Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Kaethela posted:

This lovely delicacy is Casu Marzu. It's cheese that's been infested with fly larvae. Fun fact, the maggots will actually jump out of it at you while you try to eat it.

That's Italian. :colbert: (e. you fixed it! gently caress huitlacoche though)

For an actual disgusting Mexican food, huitlacoche:

A delightful fungus that destroys corn but which can be sold for much higher prices than the corn itself. Goes great in tacos, I guess.

coronatae has a new favorite as of 21:44 on Mar 19, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Huitlacoche is supposed to have a complex, woody flavor so it probably isn't substantially different from any other gourmet mushroom. It's more the idea of eating this thing that looks like a diseased tumor and whose name may be Nahuatl for "sleeping excrement" or "raven excrement".

Content: the average meal in the Honey Boo Boo household

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KswWfq2drCM

Spaghetti topped with a "sauce" of ketchup and butter melted together in the microwave :barf:

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Rollersnake posted:

I've had Velveeta fudge, chocolate and peanut butter, at my girlfriend's (super whitebread) family gatherings. It's not bad. It doesn't taste like Velveeta. I just don't understand why you'd choose to make fudge that way, especially in this day and age. It seems like something that would have died out around the same time Jell-O salads did.

From what I understand, Velveeta fudge is a holdover from Depression-era cooking. I think it provided some of the oil necessary to get the texture right without making it taste weird.

Anyways, cuy:

A whole guinea pig :yum:

• Locked thread