Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cgfreak
Jan 2, 2013

BAKA FLOCKA FLAME posted:

What the gently caress are you talking about, that looks like a seriously normal pudding to me.

Reverse googling suggests it's a Finnish dessert called mämmi.

wikipedia posted:

Mämmi is made of water, rye flour, and powdered malted rye, seasoned with dark molasses, salt, and dried powdered Seville orange zest. The mixture is then allowed to go through a slow natural sweetening process before being baked in an oven until set. Preparation takes many hours, and after baking the mämmi is stored chilled for three to four days before being ready to eat. Mämmi was traditionally stored in small bowls made of birch bark called tuokkonen or rove. Finnish packaging still prints birch bark-like texture on the carton boxes.
Sounds pretty non-disgusting to me :confused:

Also, I believe this internet classic hasn't been posted yet :v:

e: forgot to quote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cgfreak
Jan 2, 2013

Okay so check out this poo poo here. In Dutch we call it kop which literally means "head" but it's also known as hoofdvlees (head meat), hoofdkaas (head cheese) and also some other less sensical names.
It was originally made because medieval peasants wanted to use every part of the pig, so it contains nice stuff like pig's ears, tails, feet, heart or even brains. Add some vegetables, press it together with a lot of force to make it more consistent and then you eat it for some reason. Oh yeah, it's also set in aspic, so it might look kind of creamy, but it actually has the consistency of jelly.

:stonk:

• Locked thread