Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

He was talking about their editor Barry, I think. Still, that'd make grumpin' easier too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Zeether posted:

Someone mentioned it in the old thread, but Some Jerk With A Camera is pretty decent. He reviews Disney parks and while he does tend to whine a bit and his latest video on EPCOT might be way too padded he is pretty entertaining. http://blip.tv/some-jerk-with-a-camera

Some Jerk With A Camera is easily in my top three, even though I've never been to Disneyland/world and couldn't care less about theme parks in general. He's on the entire other end of the spectrum from the low effort, high volume stuff that gets torn apart here. He only releases a few videos a year, but they're all well researched, shot on location and extremely funny. I can even forgive the padding on the Epcot video since a lot of that padding is with Il Neige and I'd watch Il Neige read the phonebook :allears:

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

I was about to post that, myself. It reminded me a lot of the old Steal of the Century frontpage videos.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Maremidon posted:

It's such a weirdly formed and vapid argument that it probably comes from someplace real.

This should be The Bunny Perspective's tagline

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Benny the Snake posted:

So is he the long-haired neckbeard in the theme? That would explain so much.

The long-haired neckbeard in the theme is Tony Goldmark of Some Jerk with a Camera and I won't hear a word spoken against that show :colbert:

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Benny the Snake posted:

My appologies, good sir :tipshat: So who's the guy who has his hand up Phil the Bunny's rear end?

That would be this fellow

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

I only started watching Game Grumps because of Jon, and I hope he actually is leaving/taking a break since his scripted content is way funnier than GG.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

I'm just pumped that RLM has another Wheel of the Worst coming down the pipe, Best of the Worst (and especially the Wheel episode) has rapidly become my favorite thing they regularly produce.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Well, the Mightnight Screening for The Smurfs 2 is up and, uh,

:stare:

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Aw man that sucks :(

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Mokinokaro posted:

These are really good though I fear when she reaches nuWho (eventually.) She really seems to loathe the post-2004 seasons and her argument is mostly "it's different so it sucks."

I'd say her argument is more like "It's nonsense so it sucks." Half her complaints are usually centered around people/the Doctor acting out-of-character or like idiots for the sake of the story, and the other half being variations on "Did the writers even watch the old episodes they're cribbing from?" whenever New Who botches the canon (which is apparently often)

Or course I'm speaking as someone who has seen all of three episodes of Who, but she tends to do a good job of explaining her point in her Twatty New Who Reviews, even if her point sometimes does amount to "that monster's rubber suit looks all wrong."

edit: wow I'm way behind in the conversation here, points already covered

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

OrangeKing posted:

But it will ruin his swimming career!!!!!

He won't be able to stop swimming in circles!

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

nine-gear crow posted:

I've seen it pop up on my Netflix account a few times, particularly in the "Popular" section. (I dunno, are people joke-watching it like Doug and Lupa or something?)

I watched A Talking Cat!?! with a friend via their Netflix account. Apparently, 1) their recommend section is now flooded with lovely family films, and 2) I'm not allowed to pick movies to watch on their Netflix account anymore :smith:

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

A Halloween Puppy is great, insofar as it's just A Talking Cat!?! -- same cast, same house, same story beats -- but there's a puppy and it's aroud halloween

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

OrangeKing posted:

What I remember most from this film: someone trying to say "Necronomicon" but actually saying "Necromicon."

My most vivid memory of the film is the scene where the woman pets a dog outside while Eric Roberts narrates the dog's thoughts, or more specifically I remember seasons changing outside my window as the scene went on and on...

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Calaveron posted:

I like Seanbaby. Where does he even write now?

He wrote for Break for a few months at the start of the year, but he hasn't written anything since he released Calculords in February.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Metal band? Yes. Decent? Debatable.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

cubs2084 posted:

And for the record. Punisher: War Zone is WAY better than The Punisher. However great Thomas Jane is in the role, the first movie itself was a confused mess of inconsistent tones. It had one of the coolest damned fight sequences intercut with the ridiculous neighbors dancing to music and cooking. Followed shortly by a nasty torture scene that took itself totally seriously. You have John Travolta hamming it up, and this rather dark subplot about Travolta's number 2 man being a closeted homosexual that Punisher exploits in a rather nasty way. You have the ridiculous awesome of a make shift armored car and surprise switchblade gun, and gritty, uncomfortable violence. MAKE UP YOUR MIND, MOVIE.

I always thought that the last ten minutes of The Punisher would have been great if they were in a different movie. Preferably one made in the 80's starring Steven Seagal.

Punisher: War Zone, though, whoo boy. Now that's a two-fisted movie. If you've never seen it, it can be summed up in three words: God dammit Castle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QO4kg4YhJpA

Edit: I just remembered this Seanbaby blurb about this movie/scene and it's so goddamn perfect

Seanbaby posted:

The thing that makes Frank Castle so great is his simplicity. Not only does the audience immediately understand him, so does every character around him. When he's about to kill someone, they don't waste time with any pleading or disbelief; they know they're hosed. In Punisher: War Zone he throws a guy named Billy into a glass recycling machine. Now, if anyone else had done this, Billy would be screaming, "No ... this can't be happening!" or "Please! You don't have to do this!" Not with Frank Castle. Billy already knows he's getting ground into flux agent, so he skips immediately to "gently caress you, Castle! gently caress you! My FAAAAAACE!!!" See the difference? Those are last words worth a busy obituarist's time.

The greatest example of this comes later in the movie after an hour or so of truly deranged screenwriting. A woman and her daughter are being held hostage until tough cop Paul Budiansky (get it?) disarms the hostage taker. While Paul is calling for backup, The Punisher walks into the dining room, calmly picks up the little girl, and sublimates the prisoner's face with a shotgun. Even with police training, most cops would need a second or two to process what the screaming gently caress they just saw, but with Frank Castle, this kind of thing is more annoying than surprising. Budiansky is already done yelling, "GODDAMMIT, CASTLE!" before the guy's brains hit the ground. I honestly have no idea how the little girl keeps from laughing.

DoombatINC fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Jul 31, 2014

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

poparena posted:

Hey, remember when the Punisher reviewed The Room?

Good times, good times.

I'm the Vendetta Critic. I dismember it so you don't have to.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Robert Denby posted:

Also odd is that none of them have heard of "Space Mutiny" before.

During a live Previously Recorded show one of the RLM guys, I think it was Rich, talked about how they weren't MST fans growing up and, now that they professionally poo poo on movies, they've been avoiding the show explicitly to keep from spoiling terrible films they might watch later.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

The RLM guys are playing Mario Kart 64, featuring Jack, Josh, Jesse, and That Fucker Rich Evans

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Who could hate Rich? He invented the Wheel of the Worst, according to the most recent episode:

Jack: Who came up with the Wheel of the Worst?
Mike: That was that fffffucker Rich Evans!
(camera swings around to a fleeing Rich)
Mike: GET OUTTA HERE YOU FFFFFFFUCKER!

I hope we get more moments of Rich being shooed off set :allears:

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

cubs2084 posted:

I have no idea who that is or what a Samurai Cop is

Have you in the actual world alive not seen Samurai Cop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6gk04xzN3U

I almost envy your journey of discovery

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

cubs2084 posted:

That was the most awkward thing I've ever seen...

That's only because you haven't seen the other 94 minutes of Samurai Cop yet

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's one of my favorite We Hate Movies moments from one of my favorite episodes (MP3 link)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLHIif2E7IE

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

The latest Wheel of the Worst is great, but the previous one was legitimate magic. If you haven't seen it, you're in for quite the treat.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Cyron posted:

Mainly the references like the forklift song. but it nothing major.

Or Linkara routinely dropping in clips of jokes from MST3K in lieu of actually writing jokes.

edit: wow that sounded less bitter in my head

DoombatINC fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Sep 26, 2014

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

BigRed0427 posted:

Maybe highlight more of what they say rather than just make fun of their decor.

I dunno, I'd say the man having plastic skull replicas in more than one room of the house is hilarious

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

MikeJ watched the latest Baby Geniuses moive, and a few friends stop by!

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Mr. Fowl posted:

I am deeply disappointed that Jon Voight didn't make an appearance.

That's just what he wanted you to think!

*Moriarty pulls off his MikeJ mask to reveal his most cunning disguise yet*

Edit: dammit beaten to the joke :mad:

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Important information regarding both 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand and the works of MDickie can be found at ChipAndIronicus.com

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Tim and Eric, and their side projects Check It Out and Bedtime Stories, are probably the closest in tone and humor to Too Many Cooks. They're extremely divisive - some people hate them, I love them dearly. If you can find the episode "Jim and Derrick" it's a personal favorite and gets their ethos across perfectly.

Edit: spoiler alert, their ethos is "filled with contempt"

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

BigRed0427 posted:

Anyway, I just watched the Tim and Eric episode DoombatINC recommended. Ehh...I get what their going for but I didn't think it was that funny. I don't think I can really explain what it is without out sounding like a duche. It's not absurd enough I think? The only legit laugh I had was for the ad for the spooning caddy.

Actually, that's specifically why I requested that episode :shobon: Tim and Eric normally get a lot of heat for being totally loving absurd, but in the Jim and Derrick episode they don't go for jokes or really any attempts at humor. They just make a perfect simulacrum of an early 2000's MTV program, but in the most demeaning, condescending tone possible.

edit: added more videos because now I'm just sitting on YouTube productively watching Tim and Eric clips

DoombatINC fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Nov 19, 2014

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Hbomberguy posted:

Xavier Renegade Angel is the best show ever made. Watch it all several times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-q3bEuBUuU

Factest.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

12 oz Mouse is actual, legitimate genius. It's one of the better things we've done as a species.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Wow you're batting a thousand on wrong opinion having, Superjail is a wide awake nightmare in the most beautiful sense

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Brad might legally be a midget. I'd also hypothesize that he's two small children, with one riding the others shoulders to get into R rated movies, except we would have noticed that in the water park videos.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

BigRed0427 posted:

I love that Nu-Metal is in the trigger warnings.

Are you implying that the sweet sounds of musical powerhouse Ph8 could be found displeasing?

Also I can apparently remember the name of the Nu-Metal band that did the Postal 2 soundtrack with no prompting.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Marlamaid Swordhand posted:

Also what's the goon consensus on Blood Splattered Cinema? I saw someone mention him in the thread before and I thought I was going to hate him but he grew on me with his love of horror films, acting like the opposite of Phelous who is cynical towards them.
Blood Splattered Cinema's enthusiasm is adorable. He did a WTFIWWY recently alongside Count Jackula.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Red Metal posted:

Anyone find that sometimes random videos on Blip just won't load? I've had trouble with a few of Kyle's videos which just tell me "Sorry, we're unable to play this episode" and I have no idea whether it's on my end of Blip's.

It's Blip, I have that happen from time to time.

• Locked thread