Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
schwenz
Jun 20, 2003

Awful is only a word. The reality is much, much worse.
I'm totally on board with that Rueben dip poo poo.

Balut

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

schwenz
Jun 20, 2003

Bird's Nest Soup. Looks Delicious.

Made from Real Bird's Nests.

quote:

Made from the nest of a particular kind of cave/cliff swallow. The swallow secretes a substance from a gland (similar to a salivary gland) as an adhesive to bind twigs and leaves and such together to make the nest.

No longer seems as delicious.

schwenz
Jun 20, 2003

Ok, I was feeling kind of proud of myself that I felt I would try everything posted so far, but I think I'd have to draw the line at menstrual cookies.

And possibly chicken in a can.

schwenz
Jun 20, 2003

Dacap posted:

This is a "Sushiritto"

I like where this is going.
Sushi in American sized portions.

schwenz
Jun 20, 2003

Tytan posted:

Durian tastes a lot better than it smells, although I never thought the smell was that bad anyway. Pretty messy to eat though.

Here's a treat from Cambodia - fried tarantulas:

I've never tried one unfortunately, but apparently they just taste like soft shelled crab.

Has anyone eaten a large bug like this?
I'm just curious not about the taste but the texture.

Are they mushy or do they actually have a more dense meat-like texture to them?

I'm realizing that I have no idea of the inner-workings of the insect body. I've always pictured them filled with goo.

schwenz
Jun 20, 2003

Citizen Z posted:

They appeal to my simple can'o'soup casserole type up bringing.

My favorite can'o'soup casserole is
1 mac and cheese box
1 can of tuna
1 can of cream of mushroom soup

schwenz
Jun 20, 2003

Last year I went to a barbecue the Dominicans down the street were having and ended up drinking this stuff with the host.

mamajuana

Which was rum based, this stuff pictured above has a lot more Turtle Penis in it than the kind I had. But yeah. Turtle penis.

Can't imagine that's any kind of legal.

schwenz
Jun 20, 2003

Angry Diplomat posted:

Mamajuana basically means "snake oil created by putting a bunch of wood and bark and random assorted poo poo into a bottle, topping up with alcohol, and then letting it steep for a while." It's made in many places and each of them use different ingredients and claim different miraculous medicinal properties. My dad has a bottle of mamajuana at his bar but nobody's been insane enough to try drinking it yet. Considering it's been there like five years, I can only assume it's medicinal as gently caress by now.

The stuff I had was supposed to make your horny and verile.
We were hitting it pretty hard and people kept coming up, laughing, saying

"How you Feeling?!! HAHHA" nudge, nudge, wink, wink.

Drunk, I'm feeling drunk.

schwenz
Jun 20, 2003

Rollersnake posted:

"poo poo on a shingle, poo poo in the trees"

My god I love poo poo on a shingle.

schwenz
Jun 20, 2003

Bad for you does not equal gross. It's just bad for you.

schwenz
Jun 20, 2003

Alhazred posted:

gently caress Canada and all it's beavers. Poutine is a loving abomination and I'm surprised that anyone that eats it doesn't die of heart attack at the spot.

come on.

Is there ANY thread on this forum that is safe from people like you?
It's loving french fries for God's sake.

We've talked about eating Rotten Fish fermented in a dead seal's body and you decide to rage against loving French Fries?

gently caress.

schwenz
Jun 20, 2003

Honestly, this thread is more like the "Lots of crazy poo poo I'd like to try once" thread.

Here's a thing

Hudson Common, a trendy midtown eatery, is serving a grilled cheese sandwich with lobster and salted caramel. The Salted Caramel Angry Lobster Fatty Melt, as it's officially called, contains cheddar curds, smoked ricotta, gouda, two more types of cheddar, fromage blanc (a form of cream cheese), butter milk with chili-chipotle lobster salad and a salted caramel drizzle.

schwenz
Jun 20, 2003

I just noticed that the place is right up the street from my old apartment.

I moved out of Hell's Kitchen and it turned into a cool area like overnight.

I'm not sure how to take that.

schwenz
Jun 20, 2003

Call Now posted:

I don't get this thread. Why is it that anytime someone posts a picture of a monkey's scrotum filled with rear end cheese or some other disgusting poo poo someone absolutely has to post how he would eat it right now?

I'd eat the poo poo out of some rear end-cheese stuffed monkey scrotum.

right now

schwenz
Jun 20, 2003

I wish I would have taken a picture of this, but this guy is new at work and I haven't gauged his sense of humor yet.

I was in the lunch room yesterday and the new guy came in to make his lunch.
He had two ingredients.

Ingredient #1 Ramen noodles.
He cooked those up proper in the microwave. While cooking the noodles he prepared his "home-made" seasoning.

Ingredient #2 An entire bag of cheese curls
I watched as he brutally mashed up the bag of cheese curls into a fine powder.

Combine, stir, enjoy.

I'm not implying that I thought it was disgusting. I can't imagine that mashed cheese curls differs from Kraft cheese powder all that much.
But it was hilarious in it's ingenuity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

schwenz
Jun 20, 2003

What's weird about the cilantro thing is that I'm fine with parsley, also watercress leaves are awesome.
But cilantro tastes like soap. It's a very specific soap too, not ivory, it's got the taste of those stupid flowery smelling soaps molded into seashells that everyone's grandmother had.

• Locked thread