Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Rustshard weapons are really good. You should probably at least care about that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
I used my Epitaph Greatsword all the way to Alatreon in Tri. I'm sure each one will be able to compete in high end G Rank. I don't know if they've done significant changes to them to make them obsolete or anything but I remember every one I got being really good.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011

yellowcar posted:

Re: charm tables

Was this bullshit ever in Tri? Why would they make completely screwing you out of rust shards a thing?

Well you see Capcom blah blah blah they're bad

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
gently caress you Capcom goddamn

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
It's not the difficulty of it.

It's the sheer stupidity that we have to do it at all.

Fix your loving game Capcom you sacks.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
All the content is available regardless of whatever version you pick up.

As far as I'm aware anyway. The Wii U version is a port right?

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Monster hitboxes have made sense since Tri. If you get hit with Plesioth's hip check now you deserve to get hit.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
You can cut tails off in axe mode as well. As for why the color is different its probably because your new switch axe has a different elemental phial.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Break some mud off Barroth and look for a shiny drop when you do.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Uncharged R-X-X-X-X might be the most damaging but I'm not sure. I mean its 5 hits compared to 3 right?!?!?! Your positioning needs to be consistently good to land everything though.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
I wanna say you can get them through the single player fishing fleet. If you've only been doing multiplayer all I have to say is uh oh spaghetti-o's

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Cats are for scrubs.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011

Bussamove posted:

There's not much I like about Brachydios, but the obvious superiority of his weapons is by far the worst thing about him. When I can shave five minutes off HR Lagi going from his weakness to a slime weapon, something isn't right.

Brachydios owns bones Punchasaurus Rex.

If it makes you feel better if slime still exists in MH4 Capcom will overcorrect and nerf it into obsolescence.

Of course that just leaves room for them to make up something just as overpowered from that new Batman dragon.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Its good for procing status/element damage. Pressing X during a swing makes you do an alternate golf swing. If you're using a pure damage hammer there's not much reason to go for it though.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
There's some fine print on page 2 that says you must kill at least 2 Peco's and then you can let time expire.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
No you're just unlucky. Build up more luck.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Explosive Corn Syrup.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
If your positioning is good you can hit Peco's head with the standard vertical greatsword swing will its standing upright.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Don't feel too bad about it. You should be capturing Rathian/Rathalos/Lagiacrus almost every time since their rarest drop can't be carved from the main body anyway.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Try to do the quest again. If you still barely complete it I suggest just doing G Rank with other people. If you see some of the other quests the game pits you against you'll cry.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Yeah but what makes bow worse?

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
If the negative skill isn't active you incur no penalty, even at -9 or whatever.

The only time marginal points in skill stats matter is actually for elemental resistances. At least i'm pretty sure anyway.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011

FedoraDefender420 posted:

Not true in the slightest.

So its the same? +3 fire is the same as +9 fire for resistance, with it only mattering at +10?

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011

Speedboat Jones posted:

Armor has positive or negative elemental resistance regardless. But for armor skills, even if an armor set has +/- 9 Fire resist skill, that doesn't mean it adds or subtracts 9 fire resistance.

Yea I meant the resistances inherent to the armors, not the armor skills themselves. Sorry if I wasn't clear.

The real question is is being +1 in resistance to an element the exact same as being +2 to an element?

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011

RuBisCO posted:

Solo'd g-rank jhen after several failed attemps and a gruelling 30 minute battle.

Carved 8 rockskins.

Absolutely nothing of worth in rewards screen.

Monster hunter.

Do you mind posting your build? I tried doing it with Brachydios X with max dual slicers & Critical Eye +3 and it wasn't enough. Jhen blew up the boat with its sand breath at 42 minutes when the gong, the binder, and the dragonator were on cooldown.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Shapness +1 huh? I figured as much.

You basically have to play completely perfect, at least with just Brachy X with one additional skill. The only reason the boat got blown up is because I predicted wrong on one of its attacks. If I hadn't I would have had the binder to stop the breath and maybe at least get the repel. Or I could have had the ship get killed on the next attack, who can say.

If there's one thing I really wouldn't mind adding is at least a visible way to tell the ship is getting close to being wrecked, if not its own life bar or something.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011

RuBisCO posted:

Solo'd Hallowed Jhen after a single try.

Carved 2 Dragonsphires.

Monster Hunter :unsmith:.

I'm assuming same build you used to beat regular jhen? I really don't want to fight Ceadeus at all, so I'll just wait for Savage Jho DLC and make Vangis for Sharpness + 1. I'm way too burned out on Monster Hunter at this point.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
If they haven't done it yet they aren't going to do it now.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
I have the answer for you. The answer is Japan.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Congratulations you figured out the second part of the answer. And that is that Japan doesn't care.

Japan. And then Japan doesn't care.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
It's the G rank Deviljho set. So good luck with that.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Also don't forget that unlike most monsters he's just as dangerous in exhausted phase if you don't bother to have some meat out in the field. If he hits you with his jaws you get hit with a 25% defense down debuff which makes getting smashed by its damaging attacks even more dangerous.

I'm 1000% sure it doesn't, but does Wrath Awoken make you glow like a Savage Deviljho when it activates? It would be cool come on Capcom what are you doing????

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Can you get Black Blood from the new Savage Jho arena quest? I doubt it, but I'm wondering since it'll take far less time to kill this one than trying to hunt it in the desert.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011

Nahxela posted:

No, you don't get regular rewards from arena/challenge quests. Just coins/energy drinks/etc.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz God dammit.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Pink Rathian huh? If you think that's hosed up, please look forward to Gold Rathian in the future. And Lucent Nargacuga.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
You can't get Crit Draw in HR iirc. Only for true Gangster Rank pros.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Where is the Ballista Binder Ammo in Alatreon's arena? Despite having never used it, I'm assuming the best time to shoot it is when Alatreon is in the air correct?

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011

program666 posted:

until Capcom see the wrong in their ways

Good luck with that

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
So is Magara a mid game monster or what? Is there G Rank or equivalent?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
I'd say the chances of it happening are really high, though waiting for it doesn't exactly sound like a super fun prospect. If it does...I'd bet this time next year at the earliest, which isn't great.

• Locked thread