Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
So I'm loving the demo, a billion times better than 3U's was, but I absolutely do not 'get' how to use the bug, is there a range I'm not figuring out or something? I target the monster's belly or whatever, I hit fire and...it buzzes around for a little bit. Do I need to manually return it to get the boost or should I just let it go and it'll come back to me full of monster juice?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea I'm in love with the Glaive, I'm bummed we never got tonfas but holy poo poo is it fun to polevault around like an rear end in a top hat, cutting fools and having my bug drain their blood...or maybe soul???

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Haquer posted:

It doesn't, but it has programmable quick messages and automessages based on actions (like mounting a monster, setting bombs, etc).

Can I make my mount message "WATCH THIS STUPID poo poo"?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Lemming posted:

I think you'll find that the Monoblos has One giant horn while Diablos has Two.

Holy poo poo I never put this together because I'm a moron.

Maleh-Vor posted:

Black Diablos is a girl.

And she don't need a man...actually wait yes the entire reason she's black is because she wants a dude...

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
In many cultures you're not actually a man until you Hunting Horn Poke a tail off a monster.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

deadly_pudding posted:

Apparently Lagombi is coming back :kimchi:

Between the bunny ears and the penguin sliding, I nominate Lagombi for cutest monster.

Lagombi returns as does Kirin, my two favorite monsters (aside from the iconics who are in near every game) are in, now all I need is those giant crabs and crawfish to be back.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Celery Face posted:

Daimyo and the sub are back. Can't wait to fight them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fut0soM0AcU

God is good

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

pulp rag posted:

New G-Rank monster: Randy Orton!

It's bullshit that he keeps one shotting me FROM OUTTA NOWHERE.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Sire Oblivion posted:

I'm not even sure how much I'll use the C-Stick on the New 3DS since the L Targeting basically solves all of the issues with the camera in a single press.

Yea I'm gonna get the new 3ds, it looks good and it's a legit upgrade since I'm still rockin the ORIGINAL 3ds and all, but since I probably can't swing a launch day grab I'm glad L targeting handles my biggest worry of 'oh gently caress am I gonna NEED that c-stick?'

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Lemming posted:

I'm the cat sweeping the beach with a broom.

That cat literally could not give any less fucks about anyone else's life.

"Oh, cool, fish monster. I'M SWEEPING A BEACH"

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

ChibiSoma posted:

It's still an issue, but I'm glad the female armor sets at least have a few more full helms and less open ones that're basically just face-windows.

Yea female armor in general is better this game it seems. Not perfect but less stupid 'cause they're giiiiiiiiiirls right' looks. Gonna need to get the Bnahabra top hat armor asap.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I legitimately can't decide between focusing on bug or my usual light bowgun, both are fun and neat in their own ways.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Colorspray posted:

Play both! I feel that Monster Hunter's journey is more fun than the destination, and milking more time out isn't necessarily a bad thing.

At least make Steve's lbg, that thing rules. I've seen multiple players overforge it to return health, and that looks like a weapon to definitely do that on.

Oh absolutely, yea one of the things I love in these games is the ability to go 'nah today I feel like shooting dinosaurs in the face' and just going for that. Just unsure what I'll even start with because both are a blast in the demo. I guess I'll just flip a fuckin coin or something.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Jumped on my CE fast on Amazon, got it coming on launch day. My New 3ds won't be here till Monday or Tuesday apparently but that's less important.

The only tragedy is I'll have to delay getting Majora's Mask, even if I wasn't spending a bunch of money on that day anyway I just won't have time to play it for a bit even if it's my favorite Zelda.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Colorspray posted:

I'm having Soylent for breakfast, lunch and dinner because I haven't the time for food when there's monsters to hunt. Retarded reasong? Yes.

My real reasoning?

:smith: I need to go rethink some things.

I want to make a well done steak joke but no seriously bro eat food.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Rudoku posted:

I wasn't as hyped for this game as you guys until I watched the Palico vids. Now I want a Mega Man and Dante catte fighting with Samus holding a biggass hammer. And I want it yesterday. I didn't make it to the Animal Crossing ones yet.

Spoiler, friend, they're adorable.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Hey what kinda armor and weapons do the shark monsters make, I need to make 'kill the sharks, wear their skin, use their bones as my weapons' a goal of mine.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

AttackBacon posted:

Their armor looks real sweet, although the full set isn't anything to write home about skill-wise (Low-Rank is Ice Atk+1, Meat Lover, Raise Hunger / High-Rank is Ice Atk+1, Meat Lover, Part Breaker, Raise Hunger / G-Rank X is Ice Atk+2, Meat Lover, Speed Eating+1, Part Breaker, Raise Hunger / G-Rank Z is Rec Speed+2, Stamina Recovery Up, Tremor Res, and Double Bleed). Only Rare 8 as well. Still definitely workable. The weapons are middle-of-the-pack ice weapons with the subspecies paths turning into para weapons that are actually pretty good. The sub charge axe (Desert Rose) in particular is really solid, Impact Phial with Para element, good raw and good sharpness.

Low/High-Rank Armor

Blademaster:
Gunner:

G-Rank X

Blademaster:
Gunner:

G-Rank Z

Blademaster:
Gunner:

I know what I'm going for for my 'I need something to get me through the middle tier hump' armor. Lookit those fin arms :kimchi:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
So do like all the new monsters just have great armor or what? Am I gonna spend thousands of hours playing monster hunter dressup?

Yes.

• Locked thread