iraq two weeks after my honey moon for a year of stop loss. I came home for two weeks leave in August, and had a dragon screwing a fairy done on my right arm. A month later while back in Iraq I found out that my wife had been cheating on me ever since I was deployed. So with a knife and lighter I did my own self removal of the fairy. The joke is the dragon had to burp but farted and blew his a$$ off, and the fairy with it. ~Bryan

Turbo Snail. I had it done a few years ago when I met this guy at the gym. He had his own tattoo gun and I always told him no 'cause I thought his artwork sucked. Well one night in my apartment I was drunk and he finally convinced me that he could do an awesome job. It came out really bad. Anyway, I moved on. A month later, he is waiting outside my apartment saying he couldn't get in his place. So i let him in and I fell asleep. While I was asleep, he took my wallet, Military ID, ran up $500 in charges on my card and took my Subaru wrX STI out for a joy ride. He denied he did it until the end. It reminds me of a lovely person And it looks just aweful. ~David

I had the tattoo started back in 2004 and it was started by my brother. After he started the tattoo, I found out he was sleeping with my wife which is caused us to divorce. ~Vincent

So there was a triple whammy of terrible tattoo (done in the 2000's for a band from 30 years ago), a brother's deceit and his wife cheating on him. :drat:

Buggiezor
Jun 6, 2011

For I am a cat, you see.

A big gangster cross. Got it 9 yrs ago when I was 20. I was at a bar with my then bf next to this tattoo shop & after some drinks I decided it was time to get a tattoo to represent my previous 2 miscarriages. It was supposed to be a small solid cross on the nape of my neck. I told the dude I wanted to be able to hide it with my hair down. He not only completely disregarded what I requested, but he took a random cross off his wall art & permanently branded me with it! Not only is it a horrendous tattoo, it hurt like......you don't even understand! ~Leslie

I wonder how often tattoo "artists" disregard what a client has said. Or if that's just people lying because they know that tattoo was stupid as hell so "Oh it wasn't me it was the tattoo guy!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

This thread needs a refresh. Someone start a new one, please.

• Locked thread