Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.

What I like about Joe, is, though it might have gotten him in some silly and unprofessional places sometimes, is that he wears his heart on his sleeve. When Joe is happy, he wants everyone to know it and gets all excited (of course, he's done the opposite with....mixed results).

Honestly, I'm not a massive fan of Angry Joe - I'd rather listen to Joe Vargas being himself and having fun and being honest and excited about things, rather than all the gimmicks and stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

OldMemes posted:

I'd rather listen to Joe Vargas being himself and having fun and being honest and excited about things, rather than all the gimmicks and stuff.

This right here is exactly why I love billymc.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xKBc7CVLvE
Here is the Rich Evan's prank call in all its glory btw

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

achillesforever6 posted:

knock knock

"HOLD ON THEY'VE COME BACK. I GOTTA GO SHOOT SOME GUYS."

Rich Evans is a god among men.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

achillesforever6 posted:

Rich Evans is the best

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
And to compliment that, here's a supercut of Mike Stoklasa hating ever film ever.

It just gets ridiculous near the end.

Mike: This was the worst film I've ever seen.
Jay: Oh, a new one? :v:

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Jay is my favourite.

poparena
Oct 31, 2012

Was asked to do a video on those old Simpsons shorts, wound up talking more about Tracey Ullman.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

surf rock posted:

Amazing:

His works were considered inspiration for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles comic book. Due to his interest in the subject of Japanese martial arts and his self-avowed affinity for pop sensation Vanilla Ice, Miller lent his creative talents for the lyrical poem that eventually featured as "Ninja Rap" in the second film of the titular franchise.

To be honest, I don't know what's funnier to me; the idea of Frank Miller writing/inspiring Ninja Rap, or Ninja Rap being unironically called a "lyrical poem."

Franco Potente
Jul 9, 2010

PassTheRemote posted:

Rich Evans is the best

For some reason, what makes me laugh hardest out of all of this is Rich getting the name slightly wrong at the very end of the call. :allears: Rich :allears:

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Rich Evans could laugh at my father's funeral and I would start laughing with him.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Well, speaking of Rich Evans and the RLM crew, Merry loving Christmas

The opening is just phenomenal. :allears:

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
No, the razzing of Rich Evans over the R5-D4 cock was the best. I'm still laughing at it.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Now, back to 9/11. :lol:

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
This is just GOLD. I can't get over just how loving insane this is. "This is all staying in"

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

That was amazing, I could listen to Mike's plodding, nonsense, go-nowhere stories about pointless poo poo forever.

But back on topic...

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Spoilers: There's going to be a part 2 with less Ishtar and more SWHS discussion. I can't wait for it.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I know it's a reference to last year's episode being so terrible, but the image of Rich Evans seeing a fully decorated tree, presents, and stockings, and going 'ooooh noooo' is basically perfect.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
Foldable Human wrote about 8chan. :nms:

https://medium.com/@FoldableHuman/the-mods-are-always-asleep-7f750f879fc

He needs some uplifting stuff, goons. :sympathy:

Violet_Sky fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Dec 23, 2014

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
I almost hope RLM never puts out part 2 of the Holiday Special discussion. A bunch of rambling filler is exactly the kind of discussion it merits.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Only Mike Stoklasa would bring up 9/11 apropos of nothing in a Christmas episode.

E: Oh god, poor Jack. He just looks so horrified as they just keep going with it. :allears:

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Dec 23, 2014

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I like where Mike disappears for no reason and they keep showing his empty spot when flipping to show Jay. It's perfect.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo

poparena posted:

Was asked to do a video on those old Simpsons shorts, wound up talking more about Tracey Ullman.
Thanks for this. I'm a huge Simpsons fan but very unfamiliar with The Tracey Ullman Show.

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

Anyone know why Yahtzee has discontinued his Let's Drown Out series?

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

That was amazing, I could listen to Mike's plodding, nonsense, go-nowhere stories about pointless poo poo forever.

But back on topic...

I almost wish they had shown the full trailer three times. Sometimes you can run a joke into the ground so hard that it manages to be funny again like when they actually showed the guy falling 20 times in that one Best of the Worst.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Josef K. Sourdust posted:

Holidays?

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

But back on topic...

That story was quite possibly the best part of the episode.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

http://redlettermedia.com/half-in-the-bag-the-hobbit-the-battle-of-the-five-armies/

The gifts keep on coming :allears:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Mr. Fowl posted:

That story was quite possibly the best part of the episode.

Jay: Why do I know your life stories better than you do?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

I disagree on that Jurassic World will be worse than JP3 it just can't get worse than that. :colbert:

heenato
Oct 26, 2010

We wish to communicate with you!

Josef K. Sourdust posted:

Yahtzee mentioned on the blog he never updates that it's a combination of the holidays and the format getting stale. So they're going to retool it and come back after the holidays.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

achillesforever6 posted:

I disagree on that Jurassic World will be worse than JP3 it just can't get worse than that. :colbert:

I know that they really just shouted Mike down from loving the idea of Chris Pratt on a motorcycle riding with velociraptors, but it really rules. gently caress the haters, you don't have a childhood.

KayTee
May 5, 2012

Whachoodoin?

heenato posted:

Yahtzee mentioned on the blog he never updates that it's a combination of the holidays and the format getting stale. So they're going to retool it and come back after the holidays.

I kinda hope he goes back to just yammering over full Let's Plays. I really enjoyed DreamWeb and Curse of Enchantica and Future Wars and Manhunter and, well, anything when it's just been him and Gabe yammering bullcrap over a full playthrough of a game Retsuprae style. The Drown Outs are fun, but seem unfocused.

also mummy and daddy were fighting in the last one :ohdear:

poparena
Oct 31, 2012

Well, this is the fastest turn over I've done on a video, like three hours total work, but I guess there's only so much you say about a cartoon dog farting. It's Reboot - In the Belly of the Beast.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Apoplexy posted:

I know that they really just shouted Mike down from loving the idea of Chris Pratt on a motorcycle riding with velociraptors, but it really rules. gently caress the haters, you don't have a childhood.

Yea also while the point should be the trailers show things, they've said in multiple interviews Pratt ISN'T buddy buddy with the raptors and they're more like barely trained dogs than dino-bros. I think they were a little hard on it, but in fairness not like JP has a stellar record.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I made the mistake of going back to watching Doug's old Double Dare review.

It was a mistake because that was two hours ago and I spent the time in between watching old episodes of Double Dare.

cubs2084
Feb 2, 2009
Is Cinema Sins trying to expand their brand lately? In the past month they've had a series of crossovers both ways with both the Cracked video crew and Nostalgia Critic.

prahanormal
Mar 8, 2011

heya /
I really want a Red Letter Media podcast.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Isn't that, effectively, what the Previously Recorded streams are, just with the vague pretext of playing video games? They pretty much talk about everything and they have the entire cast on the streams pretty regularly.

ACES CURE PLANES fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Dec 25, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

cubs2084 posted:

Is Cinema Sins trying to expand their brand lately? In the past month they've had a series of crossovers both ways with both the Cracked video crew and Nostalgia Critic.

Looks like it. It lead to poo poo like the first point here.

• Locked thread