Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Debunk This!
Apr 12, 2011

schwenz posted:

I'm totally on board with that Rueben dip poo poo.

Balut

This is similar to a french "delicacy" known as Ortolan. Its basically just a small bird that gets force fed, then drowned in Armagnac before cooking and then consumed whole, bones and all. Its traditional to cover your head with a cloth when you eat it, to preserve the aromas and to hide your shame from god. I've also heard that part of the intended experience is the inside of your mouth getting shredded by the bones so the taste of your own blood mingles with the bird.

Heres a clip of Jeremy Clarkson trying some https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8y4MS7mSzX8

Debunk This! has a new favorite as of 20:39 on Mar 19, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Debunk This!
Apr 12, 2011

TurboTax posted:

Well, we are talking about pretty much the most flavorless and uninteresting thing on earth. Although I do like the sparkling kind.

This is like saying air is too bland to breath if isn't filled with smoke or fumes. Could we get back to discussing actually weird food and not poo poo like tomatoes or loving water?

Scorpion pasties anyone?

Debunk This!
Apr 12, 2011

Rufus En Fuego posted:

From a couple pages ago, but the handmade ones are awesome. We have this giant outdoor swap meet here and every few hundred feet is a vendor selling Clamato and Bud. Practically every adult you see wandering around has one in their hand...at 9am.

But why does it have to be Budweiser? That stuffs piss and anyone who drinks it has no taste in beer.

At least they aren't ruining an actually good brand.

Debunk This!
Apr 12, 2011

Serendipitaet posted:

Duck Tongue!

I guess they're a fairly popular hot pot ingredient. They look a bit funny but taste fine, very little meat though.

I was served duck hearts at a bar and I was a little suspicious at first, but they were pretty tasty. They were like eating olives made of steak.

Its still a little weird to be served a bowl of entire organs that your supposed eat like finger food. Apparently they're good on toast too?

• Locked thread