Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«13 »
EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

http://globalgrind.com/news/lil-way...seizures-photos

quote:

Lil Wayne is in ICU in critical condition after suffering yet another seizure, and we're told it doesn't look good ... TMZ has learned.

We broke the story ... the 30-year-old rapper was rushed to Cedars-Sinai Hospital in L.A. Tuesday night after suffering multiple seizures. He was released Wednesday but just hours later one of his bodyguards found him in his room, on the floor and unconscious.

Wayne was rushed to the hospital again, but this time he did not stabilize. He was taken to ICU, where he was placed in restraints because he was shaking uncontrollably.

We're told Wayne is currently "unstable," and has been placed in an induced coma. He is breathing through tubes.

We're told several people are at Wayne's bedside crying, and a number of rap artists and family members are on the way. Sources say the scene is violent as Wayne shakes uncontrollably.

Sources say there's evidence Wayne went on a Sizzurp binge after being released Wednesday, because doctors found high amounts of codeine in his system.

We're told Wanye's stomach was pumped 3 times to flush the drugs from his system.

His entourage started tweeting that TMZ's report was fake:

But then TMZ followed up saying that his mom was being flown in to decide whether or not to continue life support.

This reminds me of Anna Nicole Smith's 8-hour drawn out media death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster

He was just doing the Harlem Shake and someone took it the wrong way.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Title had me thinking that he was betting on some high-stakes basketball or something.

Megaman
May 8, 2004
I didn't read the thread BUT...

What is sizzurp you ask?

Sizzurp is an addictive concoction that gets the user high, made by combining prescription-strength cough syrup with sugary sodas like Mountain Dew or Coca-Cola, to which hard candies like Jolly Ranchers are added for more flavor. It's typically sipped out of Styrofoam cups.

Apparently Lil Wayne is still 4 years old.

Prof. Moriarty
Dec 6, 2003
Not the regular Professor Moriarty, the hologram Professor Moriarty where the holodeck malfunctioned and he created the whole fake hologram enterprise and fooled the Captain. Oh, and he tried to escape with his girlfriend once, but he was foiled.

Megaman posted:

What is sizzurp you ask?

Sizzurp is an addictive concoction that gets the user high, made by combining prescription-strength cough syrup with sugary sodas like Mountain Dew or Coca-Cola, to which hard candies like Jolly Ranchers are added for more flavor. It's typically sipped out of Styrofoam cups.

Why can't people just stick to natural, cleanly processed highs like jenkem

Poppleganger
Jul 29, 2004
AR$E

Megaman posted:

Then this is even more tragic.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I'd buy that for a dollar!

the posted:

He was just doing the Harlem Shake and someone took it the wrong way.

This is probably where the confusion came from. Harlem Shake is so dead.

Sierra Nevadan
Nov 1, 2010

Here, have some hantavirus

Megaman
May 8, 2004

Prof. Moriarty posted:

Why can't people just stick to natural, cleanly processed highs like jenkem

Because poop doesn't contain mountain dew or jolly ranchers

Harald
Jul 9, 2009

This space reserved for future text.

Megaman posted:

Because poop doesn't contain mountain dew or jolly ranchers
Mine does.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

It's me, It's me, It's DDP!!

"Lil Wayne Dead After Overdosing on Jenkem" would have to be pretty high up there on the hilarious celebrity death-o-meter.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

That could be anybody with access to his phone. Which is probably anybody in his posse.

C.C.C.P.
Aug 26, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Megaman posted:

Weezy Fuckin' Toddler.

Megaman
May 8, 2004

C.C.C.P. posted:

Weezy Fuckin' Toddler.

I mean seriously, doesn't he have enough money to buy real drugs? What a low grade vegetable.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
MOLD INFESTED!

Ladies and spoons, this goon is stuck in an apartment full of black mold and roaches, but needs your help to escape this hell.

Read more here.

Change that one guy's forums name to WEEZY SHAKE A LOT

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Ur welcm lil wanye we luv u xx bb tittys

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

Megaman posted:

What is sizzurp you ask?

I didnt have to ask because I'm not a fat white nerd.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

Normally opiates don't cause seizures at all. They just depress your system until you stop breathing or your heart stops. However codeine is weird. It's not very strong, but I want to say I heard it behaves weirdly in your system once you reach the ceiling dose and your body can only metabolize so much so quickly. Also, codeine syrup usually has large amounts of promethazine, a first generation anti-histamine, but I wouldn't think it would cause seizures either. Either way, bad stuff happens when you abuse drugs too much. I'm just curious what happened.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Jeff Goldblum is also reportedly in the same hospital breathing through a tube after snorting several pixie sticks.

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

The snowflake button makes it
cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

Megaman posted:

I mean seriously, doesn't he have enough money to buy real drugs? What a low grade vegetable.

He's a brilliant musician but he's lived a hard life and probably uses the cough syrup for its disassociation properties. It's not really about money.

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

BlazinLow305 posted:

Normally opiates don't cause seizures at all. They just depress your system until you stop breathing or your heart stops. However codeine is weird. It's not very strong, but I want to say I heard it behaves weirdly in your system once you reach the ceiling dose and your body can only metabolize so much so quickly. Also, codeine syrup usually has large amounts of promethazine, a first generation anti-histamine, but I wouldn't think it would cause seizures either. Either way, bad stuff happens when you abuse drugs too much. I'm just curious what happened.

I think Syracuse won.

Paint-Drinking Pete
Apr 9, 2009

Hockles posted:

That could be anybody with access to his phone. Which is probably anybody in his posse.

Obviously he's dead and his posse is pulling a Weekend at Bernie's in order to keep their free ride going.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Omnicarus posted:

Jeff Goldblum is also reportedly in the same hospital breathing through a tube after snorting several pixie sticks.

Are you watching Independence Day on Spike TV too?

Lars Blitzer
Aug 17, 2004

He drinks a Whiskey drink, he drinks a Vodka drink
He drinks a Lager drink, he drinks a Cider drink...

Dick Tracy's number one fan.

Enderzero posted:

He's a brilliant musician but he's lived a hard life and probably uses the cough syrup for its disassociation properties. It's not really about money.

Well surely there's an opiate or similar depressive that doesn't have the nasty side effects or could be metered out in measured doses? What are his options?

BlazinLow305 posted:

Just for the record, you are thinking of robotussin, the OTC syrup which causes disassociation. The "purple drink" references the codeine/promethazine mixture, which is just a really weak opiate mixed with a strong anti-histamine. So most of the effects you get from it are benadryl-like. I never understood the allure.

Probably for the street cred is my guess. No matter how lovely the high, if it's new and he heard people talking about it then he's almost obligated to give it a whirl.

\/\/\/Goddammit, I just had to post this quickly, didn't I?

the runs formula
Feb 23, 2013

by Lowtax

Secret jizz formula aka soylent will only save him

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

Enderzero posted:

Just for the record, you are thinking of robotussin, the OTC syrup which causes disassociation. The "purple drink" references the codeine/promethazine mixture, which is just a really weak opiate mixed with a strong anti-histamine. So most of the effects you get from it are benadryl-like. I never understood the allure.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Paint-Drinking Pete posted:

Obviously he's dead and his posse is pulling a Weekend at Bernie's in order to keep their free ride going.

It's about time that movie got remade anyway. What with all the other remakes happening.

Priapus
Feb 17, 2007
I AM LITERALLY AND I MEAN LITERALLY A STUPID NAIVE SHELTERED IGNORANT DENSE AS FUCK WASTE OF SPACE. PLEASE IGNORE ANYTHING I SAY AS THEY ARE THE RAMBLINGS OF A DELUSIONAL FUCKWAD PS MY DICK IS VERY SMALL AND I PROBABLY HAVE NEVER USED IT im so very retarded

BlazinLow305 posted:

Doubt it, Lil Wanye went on a sizzurp binge and is now good.

Megaman
May 8, 2004

Enderzero posted:

This is funny not because this is sarcasm, but because he's not a musician, he can't play an instrument, he doesn't even sing, he talks over music not even made by him.

He also spells thanks "thx"

OKJEFF4
Dec 25, 2004
I got into a motorcycle fight with a ninja and won.

BlazinLow305 posted:

I never understood the allure.

The high is actually pretty strong if you sip on it for long enough. I am not a fan of it, but junkies are everywhere. The high comes on in waves, unlike heroin or morphine, which comes on all at once.

The problem I have with this story is that codeine does not cause seizures. Tramadol does, which is why ODB is dead. I am willing to bet he has been taking a benzo. A lot of drugs cause seizures. Opiates don't.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, if he's epileptic, wouldn't the stress of pumping his stomach several times be really bad? It's a thoroughly unpleasant experience.

ghetto wormhole
Sep 15, 2008

DeepDickPizza posted:

"Lil Wayne Dead After Overdosing on Jenkem" would have to be pretty high up there on the hilarious celebrity death-o-meter.

I absolutely love that Wikipedia still has a well sourced article on Jenkem despite the fact that no one in the entire history of man has ever actually reported getting high on sewage fumes. It's real because unnamed Zambians said so!

Young Freud
Nov 25, 2006

Omnicarus posted:

He really should lay off from the Super Cool.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

Megaman posted:

This is funny not because this is sarcasm, but because he's not a musician, he can't play an instrument, he doesn't even sing, he talks over music not even made by him.

Nah - he could have been the next Prince:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBM1LCZKkQg

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

OKJEFF4 posted:

The problem I have with this story is that codeine does not cause seizures. Tramadol does, which is why ODB is dead. I am willing to bet he has been taking a benzo. A lot of drugs cause seizures. Opiates don't.

Promethazine can though.

Megaman
May 8, 2004

EugeneJ posted:

Nah - he could have been the next Prince:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBM1LCZKkQg

That was the craziest solo I've ever seen

keiran_helcyan
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.

BlazinLow305 posted:

To further clarify Robitussin by itself refers to a product containing the expectorant Guaifenesin. This will not get anyone high. However, certain forms of Robitussin such as "Robitussin DM" also contain the chemical Dextromethorphan which at very high doses can cause dissociative effects.

I'm pretty sceptical that codeine would cause seizures. It's likely some other drug mixed in with the codeine that caused them. High doses of stimulants can occasionally cause seizures. More commonly rapid withdrawl from long-term abuse of CNS depressants such as benzodiazepines or ethanol can cause seizures.

Most likely I'd guess there was some form of anticholinergic in the cough mix that he severely OD'd on. Such as promethazine or diphenhydramine.

the Bunt
Sep 24, 2007

YOUR GOLDEN MAGNETIC LIGHT

Megaman posted:

That was the craziest solo I've ever seen

he's better than this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MI-_jWAmlE

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

OKJEFF4 posted:

The high is actually pretty strong if you sip on it for long enough. I am not a fan of it, but junkies are everywhere. The high comes on in waves, unlike heroin or morphine, which comes on all at once.

Also, if he's epileptic, wouldn't the stress of pumping his stomach several times be really bad? It's a thoroughly unpleasant experience.

I'm not trying to start an argument or say you're wrong, because for the normal person you'd be right. But anyone who takes any opiate on any kind of regular basis isn't going to feel poo poo from codeine and I'd assume Lil Wayne has some tolerance. Also it's an issue with dose ratio. There's more promethazine than codeine per dose, so by the time you start doing enough to feel the codeine(assuming you can) the promethazine is already loving you all up.

C.C.C.P.
Aug 26, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Isn't like America the only country or one of the only countries to require a prescription for codeine? This is only a few steps above getting blitzed on Ny-Qil. Codeine is My First Opiate by Playskool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

The snowflake button makes it
cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

BlazinLow305 posted:

My bad, I didn't know there was multiple types of cough syrup you can get hosed up on. I took the varying ingredients as indication there was just one type of high that varied based on the particular drug ratios. I still think he is using this and other things seeking oblivion, though. He's a messed up guy, hope he gets it together.

«13 »