Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
I don't care as long as the 'complete/extrnded edition' has a few hours of behind the scenes like the LOTR EE's. An hour+ long segment on making cars and such would be glorious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

I want to see detailed build features on every vehicle. Especially the War Rig.

Also, Tom Hardy giggling and going "It was scary!" over and over was funny as hell. The more I get to know about him the more I want to hang out and drink beers with him.

e: Holy poo poo, Nux and the Haynes Manual at the end.

CroatianAlzheimers fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Aug 28, 2015

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Miller literally said what I've been saying about how the movie is done: "Usually you have the talking bits and the action bits. In this one, they're happening together."

Edit: poo poo, even Morsov doing his jump was real.

chitoryu12 fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Aug 28, 2015

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

That made me laugh my rear end off

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

CeeJee posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKAHGwCyamc

The BTS feature from the Bluray (which you all of course will buy) is as amazing as the movie. The War Rig crash is incredible as is George Miller's reaction when he forgot the Nux in the cabin was a dummy and thought it was the stunt driver who got crushed. He really is the sweetest man there is.
One great touch of effective CGI is how they changed the War Rig's tyres so in the crash one of the front wheels showed the damage taken from the caltrops earlier.

Pro click right here, I love how methodical and meticulous George is while remaining so outwardly calm and collected. Dude's the definition of "crazy genius" when it comes to his movies, my jaw dropped when he got to the polecats scenes. I'm still dumbfounded at how much of that movie is REAL.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Also the use of super realistic dummies so you don't need to CG in people everywhere. Even the guys hanging off the Big Foot during the jump were just dummies that were rotoscoped to look less like they were being bashed around on impact.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

chitoryu12 posted:

Also the use of super realistic dummies so you don't need to CG in people everywhere. Even the guys hanging off the Big Foot during the jump were just dummies that were rotoscoped to look less like they were being bashed around on impact.

And by touching up something with physicality to it instead of adding in a bouncing computer cartoon whole cloth, the audience is made to wonder how many stuntmen died to bring us this spectacle.

I hope George Miller gets tons more action movie work, with some creative freedom.

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

we who wander this Wasteland in search of our better selves?
I knew the end crash was largely practical, but I figured a lot of the flying crap had been roto'd in. Holy poo poo.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
I'm kind of glad that Fury Road took so long to get made. The CGI that's there, which we mostly don't notice, might not have been so seamless if it'd been done 10 years ago, and definitely wouldn't have been 15 years ago.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Also I love all the footage of them practicing the stunts. Some of the video seriously looks like it was made 10 years ago.

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
Was this video showcasing some of the cars linked here already? I know next to nothing about cars but this video (and Mad Max in general) makes me wish I did. :stwoon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9L67BiENzYs

starry skies above
Aug 23, 2015

by zen death robot
Thank God for this thread. It makes me feel not guilty about seeing the film 5 times in theaters and re-watching numerous scenes on youtube. :)

My brother made fun of me for being obsessed with it.

I do wonder if we would have gotten as excellent a film if it wasn't for all those delays. I hope George Miller and WB don't rush the next the one. Take your sweet time, you magnificent bastards.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo, I just realized that when people say "I don't get it, who put Immortan Joe in charge?" you can point them to Babe 2 for George Miller's depiction of how great deeds and charisma can cause a population to idolize someone.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
IDGI, who put Hitler in charge?

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Babe saves the life of a pit bull, who then becomes him enforcer and makes all the other animals do what babe says. The y accept Babe as their great savior and he is the one who rations out their limited food supply. Also I think Babe delivers them to freedom at the end of the movie.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Snak posted:

Babe saves the life of a pit bull, who then becomes him enforcer and makes all the other animals do what babe says. The y accept Babe as their great savior and he is the one who rations out their limited food supply. Also I think Babe delivers them to freedom at the end of the movie.

Do the Babe films take place in the same canon as Mad Max?

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

chitoryu12 posted:

I actually have reached out to George Miller more than once to ask him if the animal revolution leads to the societal breakdown in Mad Max along with the latent respect/restraint of pigs seen in Thunderdome. Never got an answer though. :question:

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot

chitoryu12 posted:

Two legs baa'd, four wheels good.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

rejutka posted:

Two legs baa'd, four wheels good.

For what it's worth, I fully believe the 1999 Animal Farm takes place in the same universe as Babe and Babe 2.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

That video on the cars makes me realize how loving huge the Gigahorse is. You often see it in the film from perspectives in and around the cabin, not really people standing next to it with exhaust pipes they can stick their heads in.

Also never noticed Immortan Joe's symbol on the pipes either, or that the Razor Cola had it made from an actual skull.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
You mostly see the Gigahorse next to big rigs, so yeah.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
"Just because it's a wasteland, doesn't mean that things can't be loved'.

Great quote.

E: the bigfoot is covered in cast metal doll heads. Holy poo poo there's so much I didn't notice.

thespaceinvader fucked around with this message at 10:02 on Aug 30, 2015

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

I want to see detailed build features on every vehicle. Especially the War Rig.

Also, Tom Hardy giggling and going "It was scary!" over and over was funny as hell. The more I get to know about him the more I want to hang out and drink beers with him.

"Installation is opposite of removal."

Yeah... about that...

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Is there any word on US-specific retailer exclusive steelbooks (Best Buy, Target, etc)?

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

we who wander this Wasteland in search of our better selves?

chitoryu12 posted:

That video on the cars makes me realize how loving huge the Gigahorse is. You often see it in the film from perspectives in and around the cabin, not really people standing next to it with exhaust pipes they can stick their heads in.

Also never noticed Immortan Joe's symbol on the pipes either, or that the Razor Cola had it made from an actual skull.

I lost it at the chased flames on the end of Nux's exhaust pipes.

Kerrow
Mar 18, 2011

ZERO-G HERO
saw this in awesome AI thread

:perfect:

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

I love the Gigahorse being represented by a real horse.

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Kerrow posted:

Holy poo poo, that is some amazing work. :perfect:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

thespaceinvader posted:

"Just because it's a wasteland, doesn't mean that things can't be loved'.

I think more post-apocalyptic fiction needs to take this approach. Another way they put it is that in a world where everyone has so little, they would cherish the tiniest bits of beauty they could find.

In case anyone hasn't seen it yet, this is 70 minutes of gameplay for the approaching Mad Max game (set for release tomorrow). I believe it's set immediately before Fury Road and includes some areas from the film like Gastown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSeudN-hpgk

Battle Rockers
Aug 3, 2008

i wanna witness ur slit

Xenomrph posted:

Is there any word on US-specific retailer exclusive steelbooks (Best Buy, Target, etc)?

The only one I'm aware of is from Best Buy.

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Mad-Max-Fury-Road-Blu-ray/137015/

Apparently Target's exclusive will be a couple of the tie-in comics but shrunk down to Blu-ray case size. Seems pretty :mediocre:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

SalTheBard posted:

Haha the little comedy bit at the end with Nux was great. Thanks for posting that video it was amazing.

Full blooper reel please

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Capn Beeb posted:

Full blooper reel please

20 minute compilation of Tom Hardy screaming in terror during the polecat stunts.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
1 hour of Tom Hardy's adorable giggles as he recounts almost dying. :3:

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Tom Hardy chat... Does anyone else think his new movie Legend actually looks really terrible?

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Kerrow posted:

Holy poo poo this owns.

Better version here with credit: http://fuckyeahmadmax.tumblr.com/image/127669023506

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Snak posted:

Tom Hardy chat... Does anyone else think his new movie Legend actually looks really terrible?

Hey, at least it will be a lot harder to claim Tom Hardy wasn't getting enough lines/screen time.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Otisburg posted:

Hey, at least it will be a lot harder to claim Tom Hardy wasn't getting enough lines/screen time.

Watch when he still doesn't because the movie is mostly other characters talking to and about his characters. I mean, I hope it's good. I like Tom Hardy a lot, but a trailer is supposed to make a film look good, and if that's the best clips they could scrape together to try to market this thing... eesh.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Battle Rockers posted:

The only one I'm aware of is from Best Buy.

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Mad-Max-Fury-Road-Blu-ray/137015/

Apparently Target's exclusive will be a couple of the tie-in comics but shrunk down to Blu-ray case size. Seems pretty :mediocre:

From the whole blu-ray deal it sounds like WB will be milking things. I think I'm going to wait for the Special Edition with the black & white version of the film. I wonder if they'll put commentary on that version too.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Actually good fan film, sponsored by WB Games to help advertise for the Mad Max game coming out soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qCj2Z_mph0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Snak posted:

I think it looks pretty interesting and I will always support Tom Hardy getting more film roles :shobon:

• Locked thread