Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Critical posted:

That tattoo is horribly done. Bad line work, the shading is very questionable and the dragon looks like it has chromosomal issues.

It kind of looks like the pictures we've seen of stolen tattoos. Like the original was far better, but the tattoo artist that copied it couldn't capture the awesome.

Edit: Dammit. I can't find that tumblr.

God, the image search has several different people that this could be from. All do sell flash, so maybe it was a mash-up of their flash or something, and then put in with crappy lines and questionable color.
Although, it looks closest to Valerie Vargas work. Or Amy Williams.

hyperhazard posted:

I was thinking Princess Mononoke, myself. Stoned out of her gourd.

I looked that up too, but I don't think it's supposed to be a stylized princess mononoke. The asiany animal head hats on cartoony girls seems to be pretty popular lately.

Critical posted:

That tattoo is horribly done. Bad line work, the shading is very questionable and the dragon looks like it has chromosomal issues.

I'm with you on this.

Bored has a new favorite as of 23:20 on Mar 24, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Yo horse.....We got some funyuns?
Neigh.

The best part of a Walking Dead tattoo.

I decided to go search for examples or possibly where the tattooist got the pieces for the wolf head thing again, since the more I look at it, the crappier the "artwork". But here's one that came up in the search that has nothing to do with that argument.

El Estrago Bonito posted:

If I had to guess who that wolf head tattoo was ripped from I'd say Sagent Staygold since it looks an awful lot like a poor quality rendition of his work and he does a ton of Cowboy/Native American styled flash.

Good call! I still haven't found the references, but his lips are flatter than most of the other artists I've been going through and his noses have variety (instead of only drawing one kind of nose on all pictures.) By flat, I mean that there is less definition in how he draws the lips, which might cause a less skilled artist to not quite understand what they are seeing, making them draw lips like the ones in the wolf head tattoo.

Bored has a new favorite as of 01:07 on Mar 25, 2013

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

meiram posted:

Next they'll cover it in peanut butter and seed and stand outside to feed the birds.

I don't know why this is so goddamned funny to me, but it is.

Um. Have a poorly done tattoo that might not have looked so bad if it was done on a body part other than the foot.

Or maybe she should have just gotten it done at a different shop. That was in their portfolio. The artist is proud of that.

Bored has a new favorite as of 17:02 on Mar 25, 2013

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

wezyap posted:

A mermaid with a fish-face

Yeah. I saw that one too. I think I know where they get their ink, though.

Also, I have no clue what is going on with this one:

It would be awesome if they had this tattooist on Ink Master.

Bored has a new favorite as of 22:20 on Mar 25, 2013

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dire Chinchilla posted:

http://i.imgur.com/SK3i5xj.jpg :nws:
Apparently somebody wants this tattooed on them :psyduck: So many things wrong with her body. :suicide:

Edit: linked now, sorry.

What, you don't approve of Ted's tit hat?
:nws:
http://imgur.com/7DYtJAN

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Grrl Anachronism posted:

Just showed up on my facebook feed.

So, just to be clear, that is a tattoo of tattooed rectum with stretch earlobes and a beard, correct?

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Enelrahc posted:

Another edition of "It Came From Facebook."

Is that an actual tattoo? It looks like paint what my glossy jelly rollers look like when they dry. If it is a real tattoo, wonder what it looks like when the person posting hasn't hosed around with the color levels?

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

ThatPazuzu posted:

No, Lucky's her husband. He paid for the tattoo with his pee-pee money.

"his pee-pee money."
I have no clue what that the means, but it keeps cracking me up everytime I come back to it to try to figure out what it means.

Edit: Ah, king of the hill reference. I like the nonsense version better, so I think I'll stick with that idea.

:nws: for straightedge tattoo on penis
http://imgur.com/9dgW3vM

:nws: for tasteless, nude Popeye
http://imgur.com/WZyfKlj

I don't know if it's meant to be gibberish, satire, or anti-semitic, but I consider it tasteless. The bottom part says "filth". I thought it said "fiath", at first.

Hope I fixed the popeye link in time and nobody got fired. Sorry for using the image code instead of link.

Bored has a new favorite as of 21:26 on Apr 5, 2013

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

AlbieQuirky posted:

Popeye's Jewish? I was not expecting that.

In american hospitals, every male gets circumcized. A man can't even set foot in a hospital until they check his wiener.

This is not to start a debate about circumcision. I was just making up poo poo.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

McPantserton posted:

Is this perhaps a Cradle of Filth joke? That's all I got.

If so, I wouldn't recognize it and you can ignore me calling it tasteless...or not, depending on how you feel about the band.

Bored posted:

What, you don't approve of Ted's tit hat?
http://imgur.com/7DYtJAN

So, I had to start a new chain in DoD and couldn't think of what to do. So, like, another Ted picture that's getting closer to Silent Hill territory, although it's still not quite there. Sorry it's named. When I was drawing the original picture, it was kind of late and the name popped into my head. Also, the leg winding around the stripper pole is all hosed up.

Possibly :nws: and hopefully :nms:
http://imgur.com/uVeH26k

Bored has a new favorite as of 08:16 on Apr 6, 2013

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Skipopatomus posted:

Am I missing something or is that just a normal looking wolf? Tasteless sure, it's weird enough to wear a wolf shirt to show your affinity for wolves let alone etch it into your skin permanently but it's not THAT bad compared to other tattoos in this thread.

I'm pretty sure the weird contrast with the tongue is what's throwing people off. It would look like a wolf panting, with the slightly droopy bottom lip thing, but where the tongue should have lighter spots, it's just black. It's actually a pretty good picture of a wolf, which makes the slight imperfection really confusing in a "something ain't right" kind of way. I'm guessing the poorly placed paw print is an old tattoo, maybe part of a larger tattoo that the tongue is covering up.
:goonsay:

Sorry. I stared at it for a few minutes last night trying to figure out why it bothered me when it's actually a pretty good drawing. Also, the contrast around the nose is off.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

torjus posted:

lovely Bieber tattoo on a 22 year old girl coming right up!

(Google translated source)

If a competent tattoo artist had done it, I would actually think it was pretty funny. I mean, it would still be great for this thread as a "lol random" that is only funny the first time people see it.

Good point! Also, now reading the article. "Cream Prince" is either a disgusting nickname, or hilarious. I can't quite decide which. (I'm sure someone will correct the translation.)
\/\/\/

Bored has a new favorite as of 16:38 on Apr 11, 2013

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Nierbo posted:

My ex boss:

nice.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

I think you're on to something here...

Anyway, here's one that's kinda tasteless and maybe :nws::
http://imgur.com/AC4f1uA
Well, sure, the cheek's out, but can they go in your rear end in a top hat?

"Good Angel Bad Angel"

"You are viewing good angel bad angel tattoo. This picture added on Tuesday, November 13, 2012. You can make it as an inspiration when you want to tattooing your body or you can download it and set it as a wallpaper background of your desktop, tablet, and smartphone device by right click on the image and select the option "save image as" or "set as background". Please check many other tattoo designs, tattoo ideas and tattoo gallery for free at Tattoo Design Images. All you need to do is help us grow by sharing this wallpaper if you like it. "

Bored has a new favorite as of 00:01 on Apr 17, 2013

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Pesticide20 posted:

Actually, I think that may be a poorly done Zergling.

Regardless, I think we can all agree it's a poorly done something.

Death by Meteor posted:

The Saddest Phoenix

I wish there was some sort of anonymous tattoo help hot-line that I could call to keep him from butchering people's skin and exposing his friends to infections.
He ain't got time for that apprentice bullshit!

I was originally looking through this post thinking,"Well, it's not as bad as a lot of the kitchen wizard poo poo we see in here." Then I got to the phoenix.

"Phoenix tattoo" didn't bring up as many lovely results as I'd hoped. So here's "stupid tattoo":

Would you gently caress me? I'd gently caress me.

It's a badly done tattoo, regardless of your views on Star Wars.

Dead penis?
:nws: http://imgur.com/MCeUuUF

It's uncanny!

Bored has a new favorite as of 23:20 on Apr 29, 2013

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Damnit Neurosis, you hit post before I did.

I think facebook is having some issues. I got to it, but was apparently the only person able to get to another page on fb yesterday (supernatural thread). I dunno what's wrong. I think Brian's tattoos is the one that we all theorized in the last thread was a joke account, b/c everything on there is lovely. I think it is a new account. It is a treasure trove.

I thought that, too. It's because they are too stupid to get completely in the sun. It's a shadow from a window. Although, I have no clue what is going on with the basketball one.
\/\/\/

Bored has a new favorite as of 19:17 on Apr 30, 2013

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

What is this from? When I saw it yesterday it made me laugh. It's still making me laugh today. Almost as much as Buttorthy from the funny pictures threads.

Also, here's some :siren::nws::siren: tattoos from the gis of "wizard of oz photo butt tattoo":
http://imgur.com/cngoMSu
http://imgur.com/Ck4TZvp
http://imgur.com/DNRcnSi
http://imgur.com/vpaPlg0

They all have butts in them, in case you couldn't tell from the google search term.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

I think it's a shredded cloth bandage. I think it got soaked somehow, I'll pretend in the shower, and she didn't change it.

Like this:

But the cheaper versions tend to fray pretty easily.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

aDecentCupOfTea posted:

These are all on the same girl...

My personal favourite is the blue daffodil, her kids birth flower and birth stone colour? I thought one of the important and memorable parts of a daffodil was that they were yellow?
Girl that gently caress you with...mining pick?

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

So any answer on what that hairy reddish turd was from the last page?

Hey. I answered it, with a picture even.

:(
\/\/\/

Bored has a new favorite as of 06:29 on May 3, 2013

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

I really like the red cardinal one. It doesn't look like it was done by an incompetent artist, just in an odd style.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Gothic Lolita posted:

It's Japanese (possibly of the Weeaboo kind), pronounced "hime".

Because of this, maybe?

edit: wow, that is a big image.
________________________________________________________________________________
Edit: I just grabbed the Mononoke image because I remembered my friend telling me how it was pronounced in Japan (I was taking Japanese and she was taking Chinese) and I thought she said it was Mononokehime. If I had given a poo poo about it, maybe I would have found out on my own. But I am a terrible student. At least I wasn't taking Japanese due to anime. I think the whole Weeaboo thing started gaining momentum about a year after I left college.

To add to your sperg, b/c I am also fond of sperging about my random interests, Chinese characters flowed to Japan due to the spread of Buddhism.

I wanted to tack on bad Buddha tattoos to this post, but I'm having trouble finding truly crabby and/or tasteless Buddha tattoos. But this popped up in one of my searches for Buddha tattoos:

Bored has a new favorite as of 04:41 on May 10, 2013

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

El Estrago Bonito posted:

Its extremely common among younger fringe culture Japanese delinquent types. But english is a hard language to get tons of multiple meanings from so it's usually boring poo poo like KILLER and BAD rear end GOD stuff that normal dumb Americans would have. I've seen a lot of local Korean students with some grammatically questionable English tattoos but nothing outright wrong just awkward or poorly phrased.

It wouldn't surprise me. When I did my study abroad in Japan, I made a point of picking up amusing English language shirts. I have "Daread Speak,""The beauty that is yours puts us in heartworming mood," and that's not a typo, it say heartworming, and another one that was just a bunch of letters that look like a word. While I was explaining to my host mother what was funny about the shirts, I found out it's a pretty common hobby to collect English print and kind of make gibberish poem collages out of them. I think they use the fonts to decide where the words should go. Which I think is actually pretty cool, 'cause I like looking at typefaces, too. I just never wanted to put them on my body.

:goonsay:

zoux posted:

That's a reference to this.
http://query.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res=9B0DE3DF1E38EE32A25753C1A9679D946896D6CF

I mean I don't really like word tattoos but that doesn't seem bad at all for one.
:sigh:Fine. Have a sneaky tiger:

Bored has a new favorite as of 18:42 on May 10, 2013

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

OldCharlie posted:

So I had the lest bits of my tattoo finished. It still needs some touch ups. Probably get a blue background put in.

What up, Octopus tattoo buddy! Mine's smaller, a bit more cartoony, and is holding a wooden pipe.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Devor posted:

UNDIES

You can't criticize a man for feeling strongly about his shorts.

Glad that I wasn't the only one that read it as that at first pass.
Some tattoos that popped up for "undies tattoo" under a GIS. No clue why, but they are tasteless.

Bored has a new favorite as of 03:31 on May 16, 2013

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

And, uh, I just bit into bacon and both my front temporary crowns cracked and fell off. Not tattoo related, but kind of weird considering the nerve ending pictures there.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Factory posted:

My girlfriend and I have been looking at this for a while now, trying to figure out what the hell it is. Any guesses?

Yin Yang made out of fetuses?

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Optimist with doubt posted:

So the movie poster thread encouraged me to look for gifs of Forrest Gump offering Lt. Dan Ice Cream.

I found this in my search.

I saw this in my mind like Forest just kept pokin' Dan in the arm saying, "Lt Dan...icecream...Lt Dan, ICE CREAM...LT. DAN, ICE CREAM!" while trying to show him his new icecream cone tattoo, because I thought I clicked on the image macros thread. Also, because I don't remember the ice cream line in Forest Gump. All I remember is Bubba's recitation of shrimp dishes.

Here, have an s&m, but no nudity, tasteless shrimp tattoo. It's not bad, but I figure it sort of counts as tasteless.
Just in case it's :nws: for some, here's a link.

Oh, hey! Someone else had a similar, poorly executed, tattoo idea. Bad and tasteless. Linked for the same reason as above.

And here's a :nws: tattoo of a bare-breasted lobster-maid. Or a whatever-lobster-is-in-Ye-Olde-English-maid.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

hyperhazard posted:

I like to think the artist finished three limbs, went "Eh, gently caress it, this isn't getting any better," and stopped.

This is horrifying. O how I hope it's a portrait.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

That panther looks like someone just walked in on it getting out of the shower.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Wintermutant posted:

A scratcher has set up shop in my hometown, and has some pretty awesome examples of his work so far.

I spent longer than I'd care to admit trying to figure out what was going on anatomically with the second one.

She apparently has some self image problems if she believes that she needs to suck in that much. Wonder if she's got muffin top because her pants are tied too tightly and she's mistaking that for being fat. Girlgoon here, and I miss not being fat.

Bored has a new favorite as of 09:51 on Jun 1, 2013

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

squarerandom posted:

Is no one noticing the Invader Zim tattoo next to the childish grim reaper?

Lenore. And her artist, Roman Dirge, and Vazquez are buddies. Yes, I like both artists. Not that I would get either of them tattooed on my body.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

NeurosisHead posted:

On the note of bad tattoos and J.V., I have giant Happy Noodle Boy on my ribcage. And I don't feel bad about it at all. :colbert:

Wasn't Happy Noodle Boy kind of a way to troll fans (which I think makes it a-okay for a tattoo, btw)? I know there was a "How to Draw Happy Noodle Boy" page in one of the comics. I actually usually skipped Happy Noodle Boy when reading, 'cause he was just so angry, but not in a JTHM way. More in a schizophrenic homeless man yelling angry things way, which actually makes me sad. Also, I am all for people getting Dirge's "mouse with an ear on its back" as a tattoo.

More unasked for Dirge info: Lenore was also stolen by :todd:. He apparently thought that nobody knew who she was or something.

Granted, it wasn't the outright tracing that he did to Shmorky, but it's still pretty obvious.

Enough derail, Lenore tattoos. Since it's goth and a little wrong, it has plenty of trashy followers just like JTHM:

Well, that didn't yield anywhere near as many results as I had hoped. Of course, he included tattoo flash in his comics, so that may be some of the reason that there wasn't more poo poo. But this popped up, since, as I mentioned, the same people follow these artists (yes, I'm one of them to some extant, as is Neurosis Head I'm guessing):

gently caress getting a Vasquez tattoo that shows his strong use of line and shadow! Lets just throw this curly poo poo around here with faded lines and crappy shading.

Also, the search confirmed that Happy Noodle Boy can, indeed, look really loving cool in tattoo form. Then again, some of the joke is that he's a stick figure.

Edit: Shawn the Sheep is the only cartoon I've thought about getting as a tattoo. Goddamn I loved "A Close Shave" when I was in highschool. But, it wouldn't really fit anywhere, so I never got it.

Bored has a new favorite as of 16:38 on Jun 3, 2013

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

death .cab for qt posted:

No you pleb, they're Cat Slugs :colbert:

Cat Poops.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Portals posted:

"Hey Jesus, can I have some Mentos?"

"Sure, man!"

This one is actually pretty funny to me. But why did the tattoo artist use yellow for the tooth shine? It looks like he has food in his teeth.

Quick edit: Okay, there are all kinds of things wrong with the tattoo. But I still think it's a funny idea.

\/He developed tooth decay for our sins.\/

Bored has a new favorite as of 19:29 on Jun 5, 2013

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

The owner of a local tattoo studio just excitedly posted a FB update saying, "Spike Television out of California called today and we are in the running to get a total re-model for the studio and be part of a television series. Just never know who's going to call next. GO RED!!!!!!"*

I thought about posting to explain that this is not a good thing, but decided she should know that by now. The show in question is "Tattoo Rescue", I'm guessing. I haven't had any work done by them, but I don't think they are terrible. Whoever was proudly putting out the crappy tattoos I remember seeing several years back is gone I guess, since I'm not seeing them (the bad tattoos) online.
I know, I know:

*"Red" is the name of the shop.

Anyway, I should post something since I didn't find the crappy tattoos I remember seeing when I looked through them in the past.
These are completely unrelated to Red Tattoo Parlor:

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

AshyPashy posted:

It came from facebook...

This made me look up bad "in memory of" tattoos. Because GODDAMN! that bike one is a mess.

I don't know if the one above is a reference to anything or just a poorly thought out idea, but figure someone browsing this thread will tell me if the skull angels (or maybe pig death?) are a pop culture reference I don't know.

Pretty sure that isn't the character for father, at least from my quick google search, and my tablet's being an rear end in a top hat so I can't attempt a kanji search on it with the kanji search app (it gives chinese meanings and examples as well). I figure this is another one you guys would be able to help me with. I guess it's not completely horrible if the character actually makes sense for a memorial tattoo. But I'm hoping it's something completely unrelated.

Edit: Yeah, I'm not finding the character in Japanese. I'm guessing it could be one of the characters that's changed a bit over time between the two languages? I was thinking there were a few. Or it's gibberish. Or it's just a character that isn't in this program.This app is dildos! :mad:

DontMockMySmock posted:

I don't know anything about kanji, but I googled a kanji searcher and came up with this. It looks like "peace" is probably the intended meaning, but I think "mistake" is a more appropriate translation.
Thank you! And it's one of the first characters we learned in class, too, I think!

Bored has a new favorite as of 22:05 on Jun 14, 2013

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Scathach posted:

This one makes me sad, because until recently this tattoo shop had some really great artists. The new ones are just awful.

Did that guy even look at the stencil before he ok'd it?

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

rocketpig posted:

It came from facebook.

This portrait is on I guy I knew years ago. He is very proud of it and thinks it looks exactly like his kid.

Does it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Druggachusettes posted:

A friend of mine got KC (his initials) in old english on his bicep when he turned 18 (now he's 28). When people talk about tattoos he shows it and says "Got my initials...just in case I ever forget them" in a disappointed tone.

At least he didn't get it in trampstamp form.

• Locked thread