Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carbon Thief
Oct 11, 2009

Diamonds aren't the only things that are forever.

Thwack! posted:

Have you ever had a friend that loved putting ketchup in everything?

On spaghetti...

or your rice?

And for everyone that actually does this, gently caress ya'll!

I had a friend who would cover their Christmas dinner with ketchup. They'd also have a huge puddle of it to dip KFC in. :barf:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carbon Thief
Oct 11, 2009

Toriori posted:

Have you tried Superstore?

Specifically, try looking in the baking section, it's a "yeast extract" so sometimes it's beside the powdered yeast.

Carbon Thief
Oct 11, 2009

S-Alpha posted:

Aw man, that stuff is nasty? I was gonna pick some up as a replacement for CC Lemon after my local Asian market stopped stocking it, and I need my lemon soda fix. :(

No no, San Pellegrino's lemon flavour pop is amazing (Limonata). Just don't buy the bitter orange flavour (Chinotto). Actually, all their other flavours are great (orange, grapefruit, blood orange).

Carbon Thief
Oct 11, 2009

shalcar posted:

This goes absolutely amazing with Amaretto. It certainly complements certain sweet liquors well, but drinking it straight is something that would need to be done... slowly.

I really like the Limonata with amaretto, it's kind of a half-assed Amaretto Sour.

Carbon Thief
Oct 11, 2009

Jonny Nox posted:

It came from pintrest!

Reese's Peanut butter cookie dough dip

What do you even dip in something like this?

heading off derail: I love peanut butter cups, and sweet stuff, but this combination as a dip is just disgusting.

Cookies? Pop Tarts? :barf: I saw this Funfetti cake dip on Facebook the other day.

Two new healthy breakfast options Pop Tarts flavours:

Carbon Thief
Oct 11, 2009

No Your Other Left posted:

Oh hey, nostalgia trip. (Plus it sort of fits. "Made with real fruit" is the "product and colors may vary" of the food world.)

Oh man, I just noticed the Pop-Tarts website has a recipe section. One serving of Confetti Bursts has 95% of your daily saturated fat, and 40g of sugar!

Sample user comment: "I am sooooo in love with Poptarts smores! I eat at least 8 day! Once I've eatten 24..."

Carbon Thief
Oct 11, 2009

Picnic Princess posted:

I can't eat peanut butter and honey sandwiches after this one time, a friend of my mom made one with butter as well, and it was the most disgusting thing. Ruined them for life. My husband made me one once and I gagged when I tried to eat it. He was so confused. "You like jam, how is this different?" I know it's stupid. I just can't do it.

We use peanut butter for a lot of things. Celery, apples, bananas. Peanut butter banana chocolate milkshakes are the best. Yumm.

Another no-butter-on-PB-sandwiches person! So many childhood lunches ruined by butter. :(

Carbon Thief
Oct 11, 2009

Anyone try this yet? Gonna try to track some down and save it for drunken bets.

Carbon Thief
Oct 11, 2009

Speaking of dairy products, the grocery store where I work sells something called "huslanka" and I've been wondering what it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carbon Thief
Oct 11, 2009

I love outdated cookbooks, especially ones like my grandmother's favourite:

It's got lots of good basic cakes and cookies, but there are also some slightly terrifying recipes I've never seen elsewhere.

How about some Relish Frappé?

1 pack-ette (1/4 lb) marshmallows
1 tbsp milk
1 cup cottage cheese
2 tbsp green pepper, chopped
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp pimento, chopped
2 tbsp horseradish
3/4 cup whipping cream, whipped
1 tbsp vinegar

Place marshmallows and milk in saucepan and heat over very low flame, folding over and over until marshmallows are about half melted. Remove from flame and continue folding process until marshmallows have formed a smooth fluffy mass. Cool. Blend together cottage cheese, salt, green pepper, pimento, horseradish and vinegar and add to marshmallow mixture. Blend thoroughly. Then fold in whipped cream. Place in freezing tray of automatic refrigerator and freeze at coldest degree possible. Cut in squares and serve in a tomato cut rose fashion, or on a slice of tomato, embedded in crispy nest of lettuce.

• Locked thread