Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
objects in mirror
Apr 9, 2016

by Shine
Miller is in a very enviable position right now. "Fury Road" was adored by people who love cinema, including film makers, actors and critics, in addition to being commercially successful.

I can absolutely respect Miller wanting to take advantage of this period to do whatever dream project he wants to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

objects in mirror
Apr 9, 2016

by Shine

Paragon8 posted:

I think once it got rolling Fury Road was given carte blanche. It had a reported production budget of at least 150 million I think.

What would be difficult to replicate is the 10 years or so of pre-production of Fury Road.

A very good point that people gloss over. It's possible (nay, likely) that Fury Road was so astounding because of all the time that the director and his behind the camera crew had in coming up with ideas and fine tuning them. Miller has been hinting that any follow up to Fury Road would come from excess material he and his writing partner came up with while writing Fury Road, which just screams "lesser material" for some reason else why not make that the basis of the movie they were making?

objects in mirror
Apr 9, 2016

by Shine
Also it's been one year since Fury Road came out. Finally ordered the blu-ray through Amazon for $12.

objects in mirror
Apr 9, 2016

by Shine
Also am I wrong in saying that Junkie XL's score was really underrated? There were a lot of cool moments in this film that were all the more emotionally effective because of the score -- I'm thinking "Brother's in arms" playing during the motorcycle scene, the melodic section of "Storm is coming" accompanying key moments in Nux's journey, and "Let them up" playing as the returned group is accepted back into the Citadel. All these moments are very emotional but all the more gripping because the score is loving fantastic. Also the movie came out over a year ago and we're still geeking out about it.

objects in mirror
Apr 9, 2016

by Shine
Finally watched the Blu Ray, and it held my interest, this being my 6th viewing. One detail I finally noticed: Max gets Nux a replacement boot.

• Locked thread