Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

Zedd posted:

It's weird how this whole anti-woman thing is so vocal amongst nerds lately (it's always been bad though) because if you go to say a lovely meme website like 9gag around 25% of the posts will be either "bitches be crazy" or "feminazi's" and I really don't see actual feminism enough in real life situations.

Oh it always has been that bad. I think people have been noticing it more lately, but I remember that "zomg feminazis!" stuff being pretty easy to come by when I started visiting forums around 1998-99.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

OldMemes posted:

Todd keeps his movie talk quick and funny, explains the movie well, and it feels like he's giving it a decent analysis, without going into scene by scene breakdown.

For me, this is a big draw for Todd's work in general. He gets a lot of humor and insight into a 15 minute video. It's tough for me to get into the longer videos that some of the critics have been doing.

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

Cyron posted:

the issue with reviews is the mindset of how reviewers will give games a 7 as a bad thing.

Back in the day when I read Game Informer magazine, they did this (I'm sure they still do) and got a mailbag question about it. Their justification was that they were essentially grading on the same system as your report card in school. So, 9-10 is 90%-100%, so that's an A. 8-9 is a B. 7-8 is a C. 6-7 is D. Anything below 6 is F.

Not saying that's how I'd do it, but at least it makes sense when you put it that way.

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

OldTennisCourt posted:

When Todd does another list of hit songs from a random year, anyone got any choices on what year they'd like him to tackle? I'd love a look at 1994, there's some GREAT garbage rock and Ace of Base had 3 songs in the top 10! Oh and the king of guilty pleasure hits (I Swear by All 4 One )

I doubt Todd would put Ace of Base on a worst-of list. He seems to like that sort of thing. I think 1990 or 1991 might make more sense for him to do, with either year giving him an opportunity to bash on Vanilla Ice.

That said, I really can't help but thinking he's going to do 1998. He always seems to hint toward that year, and I think it has a lot of good targets for him.

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

Kunster posted:

Heck, the ET game people like to rail 's "landfill" ordeal was because they made far more copies than the number of stuff actually brought among other factors, not because the game was by itself bad.

For the record, the game was bad. (It was not the worst game ever made. It wasn't even the worst game on the 2600!)

• Locked thread