Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I fully recommend watching Mad Max with subtitles on - there's a lot of hard to hear slang and it's really weird seeing 'SPROOOOOG' transcribed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Nope. Dude's channel was originally a pretty funny gimmick when it was like 2-4 minute videos that pointed out really egregious poo poo in very bad movies.

For some reason he went to a 15-50 minute format and it's literally all poo poo like you saw above, and people love him and he does guest spots on other channels/podcasts. It's loving inexplicable.

Youtube rewards longer videos.

Nessus posted:

Isn't most Australian cinema about sad poor Australians suffering and dying in the middle of nowhere? Which doesn't even sound all that different from Mad Max, really.

Often yes. Short films normally centre around middle aged men dealing with the loss of their wives, or alcoholism. We also have a few oddball comedies and some pretty good psychological/horror films.

As a country, we've also claimed Fury Road as our collective work. NZ can keep LOTR.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

We don't give a gently caress.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I'd thought that Guzzoline was water, but now I'm not so sure.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Guzzoline is absolutely not water it is a play on how Aussies say 'gasoline'

I'm Australian, we don't say gasoline or guzzoline.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

If Vietnam, Watergate & September 11 were game-changers for culture, one has to worry about what will be dramatic enough to curb people's enthusiasm for Superhero cinema.

I actually doubt it will, at least entirely. The machine is running so smoothly now, it's hooking kids young. The only thing that compares is Star Wars and that hasn't been out of the cultural mindset for more than a minute since the 1970s.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

If you have a copy that'll play in VLC:

In VLC open Effects and Filters (Ctrl+E), on the Video effects tab, Basic section: slide down the saturation.

It's really fun to try various films this way.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

twenty bucks tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

twenty bucks tho

• Locked thread