Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Gothic Lolita posted:

Is the "But, it's for me" upside down to mock hipster wrist tattoos that are facing the wrong way?

Probably. I recognize a lot of his work from the last thread and it always caused derails about whether it was tasteless, awesome, or both: http://www.seanlanusse.com/#!tattoos/c24ko

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747
So this guy seems to actually do competent work, but some of the poo poo in his portfolio makes me laugh.

First off, the ever-popular Star Wars BDSM hand tattoo. Hate to see the face of this disaster.

For something slightly more uplifting, let me present a coffin. With wings and a heart. Right on someone's chest. Not as bad as most of what's posted here, but again. What is the train of thought behind this?

And a lock and key? What the gently caress.

On a different note, this looks awesome and must take a lot of skill, but unless I'm missing something, will fade into a nice round bruise in no time flat.

LeafHouse
Apr 22, 2008

That's what you get for not hailing to the chimp!

Naturally Selected posted:

For something slightly more uplifting, let me present a coffin. With wings and a heart. Right on someone's chest. Not as bad as most of what's posted here, but again. What is the train of thought behind this?

And a lock and key? What the gently caress.

I don't know what's so strange about getting a flying coffin chest tattoo. Of course I also have an electric platypus tattoo so maybe I'm not the right person to field that sort of question. Locks and keys are very popular tattoo subject matter, nothing weird there.

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011

LeafHouse posted:

I don't know what's so strange about getting a flying coffin chest tattoo. Of course I also have an electric platypus tattoo so maybe I'm not the right person to field that sort of question. Locks and keys are very popular tattoo subject matter, nothing weird there.

THAT'S YOUR TATTOO? Do I remember some story about some family member getting taken out by a platypus spur correctly or was that a total fabrication to go along with a crazy image? If I remember correctly the tattoo is pretty well done so it doesn't belong in this thread but I still wanna see it again :downs:

user on probation
Nov 1, 2012

removed

On a different note, this looks awesome and must take a lot of skill, but unless I'm missing something, will fade into a nice round bruise in no time flat.

Why will it fade into a bruise? Is it on the bottom of a foot or something, or does fine thin-lined/crosshatched work like this just fade away completely over time?

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

Trilineatus posted:

THAT'S YOUR TATTOO? Do I remember some story about some family member getting taken out by a platypus spur correctly or was that a total fabrication to go along with a crazy image? If I remember correctly the tattoo is pretty well done so it doesn't belong in this thread but I still wanna see it again :downs:

This one? http://fyeahtattoos.com/post/7116454272/i-got-this-electric-platypus-in-memory-of-my-dad If so, that's awesome.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Not to derail, but I have to know more details about this story. I thought Platypus venom wasn't enough to kill humans, just make them hurt like hell for a LONG time.

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

Choco1980 posted:

Not to derail, but I have to know more details about this story. I thought Platypus venom wasn't enough to kill humans, just make them hurt like hell for a LONG time.

A healthy adult will generally live through a platypus sting. But the OP's dad was stung by two, that might alter things.

e. also depends how old he was. And does anyone remember that derail in that other thread about the ikurandji jellyfish, which causes agonising pain that morphine can't touch? Same type of venom, apparently. I would probably die just to get away from that poo poo.

Corridor has a new favorite as of 04:50 on Mar 30, 2013

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Choco1980 posted:

Noodling. Not even once.

Amazing tat though.

Yomofo
Jun 7, 2005

by Cyrano4747

This girl I work with showed me this today. It's some kid in her high school class. I'm sure grandma is proud...

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny

That's an amazing tattoo of a coin. Holy crap.

WAITAMINUTE

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out

Zwille posted:

That's an amazing tattoo of a coin. Holy crap.

WAITAMINUTE

You joke but I seriously thought the quarter was a tattoo for 2 seconds and was like "that's really loving good"

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

quote:

An army veteran has sparked outrage after tattooing his dog and publishing the results on his Facebook page.

Ernesto Rodriguez tattooed his 5-month-old purebred American Pit Bull at his tattoo parlour last week.

Mr Rodriguez inked the dog’s name, Duchess, and an emblem representing her bloodline on his pet’s stomach.

He then posted an image of the tattoo on Facebook, prompting a mass outcry from animal lovers resulting in the local health department being contacted.

Mr Rodriguez, from Pinnacle, North Carolina, defended his actions, claiming the tattoo was no different to horses and cows being branded.

‘You’re not abusing them. You’re just protecting them so they don’t get lost,’ he said, claiming Duchess was asleep when he carried out the ink job.

However, the health department has subsequently issued Mr Rodriguez with a ‘cease and desist’ order, meaning he has to stop tattooing people until he gets proper zooming permits, WXII12.com reports.

No criminal charges have been filed against Mr Rodriguez as it is not illegal for someone to tattoo their pet unless it is considered to be animal cruelty.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/03/31/army-veteran-sparks-outrage-by-tattooing-his-dog-and-publishing-picture-on-facebook-3566434/

uptown
May 16, 2009
Typical pit bull owner. Obviously your tuff dog needs a tuff looking tattoo, not a microchip and a collar. :rolleyes:

Multiplesarcasm
Mar 3, 2006

a corduroy explosion.
To be fair, it's really difficult to get those zooming permits.

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Let another's wounds be your warning
Not defending the actions at all, but why do people have zero issues with branding on cattle but spark outrage for this?

Other than a brand taking a few seconds and a tattoo taking an hour or more there really is little difference in the healing and poo poo. Both are gonna annoy the gently caress out the animal and it's probably in line with tail docking and ear clipping.

Again, i dont advocate any of that, i think it should all be banned as there are far easier ways to 'tag' animals these days that have far less of an impact on the animal and less risk of infection, just seems weird that some animals cause public hysteria when treated poorly but it's easier to turn a blind eye to battery chickens and poo poo.

More to the point though, it looks like a poo poo tattoo that guy did so probably a good thing he's not allowed tattooing people either now.

user on probation
Nov 1, 2012

removed

dpack_1 posted:

Not defending the actions at all, but why do people have zero issues with branding on cattle but spark outrage for this?

Other than a brand taking a few seconds and a tattoo taking an hour or more there really is little difference in the healing and poo poo. Both are gonna annoy the gently caress out the animal and it's probably in line with tail docking and ear clipping.

Again, i dont advocate any of that, i think it should all be banned as there are far easier ways to 'tag' animals these days that have far less of an impact on the animal and less risk of infection, just seems weird that some animals cause public hysteria when treated poorly but it's easier to turn a blind eye to battery chickens and poo poo.

More to the point though, it looks like a poo poo tattoo that guy did so probably a good thing he's not allowed tattooing people either now.

Two reasons come immediately to mind. "Other than a brand taking a few seconds and a tattoo taking an hour or more" and the fact that people don't really eat dogs; they heavily anthropomorphize them/treat them like children.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
I think the black triangle is a poorly-proportioned rendition of Polk county:

This will look great in 30 years:

And lastly, vintage tattoo infections

uptown
May 16, 2009

dpack_1 posted:

It's completely unnecessary to tattoo a dog, and especially in this case. You get a collar with your contact info on it, and you put a microchip in it to be extra careful. If your dog gets lost, hopefully someone will call or get the pet scanned. If I tattoo my dog's bloodline on him, that person has no way to contact me. The owner saying it's no different than branding a cow is a false equivocation; if he had tattooed "return to Douchebag McGee c/o lovely Tattoo Shop In My Garage" then at least he would have a semi-valid argument.

twoday
May 4, 2005

Did he misspell the name? That looks like "DUTCHES"

Terminal Entropy
Dec 26, 2012

twoday posted:

That backwards and rotated gun trigger. :psyduck:

twoday
May 4, 2005

The Trigger Penninsula extends majestically into Triggerguard Lagoon, one of Florida's most majestic pristine bayous. (Though it clearly doesn't make sense, I think you are supposed to hold it by the panhandle?)

Terminal Entropy
Dec 26, 2012

Too narrow; the panhandle looks like a lower receiver.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

twoday posted:

Given the deer/gun/hunting angle, I think they were trying to go for one of those "turn the image into a skull ala The Deer Hunter" things, and just failed miserably:

Terminal Entropy
Dec 26, 2012

It looks even weirder in thumbnail view as the deer turns into a beard and grass a stitched up mouth.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Terminal Entropy posted:

That backwards and rotated gun trigger. :psyduck:

It's not pointed to the left as you're picturing; it's pointed down.

greenchair
Jan 30, 2008

uptown posted:

It's completely unnecessary to tattoo a dog, and especially in this case. You get a collar with your contact info on it, and you put a microchip in it to be extra careful. If your dog gets lost, hopefully someone will call or get the pet scanned. If I tattoo my dog's bloodline on him, that person has no way to contact me. The owner saying it's no different than branding a cow is a false equivocation; if he had tattooed "return to Douchebag McGee c/o lovely Tattoo Shop In My Garage" then at least he would have a semi-valid argument.

Although in this particular instance the dog's tattoo doesn't look as though it would be that useful as an ID, tattoing dogs isn;t that uncommon. Ten years ago or so, before microchips, it was very common to tattoo an ID number or some such, and some people still do it today. Whats the problem with making such a tattoo aesthetically pleasing to the owner as well as useful?

http://www.nationaldogregistry.com/tattoo.html

This doesn't apply to this particular case i guess, but there is a long established history of tattooing dogs and not considering it cruel or unusual.

greenchair has a new favorite as of 23:26 on Mar 31, 2013

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

Boat posted:

Given the deer/gun/hunting angle, I think they were trying to go for one of those "turn the image into a skull ala The Deer Hunter" things, and just failed miserably:

I live in Polk County, and not only is that probably supposed to be the county, but you're also probably right with the skull thing. Lakeland (the closest thing Polk has to an actual city) is about 60-90 minutes from both the Tampa Bay area and the Orlando are, yet idiot rednecks out here love to think that they're super hardcore country folk who don't need none a yer fancy book lernin':bahgawd:

That tattoo is pretty much polktattoos.jpg

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Let another's wounds be your warning
Just had some kid messaging my shop's page on FB, he's 16 and outright asked if we do underaged tattoos, after explaining that it's against the law and all the rest of it he proceeds to tell me that he's going to get his sweet tribal done 'privately' and asks what the risks are about doing such a thing, so i further explain all the health risks along with the fact that those willing to do such things are generally pretty poor quality. He thanks me for my time and lets me know that he is going to send me a picture tomorrow after he's had it done.

I expect to have some content to post here tomorrow.

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

twoday posted:

This will look great in 30 years:

The words are 'shopped, luckily.

AltoidsAddict
Sep 13, 2007

when they're yours you'll love them

dpack_1 posted:

Just had some kid messaging my shop's page on FB, he's 16 and outright asked if we do underaged tattoos, after explaining that it's against the law and all the rest of it he proceeds to tell me that he's going to get his sweet tribal done 'privately' and asks what the risks are about doing such a thing, so i further explain all the health risks along with the fact that those willing to do such things are generally pretty poor quality. He thanks me for my time and lets me know that he is going to send me a picture tomorrow after he's had it done.

I expect to have some content to post here tomorrow.

:f5:

It's like witnessing the miracle of life, only something horrifying is being born like Tila Tequila is delivering a shitdemon.

Azrael Alexander
Jun 24, 2011

No one ever asks if Bender would like to live in a tiny little house. Not that I would. A tiny little house that says "Bender" on it.

greenchair posted:

Although in this particular instance the dog's tattoo doesn't look as though it would be that useful as an ID, tattoing dogs isn;t that uncommon. Ten years ago or so, before microchips, it was very common to tattoo an ID number or some such, and some people still do it today. Whats the problem with making such a tattoo aesthetically pleasing to the owner as well as useful?

This doesn't apply to this particular case i guess, but there is a long established history of tattooing dogs and not considering it cruel or unusual.
The difference is that an ID tattoo is small, and would take a matter of a few minutes to complete rather than the hour or more that a tattoo like the one on that dog would take. The smaller tattoo involves much less trauma to the dogs skin, has a shorter healing time, and less chance of infection. There's just no reason to give your dog a large intricate tattoo for identification purposes, as it does not benefit the dog in any way and can potentially cause it pain. ESPECIALLY if the person does not have the tattoo done professionally or take care of it properly - we don't need kitchen wizards expanding their business to canine customers.

uptown posted:

Typical pit bull owner. Obviously your tuff dog needs a tuff looking tattoo, not a microchip and a collar. :rolleyes:
That's not a "typical pit bull owner", it's a typical ignorant douchebag. I own a pit bull and she's microchipped and wears a collar with i.d tags at all times. She's not a "tuff dog" and I make no effort to make her look like one. The average pit bull owner would really like to disassociate ourselves from these kind of people, but they're making it difficult.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Azrael Alexander posted:

That's not a "typical pit bull owner", it's a typical ignorant douchebag.

This. It's not the dog's fault dude is a Grade A Moran.

uptown
May 16, 2009

greenchair posted:

As far as I remember, when my previous dog got his tattoo, it was more of a brand/piercing than a long, drawn-out tattoo process the way humans are tattooed. I think it was pretty instantaneous, they had a... pinchy thing with ink and the numbers, and when they closed it the ink was all put in at the same time. Sorry I can't describe it better, but I was about 6 years old when it happened.

Azrael Alexander posted:

That's not a "typical pit bull owner", it's a typical ignorant douchebag. I own a pit bull and she's microchipped and wears a collar with i.d tags at all times. She's not a "tuff dog" and I make no effort to make her look like one. The average pit bull owner would really like to disassociate ourselves from these kind of people, but they're making it difficult.

Of course your dog she's not a "tuff dog" - I know that pits are just like any other dog, just unfortunately with a stigma attached to them due to the large population of dumbasses who do own them because they've got a reputation and blahblahblah. Vicious cycle kinda thing. I do however think it's typical of that type of dumbass, or as you said, ignorant douchebag, to treat their animals like crap. That said, I don't think you're the typical pit bull owner; I think you and many of the other pit bull owners on SA are the exception to the norm.

Anyways, more on topic, a local radio station held a contest where the person who was voted having the worst tattoo received free laser removal from a laser clinic. This was one of the contenders...

"I was 18 when I got this tatto. It was a champagne flute with three roses. I was going to put the words, "We live, we love, we die" in the body. However, I really thought I was in love at the time and put the words, "Property of" on the top and "NAME OF GUY" (who will remain anonymous) on the bottom. My father saw this tattoo shortly after I got it, when I was hungover, asleep and he came in to wake me for breakfast. He not only knew the guy I had tattoo'd -- it was one of his staff. My father was outraged! Since then many attempts at covering it have taken it to where it is now -- a sh***y a** tattoo (Sh.a.t.). Yes, it is on my behind -- right cheek and under 36". Since then three tattoo artists have worked on trying to cover it up: First artist came up with covering the words with vines; the next one went with colour and eyes looking out at a seascape, finally, the last one said he had better ink to finish the eyes looking out at the ocean. The only eyes that see this now are my husband's and he doesn't see a seascape. He knows the whole story and he's always been great about this dumb phase of my life."

Three cover up attempts.

Dire Chinchilla
Mar 27, 2013
http://i.imgur.com/SK3i5xj.jpg :nws:
Apparently somebody wants this tattooed on them :psyduck: So many things wrong with her body. :suicide:

Edit: linked now, sorry.

Dire Chinchilla has a new favorite as of 20:11 on Apr 1, 2013

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.
Could you maybe link that? It's kinda :nws:

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

uptown posted:

"The only eyes that see this now are my husband's and he doesn't see a seascape."

Three cover up attempts.

You posted it on the internet, everyone can see it. Hell dudes are probably whacking off to it.

QuickbreathFinisher
Sep 28, 2008

by reading this post you have agreed to form a gay socialist micronation.
`

Dire Chinchilla posted:

http://i.imgur.com/SK3i5xj.jpg :nws:
Apparently somebody wants this tattooed on them :psyduck: So many things wrong with her body. :suicide:

Edit: linked now, sorry.

I love that there is literally a straight, wonky line from her chin to the tip of her titty, interrupted only by an Adam's apple. Her neck appears to be cone-shaped.

gobbledygoat
Jun 4, 2011

Ask me about
Steaming Early-onset Accessperger's

Free Logical Fallacies only in 2014!
Do not listen to a thing I say.

QuickbreathFinisher posted:

I love that there is literally a straight, wonky line from her chin to the tip of her titty, interrupted only by an Adam's apple. Her neck appears to be cone-shaped.

Looks like her neck is going to inflate like a frog's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

gobbledygoat posted:

Looks like her neck is going to inflate like a frog's.

I can't believe that's not the intention.

Please?

• Locked thread