Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DS at Night
Jun 1, 2004

They're still taking money then? I might consider that. I'm a recent fan after having shunned the show for years thinking it was just some boring teen poo poo. This show is not at all what I thought it'd be. It's also interesting that The Killing got mentioned earlier because I was just thinking there were some pretty good similarities in how the tension is built up and so on. Not saying too much on that though because the eventual reveal and lead up to it are freaking awesome. I might have been actually holding my breath at some points during the season finale.

Regarding episode 2.01: At first I thought it'd make absolutely no sense for Logan to just go back to somebody who'd, well, hurt him pretty badly, then I realized that's exactly what a lifelong abuse victim would do. There is no smith emoticon big enough. Good writing though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DS at Night
Jun 1, 2004

He could benefit from using his outside voice more, but that's the only complaint I have. I think he pulls off some great acting in this show. Character wise I also wouldn't change a thing. I don't have to feel like I could date somebody to think they make for an interesting character. Embrace the rear end in a top hat side of life.

DS at Night
Jun 1, 2004

I'm about halfway through season 3 and I got to say the flow of the story kind of suffers for having way too many characters in it. Not gonna ask for spoilers or anything (so don't tell me) but I really hope there is going to be a point to adding captain Nice Guy and Mac's incredibly not at all memorable roommate to the regular lineup.

Poque posted:

Sup, Snitch!

I think you meant to say "snich" :o:

DS at Night
Jun 1, 2004

chesh posted:

Season 3, unfortunately, suffers a great deal due to the writers strike. It was also not the only show that got completely cancelled after the writers strike. They basically wrapped up what they could, but you're correct in that the flow suffers - it just doesn't suffer due to lack of trying, in my opinion.
Oh there's definitely good TV there. It is a little disappointing when you compare it to the previous seasons though. And there's no Wallace around for like... half the season. There's really no excuse for that like they had for Weevil. That's just wrong.

And I finished season 3 and god drat there really is no reason for Parker and Piz to be there at ALL. They are completely devoid of personality or anything that defines them. There's nothing but white noise. Maybe that Piz guy has... a radio thing. I think. And Parker has had zero character development after the first or maybe second episode. Which is quite a feat considering what happened.

quote:

I kickstarted at the $175 level because, hey, I don't have the DVD's and I totally should. As soon as I finish catching up on my current binge of Supernatural I'm gonna up my Netflix DVD subscription so I can re-binge Veronica, because I can't wait a year for my DVD's to get to me.
I'm in at the $35 level ($45 cause I'm non-US) because I'm really kind of poor but I couldn't NOT contribute. I wish more cancelled shows did this.

Speaking of Supernatural, it took me forever to even notice that the actress who plays Jo is in this. And there's also Rufus somewhere in season 1. Now I'm wishing they got Jim Beaver as well. But that's true for a lot of shows.

DS at Night
Jun 1, 2004

Speaking of Iceman... I was extremely confused when I thought it was that guy from the X-Men movies playing Troy, then looked him up and saw that he wasn't in this...

Dude's got a twin brother :o:

DS at Night
Jun 1, 2004

End reveal of S2 got a little uh... moustache-twirly for me. It wasn't all that convincing. Anyone else got that idea too? The whole bomb thing is not at all something a kid like that could pull off on his own.

DS at Night
Jun 1, 2004

bobkatt013 posted:

I mentioned it before In the episode in Logan's mom dies when Veronica is talking with the kids, they mention that the person in charge of the explosives for their war film is Beaver

No see I get that but it's still weird that he could rig a whole plane to blow and nobody saw him? And then it was like "oh I did that other thing that happened and everything else that's wrong in your life, I did that too, and now I'm gonna taser you". I felt like it was one step away from a muhahaha.

DS at Night
Jun 1, 2004

Azure_Horizon posted:

Sorry I ditched the rewatch, was watching GoT and Mad Men with friends. Won't happen again next weekend.

Paris Hilton is the best guest star. :allears:

Seriously? She sounds like she's literally reading words off a cue card offscreen. That she's seeing for the first time.

Interesting guest star maybe... but good?

DS at Night
Jun 1, 2004

Azure_Horizon posted:

I'm not being serious at all.

I have the same trouble with sarcasm as Paris Hilton does with saying lines convincingly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DS at Night
Jun 1, 2004

^ While there is ABSOLUTELY no point to them being in the show I guess it's technically considered a spoiler to know that maybe, haha. Although knowing that saves people a lot of disappointment at the end of the season.

Twee as gently caress posted:

I'm not the only one who likes Todd right? :ohdear:

Not as good as Logan though obviously :swoon:

You had me getting super frustrated trying to remember who Todd was.

• Locked thread