Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Reginald Bathwater posted:

Seriously do not gently caress around with charm tables, the cursed ones are so broken it sounds like a glitch, but hasn't been fixed in the year or so the game has been out in Japan. Bad charm tables have anywhere between 216-800 possible charms, and proper ones have 21,600.

This sounds absolutely hosed, and I am surprised that this flew.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Does the clock trick for charm tables work on the Wii U version?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Finally decided to get this. Question about charm tables: does the method in the OP work for the Wii U version? Also should I go for table 10?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Man, getting back into the Switch Axe is like riding a bike. Can't wait to tear poo poo up online. And by that I mean piss off countless people by carelessly doing the repeating slash.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Thanks to the gentlegoon Ojetor, I got my demo, and it feels real slick this time around. The targeting camera feels real good to me even without a CPP

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I guess I got lucky, the gamestop near my work still had a MH4 bundle available.

Can anyone give me tips on how to gun lance? I am shelling constantly and doing the shotgun slam every time I am able. Also training myself to stow the lance whenever I need to move around quick. Too many times I forgot I can't roll and end up back stepping into the sabertooth frogs face.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Nahxela posted:

Are you getting that as in store pick up? I haven't checked my local store, but the online thing said it wasn't available for in store pick up. I guess that's just for the online stock?

Not...really. They are doing some weird thing where they can't do in store pick up, but they can order online for you and ship to your house. Furthermore, at the time when I did it it said that the system was not available at the website, but I could do it at the store.

It is hardly ideal, and I will be checking if I really do have one on lock, but there you go.

Also, to those who have imported, are they doing the dumb stuff with charm tables again? As in what they did in 3U?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I finally tried the Insect Glaive and holy poo poo it owns.

EDIT: Is mounting the back good for anything except getting a stun on a monster? Cause right now I am hopping like an idiot with the IG.

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Jan 20, 2015

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Bread Set Jettison posted:

and bug staffs

and tigrexes

And other players online.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Seriously, they should have been more explicit on how that worked.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Ape Has Killed Ape posted:

Monster Hunter Megathread: Ride the snake.

drat, I wanted to suggest that.

Monster Hunter Megathread: MEOWMEOWMEOWMEOWMEOWMEOW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Teddles posted:

Monster Hunter Megathread: Monster Hunter For You

:buddy:

Yup, you win.

• Locked thread