Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thwack!
Aug 14, 2010

Ability: Shadow Tag
Have you ever had a friend that loved putting ketchup in everything?

On spaghetti...

or your rice?

And for everyone that actually does this, gently caress ya'll!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thwack!
Aug 14, 2010

Ability: Shadow Tag

Rigged Death Trap posted:

This is Harees, a Middle eastern (More Arab gulf though) dish.
Harees is boiled wheat, pulled [not ground] meat (chicken or lamb either's fine), and shitloads of ghee. That yellow stuff you see? All ghee. There is a lot more hidden within this carb monstrosity.
It's texture is close to porridge but more fibrous and 'stuck together' due to the meat. It tastes okay but the ghee really knocks me out, and it slides down like a lubed up snail.

Ugh. I've always hated ghee for one reason: it smells AWFUL while it's getting cooked. As a result, I also hate the taste. A small amount of Somalian restaurants actually lather the rice in ghee after it's cooked, and serve it, and holy poo poo I couldn't help but throw up in the restroom after tasting their rice.

Speaking of Somali food, Xalwo (pronounced Halwo), are a kind of desert that is composed of corn starch, sugar, canola oil and cardamom pods.

I've actually had these from time to time, and every single opportunity I had them, I never really enjoyed them due to how oily these things are.

Thwack! has a new favorite as of 21:31 on Apr 17, 2013

• Locked thread