Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Neo Rasa posted:

If you're wearing anything else the dog attacks you on site, but if you're wearing the Mad Max armor he'll become your loyal companion. :kitty:

That's not entirely true, the armor route is indeed the easiest but you can also just feed him and he'll join you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Holy loving poo poo I had no idea this was a thing and those cars look amazing. It's been years since I've seen the movies so I think a re-viewing is in order.

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the subtle homo-erotic undertones in the Mad Max movies.

Armyman25 fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Mar 19, 2013

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Ho Chi Mint posted:

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the subtle homo-erotic undertones in the Mad Max movies.

Oh, that was just the style at the time

All kidding aside, I recall hearing that the Mad Max outfit had become a gay icon of sorts.

One of the things that I noticed on a recent viewing is that the Toecutter didn't just rape the girl in the hot rod, they raped her boyfriend as well. That's why we see him running off into the outback stark naked when Goose drives up and after Johnny Boy dozed off. So, yeah, they were definitely a bunch of pansexual bikers.

Of course, even with the blonde buttboy riding bitch, this is not even Vernon Wells' gayest role.

I'm not sure if I recall where I heard this, but I think Miller was influenced a bit by William Burroughs' "The Wild Boys", which is about a gang of gay teenage bikers roaming the countryside of post-apocalyptic America. It was a fairly influential book in the early '70s, inspiring David Bowie's Ziggy Stardust persona and Ian Curtis of Joy Division, so I'd imagine that Miller may have heard about it. I know that another Aussie director, Russell Mulcahy of Highlander fame, had wanted to adapt that book into a movie and ended up doing a long-form video with other fans of the book, Duran Duran, on the titular song "The Wild Boys".

Speaking of things discovered on recent viewings, I realized that in Beyond Thunderdome, there's a line where the girl who wakes up Max to tell him Savannah, Mr. Scratch, and their breakway faction took off, she mentions one of the girls that went along with them "is ready to pop any day". That single line brought the uncomfortable thought that Lost Boys and Girls were having sex and making babies at a really young age.

Young Freud fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Mar 19, 2013

kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

'Cause we're the good guys.

Young Freud posted:

Speaking of things discovered on recent viewings, I realized that in Beyond Thunderdome, there's a line where the girl who wakes up Max to tell him Savannah, Mr. Scratch, and their breakway faction took off, she mentions one of the girls that went along with them "is ready to pop any day". That single line brought the uncomfortable thought that Lost Boys and Girls were having sex and making babies at a really young age.

Where'd you think all those little ones during the Tell came from?

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

Young Freud posted:

Of course, even with the blonde buttboy riding bitch, this is not even Vernon Wells' gayest role.

I think my favorite little detail of Bennet's character is that his vest isn't chain mail, it's yarn knit to look like chain mail.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

kazmeyer posted:

Where'd you think all those little ones during the Tell came from?

I originally thought they were born before the adults left with Captain Walker or died off.

But, considering that Savannah, Mr. Scratch, and Slake M'Thurst, the eldest of the tribe, have gone full primitive and cargo culty in that time thanks to a lack of adult guidance, they must have been real young when the war happened. I can't even wager a guess how long they would have been out there, given the fluidity of the Mad Max timeline so far.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Mad Max also owns for being indirectly responsible for Babe: Pig In The City.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
The thing that disturbs me somewhat about the homoeroticism in the Mad Max movies, especially given Gibson's political leanings, is that it's always the bad guys that gently caress dudes. It's portrayed less as a Thing That Happens and more as an example of how depraved the bad guys are, like it's totally unthinkable for someone to like dick.

It's not a big enough aspect of the movies to really harm them in my opinion, but as a bisexual guy, it does make it slightly uncomfortable to rewatch them.

e: Actually, now that I think about it the films kinda just portray sex outside of a Good Christian Marriage as bad in general. Max is married in the first movie, but after his wife and kid die, he's portrayed as basically asexual for the rest of the trilogy, as are the other good-aligned characters. The only time the trilogy even slightly breaks this, to my recollection, is the aforementioned scene in Thunderdome where it's mentioned that one of the girls in the tribe is pregnant.

SALT CURES HAM fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Mar 19, 2013

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

...of SCIENCE! posted:

I would've liked to have Miller troll Mad Max fans by cutting a trailer that would have shots of Pursuit Special shooting down the road and a voice over "From acclaimed director George Miller, at long last, a reluctant hero returns to the road...", then cut to Babe at the wheel in a black leather jacket.

Also, I'm hoping that the new film has an eyeball gag at some point. He does it twice in Mad Max and in his segment of Twilight Zone: The Movie where Lithgow opens the window shade and gets a close-up of the gremlin on the wing, but never did on in the other films.

This is what I'm talking about...

Eyepopping special effects!

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Homo-erotic undertones, like it's subtle or hidden. :D

Bennett isn't gay though. I read an interview with Vernon Wells a while ago which was kind of interesting. He mentions how originally the guy riding with him in Road Warrior was supposed to be more of an adopted son than a lover, but they ditched the idea and just made them gay instead, which he was fine with. Bennett though is just overcompensating so hard, he's so jealous of Matrix's successes that he's just too macho and lost all self awareness.

Also I think it's important that a lot of the fetishistic look of the villains in Road Warrior is less about them being gay and more about them being fascistic, repressive people. Even more interesting since the aesthetic comes from the Main Force Police outfits and design in the first Mad Max which makes up a lot of the Road Warrior's gang (check out Fifi's work clothes in those shots Ho Chi Mint posted). I didn't find the portrayal in either movie to be particularly depraved though in the context of the movies themselves. It's notable that Lord Humongous, who we assume to be heterosexual because his only real character development is that photo, doesn't even view Wez as human, only ever referring to him as a "stupid dummy," and "his dog of war," keeping him chained up until he's needed after Wez has that one outburst about wanting to avenge his lover.

A year after Road Warrior, Warriors of the Wasteland The New Barbarians would come out in Italy and the US. Now that's a movie where the villains are villains BECAUSE they are homosexual rather than them being villains that have a gay character or two on their side. Repugnant, though it requires at least one viewing by post-apocalyptic aficionados since it has both George Eastman AND Fred Williamson in it.

Italy made interesting use of the post apocalyptic genre. Each entry is basically trash, yet has one or two concepts or scenes that make them required viewing (like say the Guernica scene in 2019 that Zach Snyder homages in Children of Men since 2019 and the Children of Men novel have the same premise and are from around the same time period, I think 2019 might have even come first) for that consistent juxtaposition of sleaze and style. Anyways, in New Barbarians George Eastman leads the Templars. A brutal group of soldiers that wants to murder everyone until only gay men are left. The main character is at one point captured and initiated (i.e., gang raped) by them has to go through a training montage to recover where Fred Williamson teaches him how to hold a rifle straight up again and how to grab his sidearm properly. Later, our hero is equipped with a vehicle with a huge drill bit that can protrude out of the front which he uses to strategically penetrate George Eastman's vehicle with. Oh Italy....

I'm sure it's been done before but I need to do a post apocalyptic thread at some point. Would anyone care?

Neo Rasa fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Mar 19, 2013

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

WickedIcon posted:

e: Actually, now that I think about it the films kinda just portray sex outside of a Good Christian Marriage as bad in general. Max is married in the first movie, but after his wife and kid die, he's portrayed as basically asexual for the rest of the trilogy, as are the other good-aligned characters. The only time the trilogy even slightly breaks this, to my recollection, is the aforementioned scene in Thunderdome where it's mentioned that one of the girls in the tribe is pregnant.

I'm just trying to think of when some sort of sexual relationship is shown in the series... In Mad Max, there's Max and Jessie's marriage, there's the couple that get raped by the Toecutter's gang, there's Goose hooking up with the lounge singer, there's Cundalini and Mudguts "molesting" the mannequin, and then later on the Toecutter gang leers and cat-calls at Jessie.

In the case of Toecutter's gang, I think they're just a bunch of maniacs predisposed to violence, sexual and otherwise. Members of the Toecutter's gang have relationships too (I'm presuming that the woman with the Nightrider was close to him), it's just that all parties involved are psychopaths.

In The Road Warrior, the Humungus's gang is portrayed as having both gay and straight members. There's Wez, the Golden Youth, and all the other leather fetishists. There's also members who are interested in raping women before killing them, not to mention the heterosexual couple who were seen having sex (when Max blasts through their camp, he knocks over their tent and they are shown briefly).

I assume the good-aligned characters weren't too sexual because they were under siege, however there are a few scenes where the Warrior Woman appears to be flirting with or checking out Max. Furthermore, the woman who was raped appears to have meant something to the scraggly looking guy as he asks Max about her when he first arrives at the compound--though to be fair, they might have been related rather than romantic partners.

Then there's Thunderdome and the Lost Ones. I can't recall anything overtly sexual happening in Bartertown. Maybe the creepy announcer dude and his scantily clad assistants?

My understand of the costuming is basically this:

Neo Rasa posted:

Also I think it's important that a lot of the fetishistic look of the villains in Road Warrior is less about them being gay and more about them being fascistic, repressive people.

(also, I've been slowly adding a bunch of stuff to the OP, including some video links, interviews, and more information about cast. I also updated the second post with a list of stuff that Mad Max has influenced, because when I look around the world I see Mad Max in everything and I love how pervasive this series is in pop culture).

Late Unpleasantness
Mar 26, 2008

s m o k e d

Blind Sally posted:

I'm just trying to think of when some sort of sexual relationship is shown in the series...

One cut scene from Thunderdome would have at least contributed to the idea. A dream sequence was scripted where Jessie reminds him of how happy they were, and the importance of preserving life instead of racing around in some kind of self hating denial. Basically starting him back on the path to humanity. Cut for lots of reasons, but originally set where Max has been rescued and dragged to the oasis.

Plus he was going to be woken up from this ghostly visitation by a couple of the older girls pulling at his zipper to check out Little Walker. That would have played so well with Warner.

So many ideas trimmed for cash and pacing, but they're great action films. And wow, it's growing to be an encyclopedia at the start of this thread, nice work. There are bits and pieces of a Thunderdome doc surviving on youtube as "madmax3 behind the scenes", not sure it's worthy.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

The Gyro Captain creeped on that one girl with the ponytail pretty hard.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Oh for gently caress's sake, here it is almost 10:30 at night and I have to get up early in the morning and now due to this thread I have to loving watch one of the greatest movies ever made: The Road Warrior RIGHT NOW. Thanks a lot, OP. :mad:

But seriously I watched it when it came out in the theaters around 12 times. Holy poo poo I love that movie. I have no problem with a new person playing Max, either. poo poo, how many people have played Bond? Also, I honestly was incredibly surprised that The Interceptor is back. :monocle:

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Blind Sally posted:

also, I've been slowly adding a bunch of stuff to the OP, including some video links, interviews, and more information about cast. I also updated the second post with a list of stuff that Mad Max has influenced, because when I look around the world I see Mad Max in everything and I love how pervasive this series is in pop culture).

In Fallout 3 you can get armor that looks like Master Blaster's getup called "blastmaster" armor.

Mad Max had a really big cult following in Japan, with conventions every couple of years and I think there's still and OFFICIAL online store based there where you can buy replica stuff and clothing inspired by the movies.

Nichibutsu made a mediocre arcade/NES shooter in the mid-eighties called MagMax. It has nothing to do with the movies at all except that the logo is a blatant ripoff of the Mad Max logo.

There's a long running series of Japanese RPGs called Metal Max that are heavily inspired by post apocalyptic movies in general.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

The Gyro Captain creeped on that one girl with the ponytail pretty hard.

Oh yeah! I can't believe I missed that. I was even thinking about it when I posted my previous response.

Anyways, one of my favourite bits of news to come out late last year was this whole "controversy" about Charlize Theron and Tom Hardy fighting on set: http://www.celebitchy.com/260334/are_charlize_theron_tom_hardy_fighting_on_the_set_of_mad_max_fury_road/

quote:

Charlize, the source says, just can’t believe Tom has to stay in character when they’re not filming and thinks he’s a “weirdo!”

“Charlize and Tom are just not getting on together,” the source told RadarOnline.com. “Professionally, they are doing a wonderful job, but in-between takes Tom likes to stay in character and is constantly talking to himself and mumbling things.”

“Charlize has tried to talk to him during breaks in filming but he shuts himself off from the rest of the cast. She has the ability to switch off when she’s not filming, and can immediately turn into her character as soon the camera’s rolling. However, he prefers to isolate himself and Charlize thinks he’s a weirdo! But I don’t think that bothers him, he just does his own thing,” the source revealed.

The image of Charlize Theron trying to be friendly and being rebuked because Tom Hardy Is Mad Max is hilarious to me.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Neo Rasa posted:

(like say the Guernica scene in 2019 that Zach Snyder homages in Children of Men since 2019 and the Children of Men novel have the same premise and are from around the same time period, I think 2019 might have even come first)

Just to correct you on this little mistake: Alfonso Cuaron did Children of Men, not Zack Snyder.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I fully recommend watching Mad Max with subtitles on - there's a lot of hard to hear slang and it's really weird seeing 'SPROOOOOG' transcribed

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

well why not posted:

I fully recommend watching Mad Max with subtitles on - there's a lot of hard to hear slang and it's really weird seeing 'SPROOOOOG' transcribed

My Canadian wife didn't believe "hoon" was a real word until I showed her Mad Max.

This is going to be awesome, the photos look very Beyond Thunderdome-ish and that's clearly the best movie of the trilogy so I'm happy. I'm only worried that it'll bomb and we won't get a sequel :ohdear:

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

I've never met anyone that liked Thunderdome better than Road Warrior, you crazy.

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005
Thunderdome has more written about it since the idea of Auntie and Master Blaster are supposed to represent an overworld/underworld dichotomy from something like Greek myth. Personally I find it to be a great movie, but a little too twee and "safe" compared to the violence in the first two movies. The protagonists never felt in danger during the end chase in Thunderdome, versus anyone being fair game for a horrible death during the Road Warrior.

Also, The Road Warrior is a much better title than Mad Max 2.

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe

Ho Chi Mint posted:

Thunderdome has more written about it since the idea of Auntie and Master Blaster are supposed to represent an overworld/underworld dichotomy from something like Greek myth. Personally I find it to be a great movie, but a little too twee and "safe" compared to the violence in the first two movies. The protagonists never felt in danger during the end chase in Thunderdome, versus anyone being fair game for a horrible death during the Road Warrior.

Also, The Road Warrior is a much better title than Mad Max 2.

I actually watched them all the other night, and that is my main problem with Thunderdome. For the most part it's fine and kind of a natural continuation of the series, but a little tonally uneven. The most glaring bit is the big chase at the end. What should be the tensest part of the movie is instead turned into a slap stick routine.

I mean I can understand why that happened. A big budget (especially compared to the previous films), hard R action movie is a pretty rough sell when half the cast consists of pre-teens. I wouldn't be surprised to find out their options were either tone it down or don't make it.

EDIT: And I wish Tina Turner had more screen time because I think she's great in it. "We make a hell of a pair soldier", before she jumps into the car and burns off into the desert is such a great closing moment for her character. And if you don't feel for her during the "Who run Barter Town" scene then you don't have a soul.

girth brooks part 2 fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Mar 21, 2013

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

I found Beyond Thunderdome really boring, which is beyond criminal for a Mad Max movie, but it's been a long time since I've watched it.

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe
The first half is great in my opinion. Once the Lost Boys are introduced it kind of starts to drag a little because there's no real danger anymore. Even when there is it doesn't feel like it. It's obvious that nothing bad will really happen, so there's no real tension. I think the worse that happens to one of the 'good guys' is a spear to the leg during the climax, which gets played for laughs.

Again I don't know how you'd realistically fix this with out rewriting the entire second half of the movie. No one in their right mind would fund an action movie where the final act involves the whole sale slaughter of a bunch of children by a horde of pig-poo poo crazed wasteland capitalists.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Jonny Retro posted:

The first half is great in my opinion. Once the Lost Boys are introduced it kind of starts to drag a little because there's no real danger anymore. Even when there is it doesn't feel like it. It's obvious that nothing bad will really happen, so there's no real tension. I think the worse that happens to one of the 'good guys' is a spear to the leg during the climax, which gets played for laughs.

Again I don't know how you'd realistically fix this with out rewriting the entire second half of the movie. No one in their right mind would fund an action movie where the final act involves the whole sale slaughter of a bunch of children by a horde of pig-poo poo crazed wasteland capitalists.

Yeah Beyond Thunderdome was all over the place and ultimately felt like it went nowhere to me. Meanwhile it feels like everyone has been steadily trying and failing to remake The Road Warrior for 30 years.

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer
What puts Thunderdome at the top for me is the scope of it, and the huge crazy lived-in world that they came up with. I'm not normally a fan of stories that disappear up their own arse with world-building (hello, Chronicles of Riddick) but with Thunderdome I think they got the mix of story and setting exactly right.

Also, the part with the kids is basically a gigantic homage to Riddley Walker* which is one of my favourite books. I know that part drags for a lot of people but I loved it, and I never fail to get choked up at the end where they're lighting all those cargo-cultish fires in ruined Sydney so they look like city lights.

The other thing is that it dials way back on that "shoot slow then speed up the footage so it looks like they're going really fast" thing the first two films did, which I really don't like because it looks silly and gives me The Gods Must Be Crazy flashbacks.

*I don't know if it was intentional or not but there are enough little details to make me think it was

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Road Warrior is my favorite remake of Seven Samurai (Magnificent Seven sucked)

There are even seven guys in the tanker convoy against the bandit horde.

It captures the "few against innumerable" feeling, and something M7 failed to do, it perfectly captures the "we got hosed over by the people we saved" feeling at the end.

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Mar 21, 2013

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Today I learned that George Miller was responsible for creating Mad Max and that he is making a sequel starring Tom Hardy as Mad Max

I, I, I gotta sit down, that is just too much awesome distilled into one sitting for me, 2014 is going to be an amazing year :flashfap:

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

What the hell, I'll just eat some trash.

Steve Yun posted:

Road Warrior is my favorite remake of Seven Samurai (Magnificent Seven sucked)

There are even seven guys in the tanker convoy against the bandit horde.

This is literally the only connection between the two films.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Oh, come on. Bandits threatening to raid a poor village for their resources, wandering warrior stumbles across them, puts together a team and a battle plan, sacrifices everything to save the villagers and then finds himself screwed over in the end? Okay, "remake" may have been the wrong word, but there's definitely some inspiration there.

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

Steve Yun posted:

Oh, come on. Bandits threatening to raid a poor village for their resources, wandering warrior stumbles across them, puts together a team and a battle plan, sacrifices everything to save the villagers and then finds himself screwed over in the end? Okay, "remake" may have been the wrong word, but there's definitely some inspiration there.

Minus the putting together a team and a battle plan bit, which doesn't happen in The Road Warrior, Pappagallo puts together the plan, those are all hallmarks of the westerns that Seven Samurai was inspired by. I think it's way more Shane than it is Seven Samurai, down to the interactions with the kid.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Okay, okay, I'll concede on that point.

Road Warrior has IMO the best car crash in movie history.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbKrKrsFWzc

The Humungus' jeep completely disintegrates from the impact. So satisfyingly powerful.

For the longest time I thought the Humungus' body was unseen in the crash and meant for the audience to assume he was liquefied, but upon recent viewings I see that they actually put a mannequin in the jeep for the crash and it sort of flops around on top of the hood of the truck for a bit before sliding off the left side. I kind of wish it wasn't there.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

I just watched The Road Warrior again last night. Masterpiece. The final chase sequence is so elaborately laid-out and told that it's just amazing. You constantly get a sense that Max is completely screwed--there's no way out of this one no matter how many die!--and yet it keeps going, with Max dueling an army of these animals. The final crash is therefore doubly amazing.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
I just watched that Humongous crash clip again and noticed for the first time that when his buggy explodes you can see that all of the other cars behind the truck are stationary and there are people just sort of standing around. I'm sure it was for safety reasons or something but I wish I hadn't seen that.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

...of SCIENCE! posted:

loving hell yes.

Toecutter is one of the coolest looking villains ever, and that's including all of the other awesome bad guys in the Mad Max series.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Yodzilla posted:

I just watched that Humongous crash clip again and noticed for the first time that when his buggy explodes you can see that all of the other cars behind the truck are stationary and there are people just sort of standing around. I'm sure it was for safety reasons or something but I wish I hadn't seen that.

Want your immersion spoiled on the Toecutter crash clip? Watch it closely. The semi truck they got for the crash was rented or something, so they didn't want to damage it in the scene. So, they build a huge metal panel and painted it the same colour as the front of the truck for the bike to harmlessly crash into. The first bit of the clip clearly shows the semi truck bearing down on the camera. Then it cuts to the Toecutter's eyes popping out, then back to the truck--but this time it's the metal panel painted to look like the front of the truck. The lights are clearly painted on. In the scene from the side you can even see space between the metal panel and the truck, where it's hooked on. (Movie magic!)

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

Steve Yun posted:

Road Warrior has IMO the best car crash in movie history.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbKrKrsFWzc

The Humungus' jeep completely disintegrates from the impact. So satisfyingly powerful.

The other one that always gets me is when the car flips and that poor guy goes sailing through the air towards the camera.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

One that gets me in the original Mad Max is when Max causes some of the bikers to wipe out going over that small bridge. One of the guys falls head first and then while still sliding down the road it seriously looks like his head gets displaced for a second as one of the bikes collides with him, though according to the commentary he was fine. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uk6oux_5w_g#t=1m33

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Ho Chi Mint posted:

This one is less subtle because he is pampering a potted plant and his name (or nickname, no one seems to actually have a name in the Mad Max films) is FiFi.

• Locked thread