Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
Spoony's Counter Monkeys are all over the map. It doesn't seem to be a strict progression of "lately he's been getting lovely" either. I love them and will even watch 1-2 hours on some of them. I loved his rant about the stupid robe=alignment system in... Dragonlance I think? The story about the DMSO squirt guns was good, and his Lady of Pain videos were cool too.

But then sometimes he just decides he hates something and it's immensely tedious to listen to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Todd has a new take on a terrible artfilm Madonna was in.

The ending bit had me in near tears. Good stuff.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
I honestly thought spoony's video was fine, but maybe people here want to gently caress him and make him their waifu.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Nevermind that poo poo, this is more important!!!

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

I still love the fact that he joined the chat just to tell the players off, and left as soon as he was chewed out.

Jsor posted:

Spoony's Counter Monkeys are all over the map. It doesn't seem to be a strict progression of "lately he's been getting lovely" either. I love them and will even watch 1-2 hours on some of them. I loved his rant about the stupid robe=alignment system in... Dragonlance I think? The story about the DMSO squirt guns was good, and his Lady of Pain videos were cool too.

But then sometimes he just decides he hates something and it's immensely tedious to listen to.

Personally, I'm still of the opinion that his written Counter Monkey episodes are much better, as he is less rambling when talking.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:

Jimbot posted:

Nevermind that poo poo, this is more important!!!

I can only hope this means a very special samurai-themed BOTW is right around the corner.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

:stare: The gently caress? I've had fever dreams that made more sense than this.

I now want to see Todd review Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

SkeletonHero posted:

I can only hope this means a very special samurai-themed BOTW is right around the corner.

Fuckin better be.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
A random YouTube channel popped up in my recommended list called Every Frame a Painting and I subscribed after watching everything he had on his channel so far. He's got a really tight focus on the technical aspects of film making, like sound editing, shot cuts, composition, stuff like that, and makes for fascinating watching.

Here's his first video.

Here's the video I liked the most.

Give him a watch.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

SatansBestBuddy posted:

A random YouTube channel popped up in my recommended list called Every Frame a Painting and I subscribed after watching everything he had on his channel so far. He's got a really tight focus on the technical aspects of film making, like sound editing, shot cuts, composition, stuff like that, and makes for fascinating watching.

Here's his first video.

Here's the video I liked the most.

Give him a watch.
Thanks for the recommendation, I like those a lot.

Edit: except for Bay episode, it's actually physically nauseating :barf:

Forgall fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Aug 25, 2014

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
I hope you are ready for a double features of everybody's favorite crime-solving beach guardians:

http://blip.tv/OLPresents/baywatching-muddy-waters-7014863
http://blip.tv/OLPresents/baywatching-snake-eyes-7015023

Miss Wallace
Feb 24, 2013

The nights will never be the same. ARARARAR!
I don't want to spoil anything but there may or may not be a chase scene involving people running up water slides.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
NC reviews The Princess Diaries 2.

Jesus, even with NC's commentary that was hard to watch; Disney rarely makes good sequels but this was a special kind of bad. Everything about it is either unintentionally offensive or shameless pandering to it's target audience.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Miss Wallace posted:

I don't want to spoil anything but there may or may not be a chase scene involving people running up water slides.

For an instant I thought you were talking about BMX Bandits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsNjqh1MxiQ

Surprised that I haven't seen a review of this or Monster Squad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeZs0B0mjXY

Anyway, off to catch up on Baywatching! :neckbeard: Just the thing for what's been an irritating past few days.

Rebochan
Feb 2, 2006

Take my evolution

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

NC reviews The Princess Diaries 2.

Jesus, even with NC's commentary that was hard to watch; Disney rarely makes good sequels but this was a special kind of bad. Everything about it is either unintentionally offensive or shameless pandering to it's target audience.

Watched the review because even the first film was a loathsome experience for me - and I was a teenage girl when it came out. My friends and family just ate it up.

So learning that the sequel is worse isn't too surprising. The first movie also had a fake love interest, awful pandering values for girls to absorb, pointless "princess lessons" that were simply "Dress pretty and do useless things", and the inexplicable inclusion of villains that barely impact the plot. Actually, I'll give the second movie credit - at least John Rhys-Davies had something to do, even if it was largely pointless by the end of the film.

...okay, seriously, I don't get that subplot at all. Since the villains nephew ended up being her actual love interest and they're probably going to get married eventually, doesn't that technically mean the bad guy won anyway? It's not like he got arrested or anything AND he gets to goof around the palace for the rest of his life. Seriously, why was he so obsessed with unseating the princess when all he had to do was hook her up with his nephew?

...yea, I've always been sad Lindsey hasn't taken a torch to either of those movies.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

There's a new Errant Signal about Watch Dogs. He didn't like it. http://www.errantsignal.com/blog/?p=675

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Post edited, just double checked the rules, no twitter drama allowed.

Al-Saqr fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Aug 28, 2014

poparena
Oct 31, 2012

The newest Animorphs book review is up. It's the one where a couple of new Andalite characters show up, and the book WANTS you to think it's about disability when it's secretly about the most sugary-sweet gay relationship ever.

poparena fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Aug 27, 2014

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
We understand jontron say stupid crap on twitter, but can we focus on video's of internet critics and not twitter drama. it is a rule for the thread.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Al-Saqr posted:

Noooo JONTRON, NOOOOOOOOOOO

AND YOU WERE ONE OF MY FAVOURITES, TOO.

what HAPPENED?! what happened to the jontron we all loved!?!

oh the guy who said racist and homphobic poo poo in videos """"ironically"""" turns out to be a shithead. BIG SHOCK THERE.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Violet_Sky posted:

Welcome to the new Internet Critic Discussion Thread 2.0!

:siren:The rules: Read them or die.:siren:

-We discuss the critic's WORK, not their personal lives.

-Leave your :spergin: at the door. If you really have to discuss the details of a movie, game, or a piece of music that badly, take it to the respective sub-forum or just...don't.

-In the same vein, don't start political or religious debates.

-NO TWITTER DRAMA. This is not a Spoonywatch thread. Sometimes people say or do stupid things. This is not the place to discuss them.

just a reminder since i don't want a 2 page derail every time some moron who makes video's online is a rear end in a top hat.

If he had a video being a spaz like he is on twitter then it fair game, but until then just ignore the dumbass.

Cyron fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Aug 28, 2014

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Oh, I didn't read those rules, I apologize, will edit post.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
It's fine, jontron is a moron but we had 2 derails in the last month just due to him being dumb on twitter. it just get tiresome.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

People love gossip. Hey, did anybody manage to catch the AVGN movie by any chance?

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

ZeeBoi posted:

People love gossip. Hey, did anybody manage to catch the AVGN movie by any chance?

no, but i know doug did a review of it. i need to check it out.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yes we have very strict rules about discussing internet critics in this thread. Considering the guy basically rides on the image of him being the 'nice one' in GG's set up him being a crazy idiot may be worth laughing at.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Yes we have very strict rules about discussing internet critics in this thread. Considering the guy basically rides on the image of him being the 'nice one' in GG's set up him being a crazy idiot may be worth laughing at.

It's only worth laughing at if you dive deep into the dumbest loving nerd war to ever be fought on the fields of Twitter. You've got to stare deep into the abyss and only look away just before it looks back. That's where the Event Horizon of funny is in this. A situation where MRA's look like the sane ones for whole minutes at a time. Where those fighting the misogynistic hoards of slut shamers wistfully refer to how much more respectable ISIS is. Where people care deeply about the journalistic integrity of gaming news, and totally not because now there's sex involved. Where a 5000 word text dumb from a bitter ex is one of the most reasonable blogs/tumblers/tweets in the whole mess.

Pure madness where there are no winning moves, not even not to play. The comedy of the absurd laying just before madness.

Lets talk about SFDebris look at the 1980s V instead. I'm still not sure how I remember watching the miniseries before seeing as I was far to young to have watched it when it first aired. Maybe they showed it on SiFi back in the day between Forever Knight and The Incredible Hulk.

Gyges fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Aug 28, 2014

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Gyges posted:

Pure madness where there are no winning moves, not even not to play. The comedy of the absurd laying just before madness.

There a thread around with some of the more juicy quotes? I kinda don't want to dive into the deep end myself, but I'd love to poke at it with a ten foot pole.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

SatansBestBuddy posted:

There a thread around with some of the more juicy quotes? I kinda don't want to dive into the deep end myself, but I'd love to poke at it with a ten foot pole.

GBS. Maybe just scan through for the screen shots of twitter and the like.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.
New Best of the Worst. Animal Movies

That's a lot of Nukie on the shelf..

Stink Fuck Rob
Nov 22, 2006
I HAVEN'T BATHED SINCE DECEMBER 4, 2009. ARE U READY FOR A STINK FUCK????

Gyges posted:

It's only worth laughing at if you dive deep into the dumbest loving nerd war to ever be fought on the fields of Twitter. You've got to stare deep into the abyss and only look away just before it looks back. That's where the Event Horizon of funny is in this. A situation where MRA's look like the sane ones for whole minutes at a time. Where those fighting the misogynistic hoards of slut shamers wistfully refer to how much more respectable ISIS is. Where people care deeply about the journalistic integrity of gaming news, and totally not because now there's sex involved. Where a 5000 word text dumb from a bitter ex is one of the most reasonable blogs/tumblers/tweets in the whole mess.

It's actually not funny at all

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

If you're already disposed to be cynical it's pretty loving funny dude.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

PassTheRemote posted:

Everyone knows that if you're using a killer baboon you go with a Mandrill, even if it's not actually a baboon. Other baboons are just to monkey looking to be not cute.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/linkara/hopr/44503-hopr-power-rangers-operation-overdrive

Yay, and the next one is going to be during Christmas time. I have to agree this season was bad. And to be honest I thought that Rangers were supposed to represent good people as role models for the kids, not jerks who learned nothing about themselves or each other. I wonder how Linkara is going to feel about Power Ranger Samurai, that other show which a lot of people didn't like that much?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Ahhhh Python II, that takes me back to the days when Sci Fi would play those giant snake movies every Saturday. Then we got the Spider movies, then we had the Sabertooth tiger Jurassic Park movie, then we had the Frankenfish movies (due to a real life ecologic scare in the mid 2000s), then it was a whole poo poo ton of Killer Croc/Dinocroc movies, then it was mockbusters and now we we got a bunch of shark movies.

Also that movie with the killer Pterodactyls with Coolio is great, though lovely that they killed that nerd in the cabin.

achillesforever6 fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Aug 28, 2014

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

PassTheRemote posted:

They still want more, according to the recent Prev Recorded broadcast. And then Jay's slight ignorance as to what a Tanooki was, the idea of a Nukie suit came to being.

Kim Justice posted:

This may have been mentioned before, but it's a lil' under the radar - I've been watching quite a bit of Generation-16, Greg Sewart's Mega Drive chrongaming project. Latest video came out yesterday:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_v5EHqO153E

The only thing I'd say about these vids is that there's a bit less opinion on how the game actually plays than I'd want? But this is more than made up for by the amount of info Greg provides about the games, the system and the time. Just endless neat little bits of info I had no idea about...I'm not sure if there's anything he doesn't know, and there's probably nothing he wouldn't research and find out who to ask if he didn't know. Chrongaming videos are great though, it's the sort of thing I put on when I go to sleep. Kinda helps that they all have very chill voices, makes it kinda like ASMR at points...I'd still love to try my hand at one of my own, but where to go?

The Mega Drive is a console that on the public conscious on the US at least and Northern Europe didn't have as much respect, partly due to how it was marketed. It's still a bit heart breaking when you hear, let's say, VineSauce's Joel bemoan the soundchip for it despite doing a lot of Rock/Heavy Metal really well. ChronGaming videos are perfect for ASMR/dozing because Doctor Sparkle tends to put as little soundtrack as possible on his videos, whereas Greg just shoves songs here and there. The voice gives a slight different tone as well from Chrontendo, with Doctor Sparkle sounding like Scott Chesworth whereas Greg has a bit of Ryan Letourneau going on.

It's still honestly a worthwhile experience, with the Chrontendo seal of approval.

You have the "Let's shove all sorts of songs" thing going on, which makes some of the more stern vlogs a bit awkward. It gives like a

vibe ... you know what I mean?

Before folk get on my goat about joke stealing, that's from SwarthyVillian's Werner Herzog reacts to Buzzfeed folk tweets.

Kunster fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Aug 28, 2014

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Is anyone else having an issue with Blip when trying to watch a video? The player is permanently stuck in video loading mode at the bottom so I can't go forward or backward in the player. This is true in all browsers.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

It gets a bit odd with me: Advertisement playing pops in, blocking the slider, but the video otherwise plays on The Cinema Snob, but with Phelous it works alright.

You don't have Adblock up, right?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Nope, Blip is whitelisted. It's doing the same thing on every Blip video I've watched the last couple days. Except SFDebris for some reason.

No slider but the video keeps playing. So I've just been downloading the videos instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

PassTheRemote posted:

I hope the fun facts stuff becomes a staple, the final one was loving perfect.

• Locked thread