Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

The Cult of Storms, if only because the campaign narrator (the character you play as) is a lot funnier than his counterpart in The Keepers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Dark Elf Brawler with Dominate and two points in Air Magic with one point in Life Magic.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Northern Trade Route, we won't be forced back into caves ever again.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Taerkar posted:

I've thought about hosting the music. They're in .it format, so where would be the best place to put them if it's allowed.

If you buy this game through GOG.com they actually have the soundtrack to the game available as a free download in the mp3 format, so that might solve your problem.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

my dad posted:

1 Sneaky Bastard :human being: - 62 points
3 Veteran Wolf Riders :black101::black101::black101: - 84 points
1 Goblin Shaman :okpos: - 26 points
1 Magical Axe :dota101: - 85 points
43 Gold :20bux::20bux::retrogames::retrogames::retrogames: - 43 points

Watching Halflings burn :supaburn: - priceless.

Voting for everything in this post.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

The Lizardmen and where you end up with them is super fun, so I'm going to have to vote for them.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

I'm voting for one water and one air spheres, we're really going to need the flying spell on the water-heavy maps, and the heal spell that comes from the first tier water sphere is worth it.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Play it normally, just make sure to keep Gorthak alive.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

2x Elite Goblin Wolf Riders
Elite Orc Warlord
Ring of Life

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

ArkInBlack posted:

Oh man, tough call will all these items. Wall Crushing on a hero can be amazing, but Extra Strike is pretty good too.

Gorthak the Black
Elite Lizardman Frog Rider
Elite Goblin Wolf Rider
Veteran Goblin Wolf Rider
Lizardman Frog Rider
Golden Scimitar
12 Gold

Gotta keep Gorthak's pack filled with plenty of fodder fine warriors and their mounts.

Voting for this combination

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Unless I'm misremembering if we don't take Gorthak we're not going to see him again (or at least not with his current skillset). He's been with us since the beginning, he should see us through to the end.

Gorthak
Elite Goblin Wolf Rider
Elite Lizardman Frog Rider
Elite Human Chvalier
Veteran Turtle Catapult
Enchanted Mace

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Gorthak
Staff of the Forest
2x Human Chevaliers
1 Human Muskateer

1 Air sphere and 1 Water sphere

Go with the Highmen. Vhendor has changed quite a bit since the first mission, but the one thing that has always remained consistent is his disdain for the undead. He also seems to have formed something of a reassessment of the Humans, if only from what company he keeps in his personal squad, and going with the Highmen would further that. We've passed the point at least a few missions ago where he would still want to serve Inioch, and taken with the previous point about the undead, the Highmen are the right choice here.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Taerkar posted:

It's finally over. And we've got a bit of a problem.

Gorthak is now a bit unhappy

If you mean his morale has bottomed out, get Bard Skills next time you level up, provided he hasn't left the party. Best solution I can think of.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

LordSloth posted:

If we migrate enough cities, not only will we make this mission more difficult, but we'd change our alignment to neutral or evil, right?

Actually, migrating can never change your alignment in the game, it can only damage your relations with the other races.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Gorthak, the Goblin Giant Beetle, the Human Chevalier and whatever else you feel would be good with the leftover points. Gorthak has been with us for so long it would just feel wrong not taking him all the way to the endgame, and besides, we can let him go and try out different heroes when you play the other paths of this campaign. If morale gets to be that much of an issue you should seriously consider getting Vheandor the Bard Skills trait.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Thomac, the Elite Elven Ranger, and the Lightning Shield, any remaining points I leave up to you.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Lynneth posted:

Take both Heroes
201 Gold to pay them.
That's 3 turns of getting things going before money is a problem.

Voting for this

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Orcs, we get another chance to take Gorthak to the endgame.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Change the money part of my previous vote to Elite Elven Ranger.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

All the heroes and the Elite Astra

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

When the time finally does come to write each ending for Vhendor, you should totally include something about what happens to Gorthak. Given some of the endings, what happens to him could actually be kind of funny.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

All the heroes and the Elite Astra

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

If anyone has been having problems running the AoW of Windows 7 64-bit (it kept crashing on startup for me), that's most likely because the intro movie and the opening menu of the game need the Indeo codec to run, which Microsoft doesn't support for Windows 7. The way around this is to install FFDShow-tryouts, open the ffdshow video decoder configuration, go to "Directshow control", click "Edit" next to "use ffdshow only in" and add the .exe files in the AoW folder in your Program Files (or wherever you've put in) to the whitelist. It might also be helpful to change to the "Multiple ffdshow instances" drop-down box to "no limitations". The intro movie and the opening menu should work fine after that.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Gorthak, 2 Wolf Riders, 2 Warlords, and more Wind is never a bad thing.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Two Elite Goblin Wolfriders, Two Veteran Goblin Wolfriders, the Shield of the Bog, and the Golden Scimitar. The remainder is up to you.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

KnoxZone posted:

Golden Scimitar
Bog Shield
4 Elite Wolf Riders

B. Let the loyal humans live

Voting for this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Pierzak posted:

Gorthak, Fakana the Hybrid, anything else.

Voting for this

• Locked thread