Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

twoday posted:

Was your grandfather, by any chance, a sailor?

Sailor? No, but he was an infantry sergeant in Korea. Think that's how he picked it up?

I've literally never met anybody else that's eaten that stuff that way and vegetables with butter is a pretty common thing in these parts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Sailor? No, but he was an infantry sergeant in Korea. Think that's how he picked it up?

I've literally never met anybody else that's eaten that stuff that way and vegetables with butter is a pretty common thing in these parts.

you missed :thejoke:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcOrSWr2HLU

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
I saw this pile of sludge unattended in my office's breakroom today. I have no idea if it's food or spackle or why it is on a plate yet somehow retaining the shape it is :psyduck:

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

cyberia posted:

I saw this pile of sludge unattended in my office's breakroom today. I have no idea if it's food or spackle or why it is on a plate yet somehow retaining the shape it is :psyduck:

Looks like a soaking wet bundt cake.

e: there are a lot of god-awful looking peach cobblers throughout this thread. They look a lot like that. Wet sugary mush. My favorite dessert!

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
What kind of horrendous procedure do you have to perform on a bundt cake to turn it into that.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

AnonSpore posted:

What kind of horrendous procedure do you have to perform on a bundt cake to turn it into that.
Purging?

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

AnonSpore posted:

Take a bath with it.

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

cyberia posted:

Looks like overcooked grits piled up on a plate. In fact, is that dry grits in that jar?

Vindolanda
Feb 13, 2012

It's just like him too, y'know?

cyberia posted:

I admire whoever fought their way into that.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Baldbeard posted:

Looks like overcooked grits piled up on a plate. In fact, is that dry grits in that jar?

That jar is brown sugar for putting in coffee. I'm in Australia so I don't think grits are something people eat here, especially at work.

Throwdown
Sep 4, 2003

Here you go, dummies.
Apple sauce? Oatmeal? I have no loving clue.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
i ate the better half of a mexcan knockoff swiss roll that was infested with maggots. It was pineapple flavor to begin with and the maggots felt and tasted like shaved coconut. They were wriggling in my mouth and it felt like eating a carbonated pina colada. I would have finished it if one of the maggots hadn't crawled out onto the arm of my couch.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Welp. It was a good run but I think the thread has been won.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

amityville anus posted:

i ate the better half of a mexcan knockoff swiss roll that was infested with maggots. It was pineapple flavor to begin with and the maggots felt and tasted like shaved coconut. They were wriggling in my mouth and it felt like eating a carbonated pina colada. I would have finished it if one of the maggots hadn't crawled out onto the arm of my couch.

Next time check the expiration date, those things stay in stores for months and months.

I once drank grape juice with mold in the bottom. YUM.

Supeerme
Sep 13, 2010

cyberia posted:

Looks like someone mixed Mash Potatoes with Brown gravy. My sister used to do that a lot after putting enough salt to start a quarry in it.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Desperado Bones posted:

Next time check the expiration date, those things stay in stores for months and months.

I once drank grape juice with mold in the bottom. YUM.

it was that brand, wasn't expired and out of a whole box of them individually wrapped. I'll admit I'd do it again. The maggots wriggling in my mouth against my gums and tongue made it feel like a carbonated solid. I'm not always a fan of coconut flakes but I am a fan of eating maggots.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
Well that's absolutely horrifying.

MAKE NO BABBYS
Jan 28, 2010
Lots of cultures eat larvae/bugs... It's not really that weird in the grand scheme of things. I probably would have been grossed out because a) I hadn't intended on eating them and b) I hate shaved coconut but that's hardly "thread winning" level of gross.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Code Jockey posted:

Well that's absolutely horrifying.

Heard of Casu Marzu?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casu_marzu

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
Oh I've definitely heard of casu marzu, and right - it's not so much that I have a problem with the concept of eating bugs - it's the concept of eating maggots without intending to.

If I bit into the burrito I got for lunch and got a mouthful of maggots, and I did not explicitly order the Mondo Maggot Burrito(c), then I might have a slight issue with that.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

cyberia posted:

That looks like a huge pile of semolina.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
Yeah, I was gonna say it looks like a heaping plate of Cream of Wheat.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

You rang?

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
I was wondering if that would work, actually!

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall

Minarchist posted:

Not to worry, they're species-specific! :eng101:

This is a cool creepy story about cordyceps

I'd still be hesitant to eat them because holy poo poo man, WHAT IF :ohdear:

Eh, nowadays Cordyceps is known a little more.
For starting a zombie outbreak in The Last of Us, yeah. :getin:

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Dominos introduces a new 'pizza' with a fried chicken 'crust'.

This looks awful, but I think I'd have to try it once just to quantify how awful.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

That's a loving crime against humanity, let me buy 10 of them please give me all the chicken nuggs

FetusSlapper
Jan 6, 2005

by exmarx

S-Alpha posted:

This looks awful, but I think I'd have to try it once just to quantify how awful.

I don't think its a pizza, it looks more like chicken nuggets with cheese and toppings, sort of like nachos if you replaced the tortilla chips with chunks of chicken.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

S-Alpha posted:

I'm pretty sure this video was posted just a few pages ago, but gently caress, it's not even satire anymore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31JNEVHZxO8

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

FetusSlapper posted:

I don't think its a pizza, it looks more like chicken nuggets with cheese and toppings, sort of like nachos if you replaced the tortilla chips with chunks of chicken.

It looks loving delicious is what it is.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
That product is a lowbrow version of a fancy product http://www.thrillist.com/eat/new-york/midtown-west/biggest-chicken-parm-in-the-world

Clavietika
Dec 18, 2005

This also seems like a lowbrow version of a fancy product. Yes, it's fancier ingredients than your normal chicken parm, but aside from that it's just bigger... It reminds me of the Thousand Dollar Sundae the way it's extravagant and huge for the sake of it. Nowhere near on the same level, but still. Why?

e: VVV Exactly, with the Thousand Dollar Sundae, almost a third of the cost is the cup it comes in, which you get to keep after. :rolleyes:

Clavietika has a new favorite as of 20:05 on Apr 17, 2014

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

My favorite things about all the "thousand dollar sundaes\cocktails\hamburgers\beanie wienies" is how pretty much all of them half rear end it by throwing in some gold or a diamond ring just to make them more expensive.

Slowflake
Aug 18, 2010

Wanamingo posted:

I'm pretty sure this video was posted just a few pages ago, but gently caress, it's not even satire anymore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31JNEVHZxO8

My favorite thing about this video is how they have the segment with the 2 stacked pizzas, it being described as something no human should eat, and then we have this pizzacake which is 4 times that.

I am horrified by reality frequently being stranger than fiction... but also wondering how people would 'improve' this beast with bacon, chocolate, and the like. I mean, gently caress, Dairy Queen has the Treatza Pizza, it's not really that much of a stretch.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

...I don't have a clue what to say about this:

From Facebook, it's going to be a friend's dinner.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Are those hot dogs even cooked? I know most are edible out of the package, but that looks like they haven't even seen a pot of water or anything.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Desperado Bones posted:

...I don't have a clue what to say about this:

From Facebook, it's going to be a friend's dinner.

Does your friend go by the nickname of Doobie by any chance

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Perhaps the female Mexican version of Doobie? And yes, those are totally uncooked,which made me cringe in a bit.

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

This poster survived LPing Lunar: Dragon Song. Let's give her a hand.
You know, I understand that sometimes (for whatever reason) you're really hungry and you just need to eat and you don't care if it actually tastes good - but why photograph it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Camel Pimp posted:

You know, I understand that sometimes (for whatever reason) you're really hungry and you just need to eat and you don't care if it actually tastes good - but why photograph it?

Don't try and understand Struggle Plates, they never make sense.

• Locked thread