Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

Sometimes I feel like this.

If I were going to get letters on my fingers like that, I would probably pick some that had more anagram possibilities. It would be like a game of Boggle every day! :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

Murder Boner posted:

A friend commented on this on Facebook and it showed up in my feed. The dude has about 20 photos of it and is insanely proud of his sweet head raven. He said he could grow hair over it if he gets sick of it but then someone pointed out that he is balding, so...

Yeah, that hairline is dangerously close to the edge of the tattoo...I wouldn't count on it staying hidden forever if I were him.

I've always kind of secretly/guiltily wanted to get a treasure map tattooed on my scalp, and just keep it covered with hair forever. I'm planning on donating my body to a med school or something when I die, and I like the idea of somebody prepping me for a dissection lab and discovering a secret treasure map. :yarr:

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

Death by Meteor posted:

I wish there was some sort of anonymous tattoo help hot-line that I could call to keep him from butchering people's skin and exposing his friends to infections.
He ain't got time for that apprentice bullshit!

Some states requires a license to tattoo, so you could potentially reach out to whatever agency does that in your area. Or, if there's no licensure in your area, and you're genuinely concerned about his sanitation, you might call the health department. They often take an interest in situations where bloodborne pathogens are being passed around.

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

It looks like the shadow of the cell phone they're using to take the picture, blocking light from an overhead lighting fixture.

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

The shape of that eagle's head is loving astonishing.

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

Saint Jimmy posted:

The dahmer one looks like it was done with a different color and its making me nuts.

It's probably brand new and still red.

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

Jellymouth posted:

An old friend of mine just got this tattoo, and apparently she thought it was a good idea to put it on Facebook.

Apparently her boyfriend drew it for her. That's her BOYFRIEND that drew it for her... Not some toddler of hers... Her BOYFRIEND.

Eh, adulthood doesn't necessarily come with artistic skill. I can't draw much better than that, but then again, I would never draw something and then allow or encourage someone else to get it tattooed on their body.

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

Captain Trips posted:

I know the economy is tough, but why would you agree to tattoo a thigh like that?

Or do major tattoo shops keep a chubby-chaser on retainer, specifically for those jobs?

The thing that makes me cringe is that I have a tattoo that partially covers a little bit of cellulite, and it was easily the most painful spot I've ever had tattooed. I know pain is highly subjective, but ugh. Why would you put yourself through that for a Twilight tattoo, of all things?

Where I'm from, we used to refer to legs like that as "cottage cheese thighs" :barf:

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

Regular acne is no big deal. If you have something worse, like cystic acne, it can definitely gently caress up your tattoos - I've lost some ink to it. Cystic acne is mostly invisible, though. That guy needs to get some salicylic acid wash.

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

That's going to require a truly enormous black panther to cover up.

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

Husband just sent me this one:

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

Agreed, which makes it only slightly less gross.

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

In my experience you still can't wash it off, you have to wait until it wears off naturally as it gets fainter and weirder looking day by day.

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

That guitar one is going to look like a cock and balls when it's healed up.

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

This showed up in a friend's convention photos.

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

It struck me as a vaguely racist interpretation of a Cossack.

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

I thought the bits of mane hanging down below the tip of the nose were tentacles at first, like it was some kind of Cthulhu horse.

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

If the dragon wasn't so anthropomorphic, I'd have said it was a very silly but kind of cute tattoo, probably something better left on the cover of a fantasy novel but not terrible. That stupid anime hair, though.

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

I know that's a capital I, but it sure looks like a capital T.

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

I think I have a recipe for figthing, my great-grandmother used to make it at Christmastime.

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

ReidRansom posted:

Well, is it worth having?

Oh yes, especially if you dip it in chocolate.

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

I think it's meant to be "love is all u need" and since a lowercase u is similar to a lovely is in cursive...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

Maggie Fletcher posted:

Yep, although my spa blows frigid air on the surface to numb it. And yeah, you have to keep it out of the sun. It sucks (I live in California); I'm thinking about just slapping zinc oxide on it all summer. I can't just not go outside. You can't spray-tan or self-tan, either.

I just had a laser treatment yesterday and she told me no sun at all for about the first week, then after that it would be fine to go out as long as I sunscreened thoroughly.

• Locked thread