Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

QuasiQuack posted:

When did this happen? She's the reason I dropped the anime a few episodes in :argh:

I actually don't remember but I just suddenly realised I hadn't seen her for some time. Maybe the last time I remember seeing her was at the starting of the Mellow Cola arc?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

alkanphel posted:

I actually don't remember but I just suddenly realised I hadn't seen her for some time. Maybe the last time I remember seeing her was at the starting of the Mellow Cola arc?

You're right. They left her rear end riding the Giga Horses with Zombie. She only appears in filler/after-episode stuff now.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Rudoku posted:

You're right. They left her rear end riding the Giga Horses with Zombie. She only appears in filler/after-episode stuff now.

Oh yeah I think I saw her again for some filler episodes like the Shock Apples one.

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
Found the new chapter:

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/toriko/c231/

evilwaldo
Aug 2, 2004

@dcurban1: #FlyersTalk @28CGiroux and @Hartsy19 What do the C and A mean to you? We as fans expect more.Are you leaders or do you just make funny vids

@dcurban1: #flyerstalk @28CGiroux @Hartsy19 The A and the C are supposed to mean something. Leadership not stock quotes to reporters. Time to lead.

:catstare:

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.
Holy gently caress these fights are unreal. Zebra's and Setsuno's crazy faces make me grin so hard because I know people's (and Nitro's) shits about to get rocked.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Nitro have been hyped up over the course of this manga as legendary, insanely powerful end-boss level creatures.

Now Zebra is thrashing them like they're nothing. That should result in power creep complaints but I don't care at all because he's so goddamn awesome.

And he was still only the second coolest thing this chapter because OLD PEOPLE DEATH MATCH.

This manga is so food. I misspelled that but I stopped autocorrect from fixing it because, hey.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Well our impression of the Nitro was back before they learned Food Honor plus extra training. Plus they're like the normal in the Gourmet World so if the story is going to move into there, the Heavenly Kings should be able to beat the 'normal' Nitro now. But I'm sure there are much more powerful ones there. And if they're going to play a role in the story, there would be 4 factions now in the story.

Also Setsuno is scary!

Cody Banks
Mar 7, 2013
I'm loving Toriko so much right now.

Zebra and Setsuno are about as badass as it gets.

Milksteak
Dec 1, 2002

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Nitro have been hyped up over the course of this manga as legendary, insanely powerful end-boss level creatures.

Now Zebra is thrashing them like they're nothing. That should result in power creep complaints but I don't care at all because he's so goddamn awesome.

And he was still only the second coolest thing this chapter because OLD PEOPLE DEATH MATCH.

This manga is so food. I misspelled that but I stopped autocorrect from fixing it because, hey.

I don't see the power creep issue. Honestly, when the manga started and Toriko was having trouble with level 30 creatures, he and the 4 kings were still world famous. Now Zebra has several unmeasurable gourmet world items on his menu. There are probably 50 beings in the entire 100 billion person universe of Toriko that can enter the gourmet world and fight the creatures there. Considering that Zebra and Toriko killed a nitro when they were in gourmet pyramid, I don't think that it's a stretch that he can fight off 3 now.

I don't think Setsuno is going to make it. The bad guys have already lost Tommyrod and the Goatguy so IGO has to lose something too. Would be pretty awesome if Jiro came to the rescue in giant form, stepping over the stadium and just stomping people.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
This chapter was amazing.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
What I find awesome about the world of Toriko is that somehow being the maker of the world's strongest pots qualifies you as being a super-badass superhuman. And it's completely plausible in the context of the story, so we just roll with it.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Dude probably molds them from the impregnable shells of the capture level: immeasurable nautilus giraffes using his bare hands.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Apr 24, 2013

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
I'm waiting for the danger levels in OnePunch Man and capture levels in Toriko to converge. Also, I'm pretty sure Setsuno is going to kill all of us in our sleep.

Milksteak
Dec 1, 2002

DrSunshine posted:

What I find awesome about the world of Toriko is that somehow being the maker of the world's strongest pots qualifies you as being a super-badass superhuman. And it's completely plausible in the context of the story, so we just roll with it.

That's the weird thing. Here are our facts:
1) Anyone capable of entering the gourmet world has gourmet cells.
2) Cells are implanted; failure to adapt may lead to death.
3) Not all members of the 0th are members of the IGO; have other jobs in the human world.

Questions:
1) What organization governs gourmet cell implants?
2) How do you identify individuals for implants?

It's probable that 0th biotope personnel became the best astrologist, knife sharpener, potter, librarian etc. in the world as a direct result of gourmet cell implants.

Milksteak fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Apr 24, 2013

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
Holy gently caress, that chapter!:catstare:

Zebra's fight is just amazing so far, he blew the loving flesh off of that Nitro's bones, I mean Holy poo poo man!

Then Setsuno's fight, the sense of movement conveyed and the fight choreography are just superb, then the look on her face at the end. :magical:

Madoushi
May 9, 2003

Some days, you just get up on the wrong side of the bed...
The best part wasn't the fighting, it was that Zebra yells 'You're in the way!' and a billion people fly away without even realizing it. :allears:

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.
I am soooooo pumped to see how completely insane Coco's and Grinpatch's fight is going to be since the fights so far have blown my expectations out of the water.

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

The only think I could say was "Mother of God" for this chapter.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I kinda wonder if this manga ever traumatizes the kids who try to read it on occasion. This stuff is still meant for tweens/teens and looks it like half the time with the non-nonsensical character designs and wacky food puns/fart humor.

Then a fight starts and people get their heads exploded into goo and their flesh blasted from their skeletons by spectral knives.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

How exactly does a voice machinegun work?

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom

Terror Sweat posted:

How exactly does a voice machinegun work?

*pew pew pew pew pew*

Really fast.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

op187gb posted:

It's probable that 0th biotope personnel became the best astrologist, knife sharpener, potter, librarian etc. in the world as a direct result of gourmet cell implants.

:nws:http://oglaf.com/gifted/

edit: The page I'm linking isn't :nws: but pretty much everything else on the site is though

Wrist Watch fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Apr 26, 2013

The_Angry_Turtle
Aug 2, 2007

BLARGH

You just spoiled Grinpatch's origin story you rear end in a top hat

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

No update, but this is I found this pretty relevant

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

Why am I just hearing about this webcomic?

Also, amazing.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

New Chapter

Setsuno is loving scary and Toriko is washed out?!

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

glassyalabolas posted:

Setsuno is loving scary and Toriko is washed out?!

Didn't see that coming tbqh.

It seems that compared to Zebra, Toriko is still a second rate combatant, or it is merely that all 5 of Zebra's opponents were nowhere near on the level of Star Jyun

I also enjoy that Zaus' attack is so powerful, that future children would be born with the scar assuming the parent were to survive the attack. Almost seems redundant.

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
Holy shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

This chapter was really awesome. So much is going on right now.

MegaCharger
Jul 12, 2006
Animate

Seebach posted:

Didn't see that coming tbqh.

It seems that compared to Zebra, Toriko is still a second rate combatant, or it is merely that all 5 of Zebra's opponents were nowhere near on the level of Star Jyun

I also enjoy that Zaus' attack is so powerful, that future children would be born with the scar assuming the parent were to survive the attack. Almost seems redundant.

Star Jyun is obviously far above the level of the mooks Zebra took care of. At the one meeting with all the chef he was able to get all the other chefs to STFU with one smack on the table. But since Toriko is the secondary main character after Komatsu, he will get his poo poo together and punch his way to victory right after. We're not going miss out on the main guy's fight.

I like how it's not just the few high end chefs who have defected to Neo, but some of the other lower tier chef as well. And with the introduction of this Joa guy who supposedly cooks better than Setuno even though he broke rules, we are well on our way to an awesome 3 side free for all. I just hope we get to have another large battle in the future in the gourmet world, where it's a proper 1v1v1.

And good riddance to Chiyo, I never thought she's on the level of Setuno.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Joa's been around for a while, but this is the first time we find out just how big a deal he is. He's been dicking around the place ever since Livebearer's arc

jackymc
Mar 30, 2010

Mr. Maltose posted:

Joa's been around for a while, but this is the first time we find out just how big a deal he is. He's been dicking around the place ever since Livebearer's arc

Yeah, I was wondering why the author did the super-mystery-shadow-silhouette that's usually reserved for unseen characters even though he's clearly been shown to us before

MegaCharger
Jul 12, 2006
Animate
Re-reading the previous chapters on Joa. there is no way he's just the head chef, it's probably a front for him to gather resources while he lead the evil rich guys to build their underground empire. Guess now we have three godly guys each leading a powerful organization, all going for GOD. Should be fun.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Huh, I always figured that Joa was secretly Frohze who faked his own death for bizarre food-related reasons.

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

Serious Frolicking posted:

Huh, I always figured that Joa was secretly Frohze who faked his own death for bizarre food-related reasons.

This was what I was speculating as well. There isn't a shrine or anything dedicated to Frohze, he just suddenly vanishes.

I also think that they used the silhouette for Joa's image because its a reminiscence of Setsu.

THE OLD PEOPLE IN THIS MANGA ARE OLD!!!!!

I can't even fathom how old the Neo guys really are.

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang
Great chapter. Space cooking Apollo :smith: At least he didn't kill everyone he was hanging out with.

I would like to discuss the beauty that is This Page for a moment.

The first thing I noticed was obviously all the rad new outfits our heroes are getting, But looking closer you see that Zebra gets a sweet flaming skull and crossbones leather jacket. Then moving down to the cosplay area, the guy actually looks like Umeda, but why him of all characters? The Komatsu costume is just a normal chef outfit, but his nose? What the hell? Mansam costume is great though.

Edit: Reading again, Zaus talks about God and a new goal, "the place we seek." With Space cooking Apollo leaving, Mahmai Moi being a key part in Neo, and that recent space trip he went on with Komatsu's friend who hasn't had any key plot points yet, I'm willing to bet there is some super outer space food planet that Neo is after.

Batmasterson fucked around with this message at 15:38 on May 9, 2013

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom

Batmasterson posted:

I would like to discuss the beauty that is This Page for a moment.

I'm not a fan of Toriko's reverse coloring there. Luckily the manga's in black and white so it's nothing I need be concerned with, but it does look ugly.

Mountain Lightning
Aug 8, 2008

Romance Dawn For
The New World!

antavila posted:

Yeah, I was wondering why the author did the super-mystery-shadow-silhouette that's usually reserved for unseen characters even though he's clearly been shown to us before

Because we haven't seen his face yet. It was Setsuno recalling him and she doesn't know he has the mask on.

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!
Rampant speculation but going to spoiler none the less I guess this means that at some point all of Acacia's disciples will get back together and fight against Joa and his faction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

So what is cooler? An attack that scars your GENES THEMSELVES or the fact that Setsuno regenerated from that? Good on them to show the absurd powers of the NEO guys, want to see how the split 3-way war will work out. Also... Does anyone knows what the Taster Bishokukai woman has done? Her power is absorbing attacks, fermenting and returning them back, i guess?

• Locked thread