Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meaty Ore
Dec 17, 2011

My God, it's full of cat pictures!

VoodooXT posted:

Whoa, I've never heard this. If that were true, Goose really worked out since getting out of the ER.

Just wait'll you see what miracles the doctors pulled reviving Mrs. Rockatansky. :unsmigghh:

Anyways, glad to see this new movie finally getting off the ground, after having heard it getting kicked around for years. Hopefully it'll be well worth the wait. That said, I really ought to get the blu-ray collection; I've never seen Beyond Thunderdome and feel as though I should, even if it really isn't as good as the previous two.

Meaty Ore fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Mar 16, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meaty Ore
Dec 17, 2011

Blind Sally posted:

W/r/t the Humungus=Goose thing, it was my understanding that it came from an early draft of the script that was eventually dropped. A few hints remain that could really be taken either way. There's nothing concrete:
-The Humungus's revolver case contains medals and a picture of some people, presumably a family heirloom, suggesting that he wasn't always such a cretin the Ayatollah of Rock'n'Rolla.
-Close ups of his head show that he may have burn scars. Goose never died in Mad Max, but he did suffer some horrific 3rd degree burns.
-There are a large number of people who seem to be wearing modified MFP uniforms in the gang, suggesting that Goose rounded up some disgruntled cops to go with him.
-Also, The Humungus and Max never really meet, so we never get a chance to see if either recognize each other.

I watched this a couple weeks ago and noted that when Max abandons the survivalists after delivering the rig, Humungus says something like "I'm very disappointed in you, buddy" as Max drives past. Not sure about the last word in that line; it was a little indistinct. But it would give further evidence of his being Goose, if I heard the line correctly.

Meaty Ore
Dec 17, 2011

Neo Rasa posted:

Didn't they say this was filmed like Dredd wherein it's mostly practical stuff but they have to spend a huge amount of time fixing stuff like lighting continuity, hiding stunt stuff, etc.? The long post production would make sense then. I can still hope.

Honestly? I didn't care about the incredibly obvious painted truck front in the first Mad Max and didn't care about the extras standing around while Humungus made his final charge. If stuff like that continues to get through in a new Mad Max movie, I probably won't care. Gimme my movie already, George.

• Locked thread