Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
I remember watching this but not whether I saw it in a theater or at home or what 90% of the plot is about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

McDowell posted:

The movie is Corporate Brainwashing for kids (if you don't work to death for the rest of your life nature will collapse), so I'm not surprised there are plenty of bought-out positive reviews.

No, the metaphor is very strained if you apply that to people. At best, the real metaphor is that there's a natural order to things and that humanity knows how to best control nature.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

precision posted:

I don't even want to know how one becomes so bitter as to hate Happy Feet. Movie is awesome.

It was billed as a "light hearted talking penguins movie" and veers pretty sharply into an environmental message near the end.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Macaluso posted:

Where in the world is this screenshot from? There's definitely not a scene like that in the movie.

I thought that shot was from the end of the movie.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Piss Kingpin posted:

I haven't seen "8 Crazy Nights," since 2002 when I worked at a movie theater. I'm kinda tempted to revisit it for this thread, because I remember it being incredibly G-d awful

It has one of the more memorable lines from a movie, at least for me.

"Jokes on you, I can't read!"

• Locked thread