Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
davestones
May 7, 2009
No one has posted the canned chicken yet?

Enjoy.

davestones has a new favorite as of 20:01 on Mar 19, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davestones
May 7, 2009
That's a canny restauranteur, marketing scrapings and leftovers as a full meal. This, on the other hand, is from a café that serves proper food:

quote:

CHILDS BREAKFAST CHALLENGE
6 Fried Eggs, 8 Egg Cheese and Potato Omelette, 12 Rashers of Bacon, 12 Sausages, Chips, Mushrooms, 6 Hash Browns, 6 Black Pudding, Beans, Tomatoes, 4 slices of Bread and Butter, 4 slices of Fried Bread and 4 slices of Toast.

JUST £15 - or eat it without help within 60 minutes and get your money back!!!

davestones
May 7, 2009

cowboythreespeech posted:

CHILD'S?

Tell me that's just the name of the cafe.

6000 calories and weighs as much as a small child apparently.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Faces-the-Cafe/198994513535233

Thankfully it's at the opposite end of the country to me, but is the most "Man vs Food" type thing I have come across over here yet.

davestones
May 7, 2009
Water tastes crap when it's room temperature/warm but when it is ice-cold then it gets almost a sweet flavour to it. Of course, we have proper tap water here that is drinkable and doesn't taste like chlorine/raw sewage/chalk so that might help. We also have squash for when water tastes crap:

It saddens me that you can't get squash to dilute in America, you only get that powdered stuff :smith:

davestones
May 7, 2009
Did these monstrosities store longer out of the fridge, so salad etc wouldn't go mouldy? I couldn't stomach one, they just look wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davestones
May 7, 2009
Just what was the fad with jellies and aspics back in the day? Have tastes really changed that much or was it just an easier method of using the manky about to go off food at the back of the fridge?

God forbid it comes around again, like the trend for eating offal and offcuts has.

• Locked thread