Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Is the table site down for anyone else?

Also just did the guts quest. I mentioned last thread I have a crippling fear of video game water enemies so that sure was fun :v:

This game is going to get tough for you very quickly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Funkmaster General posted:

This game is going to get tough for you very quickly.

Oh I'm sure it is; and I'm sure lagicrus is probably small time or something :shobon:

commander nojj
Feb 9, 2007
the one and only

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Is the table site down for anyone else?

Also just did the guts quest. I mentioned last thread I have a crippling fear of video game water enemies so that sure was fun :v:

yeah the site is not cooperating with me at the moment, :\ all this wasted time I could just restart and make sure the wifi switch is off this time...

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Oh I'm sure it is; and I'm sure lagicrus is probably small time or something :shobon:

Lagiacrus is middle of the line monster, on the high end of the scale. There are other aquatic enemies though :v:

Reginald Bathwater
Dec 19, 2009

MINE EYES CAN BUT WEEP AS THEY BEAR WITNESS TO THE MAJESTY... THE BFG 9000!
Scarier bitier ones.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Is... is that maple syrup. What is that for?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Jet Set Jettison posted:

Is... is that maple syrup. What is that for?

I though that was something for him to drink, which is a bad idea with the sleep aids. Looks too thin to be syrup. I'm going with it being for getting drunk.

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

WARNING: Temporal rift detected!
Almost finished 3-star, and wasted entirely too much time making and upgrading stuff that's way off my upgrade path, but hey, new stuff.

This game rules, but I suppose that was to be expected. The little upgrades add up awesomely. So many things that always just rubbed me the wrong way are either fixed or entirely excised.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm glad everybody's getting their copies (mostly) without issues. I just got the email from amazon that mine's shipped. :toot:

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!
I was hoping to get the download started this morning, but it doesn't look like it's up to download in North America quite yet. Ah well, I'll grab it when it comes.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Anyone playing on 3DS, here's a tip for you: If you aren't going to be using the 3D, go to the main game menu and choose options from there and turn 3D off. In case you didn't already know, the 3D slider just effects whether the screen displays the 3D effects or not, the game is still rendering them. This is what's causing the text to be so awful and blurry - it's rendering it twice for the 3D effect. If you turn this off in the main menu, everything clears right up and looks much crisper and nicer. Of course, this means you can't play in 3D if that's your thing.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

i am tim! posted:

I was hoping to get the download started this morning, but it doesn't look like it's up to download in North America quite yet. Ah well, I'll grab it when it comes.

Its supposed to be up at 9am PST, which is 12pm EST. I wonder how long this sucker will take. I've had no issue with downloading on the wu in the past, but I know some people have had HUGE slow downs with downloads.

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

if wishes were fishes fuck you this is my pie
Fuckin' a, I thought it was 9 am EST. Oh well.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Reoxygenation posted:

Fuckin' a, I thought it was 9 am EST. Oh well.

So did I. Motherfucker. I just want to hunt me some giant drat monsters before bed.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

The first load of DLC is up. There's some guild card backgrounds and hunter titles that I'm sure nobody cares about, plus also a quest to slay 20 bullfangos naked in the arena. The quest gives you a ticket that you can use to craft a lance that looks like a gunlance or a gunlance that looks like a trophy. Apparently this was the same as the first downloadable quest for tri? Pretty neat either way.

Bleep
Feb 7, 2004

Do your best, sexy wheely.

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!

Jet Set Jettison posted:

Its supposed to be up at 9am PST, which is 12pm EST. I wonder how long this sucker will take. I've had no issue with downloading on the wu in the past, but I know some people have had HUGE slow downs with downloads.

... Blargh! I wanted to at least try and get the download started before I left for work, but I start my shift 45 minutes before the drat thing goes on sale! I suppose I could have the Mrs. start the download when she gets home from work.

Thanks for the heads up!

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

i am tim! posted:

... Blargh! I wanted to at least try and get the download started before I left for work, but I start my shift 45 minutes before the drat thing goes on sale! I suppose I could have the Mrs. start the download when she gets home from work.

Thanks for the heads up!

You could try stopping by your local retailer and seeing if they have any physical copies.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Is the save transfer thing out? I'm still waiting for UPS to come but I figure doing the table thing would be much faster on 3DS and then just moving the save over.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!
So, I might end up having an extra physical copy I'll have no need for. I might not, depending on if a friend back home needs a copy or not, but it's possible. Would anyone be interested in it? I know most everyone in the thread probably has their copy already, or will soon, but a few people were on the fence and a free game might sway them. Well, by "free" I mean I'd be willing to trade it for Monster Hunter fanart or something. You know, if anyone was interested. If this is a bad place to post this, someone let me know and I'll move it wherever is better.

Dreamy Souffle
Feb 22, 2011

Just cause
I like my diamonds bright
ain't saying I'm wrong
or if it's right but baby
I haven't been wrong before

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

You're not the only one, I spent a good bit shrieking over Skype while my friends laughed at my misery when that quest came up in the original Tri. :shobon: For what it's worth, I've found that playing with others does help make the experience far less stressful, if that's an option. Either way, with time you'll find even Lagiacrus to be a chump.

When you're not damning the swimming controls or depth perception, anyway.

Highblood
May 20, 2012

Let's talk about tactics.
So I've never played Monster Hunter and a 3DS is all I have, there's nothing bad about the 3DS version right? I'm thinking of buying it as soon as it's available on the eShop.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Highblood posted:

So I've never played Monster Hunter and a 3DS is all I have, there's nothing bad about the 3DS version right? I'm thinking of buying it as soon as it's available on the eShop.

You'll be fine. The only difference between 3DS and Wii U is that 3DS has local multiplayer, and Wii U has upscaled graphics and online multiplayer (and even the 3DS can go online if you're playing locally with someone on Wii U). Performance on the 3DS is just as good as the Wii U version.

So I take it the transfer app will be available as soon as the 3DS eShop updates?

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Club Nintendo posted:

Error! This game or system has not yet been released. To register, please return after this game or system has been officially released. To find out this game or systems' official release date, visit https://www.nintendo.com.

Yeah, that's not right. It has been out for almost 11 hours here...

Highblood
May 20, 2012

Let's talk about tactics.
No online multiplayer kinda sucks though, I'm starting to have second thoughts. Perhaps I should just wait until I can afford a Wii U. Why doesn't it have it though? Is it not good enough for that?

ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Uh oh. What did he do now?

Nap Ghost

Highblood posted:

No online multiplayer kinda sucks though, I'm starting to have second thoughts. Perhaps I should just wait until I can afford a Wii U. Why doesn't it have it though? Is it not good enough for that?
Because Japan, basically. The theory is they haven't seen the need to add online multiplayer to the handheld games since they have such a high population density and everyone there plays the game.

It probably doesn't help that Nintendo itself is terrible about online multiplayer, so they probably didn't push the issue.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Also, Capcom makes weird rear end decisions that none of us fully understand.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Highblood posted:

It was more or less a 3DS launch title in Japan, so Wii U didn't exist as of yet. I could be wrong though.

I say still get it and convince your friends to get it in one form or another. You can transfer your character between versions (whenever the drat app is available to download). This is my first MonHun too.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Remember that the saves transfer, so when you put 100-200 hours into the 3DS version and love it, the expense of the Wii U system won't seem like much in a "dollars per hour" equation.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Anyone get some time in with this using the Circle Pad Pro XL? If so, how's it working for you compared to the virtual dpad.

UGG less than an hour till I can start downloading this. Wait is killing me.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Norns posted:

Anyone get some time in with this using the Circle Pad Pro XL? If so, how's it working for you compared to the virtual dpad.

UGG less than an hour till I can start downloading this. Wait is killing me.

I hate the very concept of time so much right now I wish I could spend the next 45 minutes beating it with a hammer made from its brother, Space, until it finally learned better than to make me wait on my drat Monster Hunter.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Amazon got my copy of MH3U here, so just have to pick that up. Sadly I don't have the Circle Pad Pro though, and the claw is dead on the 3DS.

Gonna be some tough monster hunter.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

There needs to be a checkbox I can check to say "I know how this works, make the elder shut up". I don't need to be told how the controls or the hunt system works, just let me start killing!

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Machai posted:

There needs to be a checkbox I can check to say "I know how this works, make the elder shut up". I don't need to be told how the controls or the hunt system works, just let me start killing!

Didn't earlier ones have a "Have you played monster hunter before?" question at creation?

Edoraz
Nov 20, 2007

Takin ova da world :cool:

RME posted:

Didn't earlier ones have a "Have you played monster hunter before?" question at creation?

P3rd asked what your favorite MH was between unite and tri. Then it still assaulted you with tutorials.

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica
In an attempt to buff up for MH3U, I have torn my shoulder, this is going to be a very hard and painful experience.

Vallens
Jan 27, 2004

Get back in line you drunken fool!
Live stream going up. Intending to play all day.

http://www.twitch.tv/vallens/new

Edit: Stream is down for now. Be back later.

Vallens fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Mar 19, 2013

Kooriken
Dec 27, 2012

This thread is beneath my talent, but I....shall elevate it.

Vallens posted:

Live stream going up. Intending to play all day.

http://www.twitch.tv/vallens/new

Oh, nice. I'll watch this as my copy downloads from the eshop.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Game is up on 3DS Eshop guys. America.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

C'mon, Wii U eShop, I gotta go to work soon. :(

• Locked thread