Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Sup, Snitch!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

Azure_Horizon posted:

Gotta love that introduction to Wallace.

I like the Vice Principal intro with the locker search.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
I do not think you can bring a knife to school anymore.

I love how she fucks with the VP

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene
If it's as big as you say it is, I'LL be your girlfriend! *gasp* We could go to prom together!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Look at that psychotic jackass.

gently caress you Lamb

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Apr 1, 2013

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene
Celeste Kane is the biggest rear end in a top hat ever.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Azure_Horizon posted:

Celeste Kane is the biggest rear end in a top hat ever.

Time for Club Scum

Baylis never got over that child murder case :(

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
First episode is so dark. First season is so good. :allears:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Oh no Lily.

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

Poque posted:

First episode is so dark. First season is so good. :allears:

It's just such a fantastic pilot episode. It also has fantastic music choices, such as Weak Become Heroes by The Streets.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

I forget did they ever reveal who leaked the video?

Backup is amazing and once again gently caress Lamb

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Apr 1, 2013

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

bobkatt013 posted:

I forget did they ever reveal who leaked the video?

Backup is amazing and once again gently caress Lamb

As far as I know, they don't.

I love the scene where Veronica becomes the hard, cynical person she is, thanks to that party and the morning after.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Azure_Horizon posted:

As far as I know, they don't.

I love the scene where Veronica becomes the hard, cynical person she is, thanks to that party and the morning after.

Logan is such an rear end in a top hat in the beginning. Also this friendship is awesome.

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

bobkatt013 posted:

Logan is such an rear end in a top hat in the beginning. Also this friendship is awesome.

What is this table made of... *knocks* ... Oak?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

I wonder what happened when Logan got home. Thanks a lot Veronica.

Go see the wizard

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Apr 1, 2013

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

bobkatt013 posted:

I do not think you can bring a knife to school anymore.
You never really could, but I doubt Neptune rocks metal detectors.

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

bobkatt013 posted:

I wonder what happened when Logan got home. Thanks a lot Veronica.

Go see the wizard

He might help you get some courage.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Also Who's your daddy?

So next week with the worlds greatest guest star?

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Apr 1, 2013

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

bobkatt013 posted:

Also Who's your daddy?

So next week with the worlds greatest guest star?

Ahahahaha. It's like she doesn't even have to act!

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene
Haha yes. See you guys next week at 8pm PST for Episode 2: "Credit Where Credit's Due".

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

So I just popped my Veronica Mars cherry and I have to say it's fantastic. The music selection was great, the voice-over cut some serious corners without becoming too meandering, and there are already a few characters I want to see Veronica destroy the lives of.

The only thing that was a little out of place was Logan. He's a little too formulaic, and I hope that the show doesn't try to excuse his behavior with any "Oh no, but he has a troubled family life" later on. I just want him to turn out to be the exact kind of dick that evolves to become a serious thug but still gets his rear end handed to him.

Favorite quote is by far "I was thinking of a Springsteen song. Scratch that, I was never cool." Also the dog named backup was seriously funny in a cute way. Favorite part is the telephone accent impersonation.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Ernutetnoiraud posted:

So I just popped my Veronica Mars cherry and I have to say it's fantastic. The music selection was great, the voice-over cut some serious corners without becoming too meandering, and there are already a few characters I want to see Veronica destroy the lives of.

The only thing that was a little out of place was Logan. He's a little too formulaic, and I hope that the show doesn't try to excuse his behavior with any "Oh no, but he has a troubled family life" later on. I just want him to turn out to be the exact kind of dick that evolves to become a serious thug but still gets his rear end handed to him.

Favorite quote is by far "I was thinking of a Springsteen song. Scratch that, I was never cool." Also the dog named backup was seriously funny in a cute way. Favorite part is the telephone accent impersonation.

You will have to see where Logon goes.

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

Ernutetnoiraud posted:

Logan has a ridiculous amount of character depth, and is probably the most focused-on character in the show outside of Veronica. He's definitely going to feel less formulaic as this season goes on.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

LividLiquid posted:

Not you personally, but people with Neilsen boxes who thought what you did, yes.

It didn't help at all what they did with advertising it during season 3 when it moved to the WB. They had it on the same night as Gilmore Girls, and there was this roundtable discussion during commercial breaks between 4 women all going on about the boyfriends and relationships in the show and it basically advertised the show as this quirky teen girl romance show which it wasn't at all. It was really ridiculous.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
One of my favorite parts of season 1is how our view of Logan changes..

Also as a Buffy fan, I love seeing Alyson Hannigan and Charisma Carpenter guest star, especially when they get to interact.

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

I don't know how you guys are going to be able to limit yourselves to one episode a week. I have zero impulse control.

I'm also feeling an urge to go out and buy a bunch of spy gadgets and practice my witty quips.

Possible movie plot spoiler and minor season 2 spoiler: I find it odd that they are going to have the movie be 10 years later and Veronica given up on the Private Investigator thing for all that time. Same with her stopping over the summer at the beginning of season 2 to work at the coffee place. Investigating is just so...her. It's like, in her blood. She's incapable of not being overly curious, observant and nosy. She also tends to be a trouble magnet. Cases are often dropped on her and she initially may not want to work all of them but you can tell she really, really enjoys it. I can't really picture her as a lawyer as the movie plots I've read speculate either. She'd be good at defending people sure, but lawyers do law research with long hours in the library, not the investigation portions of a case. They hire people like Veronica and her dad for that sort of thing. I can see her going into investigative journalism, that would be more up her alley. The idea of her voluntarily giving it up is just weird to me.

KilGrey fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Apr 1, 2013

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene
(season 3 talk)The end of season 3 is reason enough for Veronica to stop being a P.I. after basically ruining her father's life. Same goes for the Season 1->2 interim; after getting so deep she almost got killed by Aaron Echolls, she had reason enough to take a break. It wasn't like it lasted long.

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

^^^I'm almost half way through season 2 right now so I don't want to mouse over your spoiler. If it's in response to me, are you basically saying that they'll eventually give her a reason for choosing a different path?

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

KilGrey posted:

^^^I'm almost half way through season 2 right now so I don't want to mouse over your spoiler. If it's in response to me, are you basically saying that they'll eventually give her a reason for choosing a different path?

Oh yes. The story hook they're going with for the movie is given enough precedence by the series finale.

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

Azure_Horizon posted:

Oh yes. The story hook they're going with for the movie is given enough precedence by the series finale.

Okay good. I guess I shouldn't have expected anything less from the people that make this show, it's just odd to consider given the point I'm at. Thanks! :)

Edit: Also, I'd love to see a show with the public defender lawyer from this show and Saul Goodman from Breaking Bad. Best lawyer team ever!

KilGrey fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Apr 1, 2013

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

KilGrey posted:

Okay good. I guess I shouldn't have expected anything less from the people that make this show, it's just odd to consider given the point I'm at. Thanks! :)

Edit: Also, I'd love to see a show with the public defender lawyer from this show and Saul Goodman from Breaking Bad. Best lawyer team ever!

How can you trust this lawyer?

DS at Night
Jun 1, 2004

I'm about halfway through season 3 and I got to say the flow of the story kind of suffers for having way too many characters in it. Not gonna ask for spoilers or anything (so don't tell me) but I really hope there is going to be a point to adding captain Nice Guy and Mac's incredibly not at all memorable roommate to the regular lineup.

Poque posted:

Sup, Snitch!

I think you meant to say "snich" :o:

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I watched Season 1 on DVD several years ago and really enjoyed it, but never followed up. Last summer, I got my wife to give it a chance, and we marathoned through all three seasons thanks to Netflix, and loved every minute of it, even the weaker Season 3. She's a huge Kristen Bell fangirl now (we even watched Hit and Run and surprisingly liked it a lot), and we're both psyched for the movie.

I just hope Cliff the lawyer and Vinnie Van Lowe are in it -- they were my favorite characters aside from Veronica and Keith.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

I have to imagine Ken Marino will be in it, given the other stuff he's done with Kristen Bell and Rob Thomas.

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.

Wow, I completely forgot she was in this show for an episode.

chesh
Apr 19, 2004

That was terrible.

DS at Night posted:

I'm about halfway through season 3 and I got to say the flow of the story kind of suffers for having way too many characters in it. Not gonna ask for spoilers or anything (so don't tell me) but I really hope there is going to be a point to adding captain Nice Guy and Mac's incredibly not at all memorable roommate to the regular lineup.

Season 3, unfortunately, suffers a great deal due to the writers strike. It was also not the only show that got completely cancelled after the writers strike. They basically wrapped up what they could, but you're correct in that the flow suffers - it just doesn't suffer due to lack of trying, in my opinion.

I kickstarted at the $175 level because, hey, I don't have the DVD's and I totally should. As soon as I finish catching up on my current binge of Supernatural I'm gonna up my Netflix DVD subscription so I can re-binge Veronica, because I can't wait a year for my DVD's to get to me.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
They've added a $1 donation option to the Kickstarter; they're trying to become the Kickstarter with the most backers ever. You don't really get anything at the $1 level other than "exclusive backer updates" but it's something.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

So I decided to race ahead a little bit. Curse you, Addictive Personality, when will you let me and the internet move at our own pace?! :rant:

Anyway, something funny happened and I decided to share. (Mid-late Season 1) Mac and her computer guy are arguing about OS X vs. Ubuntu, and Veronica says the iPod Mini is cool to fit in. I rewinded and played the scene a dozen times and I swear I keep hearing it as iPad Mini, instead. Maybe not so funny, but it freaked me out the first time I heard it wrong.

Also, everyone who said Logan's personality will be expounded on as the season goes is right. Thanks for not letting me give up on him early on.

DS at Night
Jun 1, 2004

chesh posted:

Season 3, unfortunately, suffers a great deal due to the writers strike. It was also not the only show that got completely cancelled after the writers strike. They basically wrapped up what they could, but you're correct in that the flow suffers - it just doesn't suffer due to lack of trying, in my opinion.
Oh there's definitely good TV there. It is a little disappointing when you compare it to the previous seasons though. And there's no Wallace around for like... half the season. There's really no excuse for that like they had for Weevil. That's just wrong.

And I finished season 3 and god drat there really is no reason for Parker and Piz to be there at ALL. They are completely devoid of personality or anything that defines them. There's nothing but white noise. Maybe that Piz guy has... a radio thing. I think. And Parker has had zero character development after the first or maybe second episode. Which is quite a feat considering what happened.

quote:

I kickstarted at the $175 level because, hey, I don't have the DVD's and I totally should. As soon as I finish catching up on my current binge of Supernatural I'm gonna up my Netflix DVD subscription so I can re-binge Veronica, because I can't wait a year for my DVD's to get to me.
I'm in at the $35 level ($45 cause I'm non-US) because I'm really kind of poor but I couldn't NOT contribute. I wish more cancelled shows did this.

Speaking of Supernatural, it took me forever to even notice that the actress who plays Jo is in this. And there's also Rufus somewhere in season 1. Now I'm wishing they got Jim Beaver as well. But that's true for a lot of shows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

DS at Night posted:

And I finished season 3 and god drat there really is no reason for Parker and Piz to be there at ALL. They are completely devoid of personality or anything that defines them. There's nothing but white noise. Maybe that Piz guy has... a radio thing. I think. And Parker has had zero character development after the first or maybe second episode. Which is quite a feat considering what happened.

Season 3

I always had the impression they only existed to make the show more "CW-y", or at least what CW was back then, to add more relationship drama. Piz of course works as complete anti-thesis to Logan, so he by default had to be the nicest, least threatening, most understanding, most boring character in the history of boring boyfriends.

• Locked thread