Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene
Finally, a deep throat to call my own. I'll be popping in to throw up some Youtube links to the fantastic music choices had across the course of this series.

Azure_Horizon fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Mar 19, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

greatn posted:

I have a question. I have heard the first season also has a secondary mystery of Veronica having been date raped in the first episode. I don't want to derail on the politics of it, but I also heard that the culprit ends up as her boyfriend. That sounds kind of, super weird. Not having seen it I'm sure there's more to it than that. I promise I'm not going to argue about it at all or even mention it again, just could someone explain what is up with that? I'm sure there's an explanation just hearing from someone else about the show can't exactly explain, or the situation was misrepresented when explained to me.

It doesn't happen like that.

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

I've got my roommate starting on the series today and I completely forgot how much I hate the theme song. At least it's short.

I don't... What... ? Why?

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

Nope, but it might be that version. It's been years since I've watched this, but I do remember they changed the style of "We Used To Be Friends" at some point, but I don't specifically remember which is which. The WB might have stuck that version on all the episodes on their site for all I know.

The good version plays for the first and second season on the WB website, and the third season has the altered version.

Azure_Horizon fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Mar 19, 2013

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

Deakul posted:

Absolutely love this show, but I actually watched it for the first time about a year ago so it's still a little early to rewatch but I'll be keeping an eye on this thread.

Also, Season 3 intro & theme are best.

Also x2, if you have the dvds do not watch the Season 4 sneak preview, it will break your heart when you realize that you're probably never going to see that come to fruition.

I really like the Season 3 intro, mostly because it overdoes it on the orange which is a hugely influential color in the show and the reason I absolutely love the cinematography. It also reflects the darker tone of the show in that season, too.

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

Zaggitz posted:

Holy gently caress Sheriff Lamb is possibly the most despicable human being in television. This is just how I feel after watching the first episode though. Show is good and I will watch more of it.

Yeah, he's a pretty huge rear end in a top hat.

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

Dr. Video Games 0157 posted:

So I've been doing my first watch through of VM and I'm really hooked. I can not for the life of me explain why I am so into this show but I love it. Can't wait to do a whole rewatch with this thread/cast members. I have a question though, OP says all the episodes are on the WB website but I can only see 2 seasons. Is the last season hidden on there somewhere or am I going to have to find it elsewhere?

Season 3 is on the CW's website, when UPN became that channel.

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

Skuzal posted:

Are you sure about this? I checked and could not find it. Maybe it is hidden or I am dumb.

I guess they removed it then. That was the last time I saw it available... and that was a long time ago, dunno why they would get rid of it.

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene
Just got through the season finale of the first season again. Such a perfect season of TV.

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

Poque posted:

That's always how I've described it! One of very few "perfect seasons" of television out there. I'd throw in seasons 2 of both Chuck and Parks and Rec as well.

And season 1 of Terriers. :qq:

EDIT: Just rewatched the pilot. I forgot that Logan had an inexplicable accent in that episode :confused:

As far as perfect seasons go, it'd be VM Season 1 - Terriers Season 1 - Mad Men Season 5 - Enlightened Seasons 1 and 2 and... not much else. It's hard to nail such a great flow, but these shows have totally done it.

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

legendaryRev posted:

On that note (not a spoiler), in the last episode of the first season, does Veronica's voice sound higher for the last few scenes? Maybe it was the computer I was watching it on, but it was jarring. Sounded a lot higher than the whole rest of the season.

I'm not sure where people are hearing these voice changes. The only time I notice them is when the camera is shifted away from them and their voice is captured at a slightly lower pitch.

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene
I liked Duncan perfectly fine... in Season 1. :/

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

aarstar posted:

I've also been burning through (and enjoying) this show thanks to this thread. Just wanted to confirm that season 3 isn't available on the WB or CW websites (unless I'm blind). Found it on iTunes/Amazon for ~$35, so I may hold off for awhile.

I would say burn through the first two seasons. seriously.

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

Oasx posted:

I remember when it first started airing, people were raving about it, but i thought a high school detective sounded like a terrible show, then Joss Whedon called it the best show on tv, i gave it a shot and loved it.

Am i the only person who prefers season 2? The first season is great, but i must admit that i didn't really care who killed Lilly because she always came off very unlikable, combined with the presence of Duncan, i just think they fixed all those issues in the second season.

Except that Duncan's around a lot more often in Season 2?

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

Oasx posted:

If i remember correctly he more or less disappears from the show halfway through the season

(2nd season)More like 2/3rds. He's still around a LOT because he's dating Veronica.

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

KilGrey posted:

I'm 4 episodes in and completely hooked. It's so different than I thought it would be. Other posters were right in describing it as an adult show that happens to be set in high school part of the time. The first episode had everything in it.

I really, really loving hate sheriff Lamb. I can't see any redemption for him after what he did and said when Veronica went to him about being raped. Do they ever find out who did that? Don't tell me who, just yes or no.

Spoilers? :(

Yes, Veronica does find out.

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

T3hRen3gade posted:

I just started reading this thread and it's made me want to re-watch the series in the worst way. I never liked UPN/CW shows until Veronica Mars came along and I was really pissed when they canceled it. To new viewers, you are in for a treat. To longtime fans, hell fuckin' yeah it's about time Veronica got the ending she deserved. :v:

I don't trust myself to gush about things without being a spoilerific fanboy so I probably won't post again, but I love this thread and this show and god bless Kickstarter. :patriot:

You should still post along with us when we start the rewatch. Lord knows I wanna see all the new eyes experience the show. :)

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

I think he's cuter than Logan, does that count? But neither of them seems to be able to move their faces, so I really wouldn't go for either.

Huh? Jason Dohring is easily the most emotive actor on the show outside of Kristen Bell.

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

...! posted:

Everyone still starting the watch/rewatch tonight? Twee as gently caress's been probated so won't be able to guide us.

I'll take up the mantle if no one else will. Let's start at 8pm PST? That gives us a cushy time where Game of Thrones just ended on the east coast and it won't start on the west coast until sometime after we finish the pilot episode tonight.

Conduit: The movie plotline, as described on the Kickstarter page, basically treats the FBI scenario as alt-history and not canon.

Azure_Horizon fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Apr 1, 2013

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene
THE SEASON 1 REWATCH BEGINS IN FIVE MINUTES.

Watch the pilot episode here: http://www.thewb.com/shows/veronica-mars/pilot/3c62044675

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene
Gotta love that introduction to Wallace.

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene
If it's as big as you say it is, I'LL be your girlfriend! *gasp* We could go to prom together!

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene
Celeste Kane is the biggest rear end in a top hat ever.

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

Poque posted:

First episode is so dark. First season is so good. :allears:

It's just such a fantastic pilot episode. It also has fantastic music choices, such as Weak Become Heroes by The Streets.

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

bobkatt013 posted:

I forget did they ever reveal who leaked the video?

Backup is amazing and once again gently caress Lamb

As far as I know, they don't.

I love the scene where Veronica becomes the hard, cynical person she is, thanks to that party and the morning after.

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

bobkatt013 posted:

Logan is such an rear end in a top hat in the beginning. Also this friendship is awesome.

What is this table made of... *knocks* ... Oak?

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

bobkatt013 posted:

I wonder what happened when Logan got home. Thanks a lot Veronica.

Go see the wizard

He might help you get some courage.

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene
Haha yes. See you guys next week at 8pm PST for Episode 2: "Credit Where Credit's Due".

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

Ernutetnoiraud posted:

So I just popped my Veronica Mars cherry and I have to say it's fantastic. The music selection was great, the voice-over cut some serious corners without becoming too meandering, and there are already a few characters I want to see Veronica destroy the lives of.

The only thing that was a little out of place was Logan. He's a little too formulaic, and I hope that the show doesn't try to excuse his behavior with any "Oh no, but he has a troubled family life" later on. I just want him to turn out to be the exact kind of dick that evolves to become a serious thug but still gets his rear end handed to him.

Favorite quote is by far "I was thinking of a Springsteen song. Scratch that, I was never cool." Also the dog named backup was seriously funny in a cute way. Favorite part is the telephone accent impersonation.

Logan has a ridiculous amount of character depth, and is probably the most focused-on character in the show outside of Veronica. He's definitely going to feel less formulaic as this season goes on.

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene
(season 3 talk)The end of season 3 is reason enough for Veronica to stop being a P.I. after basically ruining her father's life. Same goes for the Season 1->2 interim; after getting so deep she almost got killed by Aaron Echolls, she had reason enough to take a break. It wasn't like it lasted long.

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

KilGrey posted:

^^^I'm almost half way through season 2 right now so I don't want to mouse over your spoiler. If it's in response to me, are you basically saying that they'll eventually give her a reason for choosing a different path?

Oh yes. The story hook they're going with for the movie is given enough precedence by the series finale.

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

KilGrey posted:

I'm on episode 10 of season 2 and there is a severe lack of Wallace. However that does have the added benefit of there being no appearance of his irritating girlfriend. My god is she a horrible actress.

Edit: Speak of the devil. He appeared in the end of the episode I was just watching when I posted the above. :)

(season 2) Jackie gets a lot better, but that's just me. I don't have an issue with her actress in later episodes.

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

Mu Zeta posted:

I like how that photography teacher cast member from season 1 completely disappeared. I think she was only in like 4 episodes too.

The actress got pregnant, and I love that they make a joke about it later in the season.

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene
So we're watching Episode 2 tonight at 8pm PST. Just a friendly reminder. :)

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

GateheaD posted:

S2: Megs Parents I don't really understand the whole arresting Duncan & Veronica, letting them go without saying a word then just sitting in-front of the house.
Also I don't really understand the parents, Meg turned out OK

That song, Run by Air, perfect for the quiet parts.
I know I get the same emotions from the episode if I just listen to the song now.
Also sounds kinda like GLADOS

Great the forums automatically try and change url=video to an imbedded youtube, so enjoy it instead of a link.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZT9t6oMBhI

The inference is that Lamb's dad did something of a similar nature in terms of abuse to him, and so I think he sat outside their house to say, "Hey, I'm watching you. Don't ever treat your kids like that again or I'm throwing you in a cell."

Meg turned out OK because she was the golden child, but she was powerless to keep her younger siblings from being abused.

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene
It's fine, I don't take SA stuff personally.

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene
Sorry I ditched the rewatch, was watching GoT and Mad Men with friends. Won't happen again next weekend.

Paris Hilton is the best guest star. :allears:

Azure_Horizon fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Apr 8, 2013

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

DS at Night posted:

Seriously? She sounds like she's literally reading words off a cue card offscreen. That she's seeing for the first time.

Interesting guest star maybe... but good?

I'm not being serious at all.

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

Poque posted:

Guessing that's because of this:

https://www.facebook.com/VeronicaMars/posts/504484219613076

"Ready to catch up on Veronica Mars? All HD seasons currently on sale on iTunes. http://bit.ly/12A9kP0"

This is gonna hit our rewatch hard, then. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

GateheaD posted:

Just remembered re: Megs Parents
didn't an alternative ending of the hospital scene have megs mother kill her (and baby) then have Veronica hold the murder weapon and be suspected of it by a nurse...?

Yep, it's on the Season 2 DVD I think.

• Locked thread