Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I put that on the OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Can Of Worms posted:

My first thought when reading the chapter:

Toriko - How many breads have you eaten? 985,962, to be exact.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Toriko after eating god: "Hmm tastes like komatsu"

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Can Of Worms posted:

My first thought when reading the chapter:

A good thought

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

I wonder if the two other Demons are actually Acacia and Froese's original appetites.

Beyond that, I'm wondering what's their purpose and whether they'll actually come out fully.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

alkanphel posted:

Beyond that, I'm wondering what's their purpose and whether they'll actually come out fully.

I'm sure they're both very hungry by now.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

the angel demon is just casually playing around with acacia's ripped off hand

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Terror Sweat posted:

Oh that's what that was? I thought he was just motioning to hurry things along, lol, that's hilarious.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it was always inevitable that the last battle of toriko would be a bunch of muscle men trying to eat each other

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

WE now need to maintain an accurate mealcount for toriko, how many more times will he eat before the manga ends?

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
You know it's a crazy chapter when Frozhe sending off her placenta on a boat doesn't even get mentioned once in the thread

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

dragon enthusiast posted:

You know it's a crazy chapter when Frozhe sending off her placenta on a boat doesn't even get mentioned once in the thread

that is like the least crazy explanation for why a woman who died centuries ago has two kids in their 30's.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

dragon enthusiast posted:

She goddamn ripped out her entire womb.

This origin story is downright Olympic. Especially With KronosAcacia wanting to eat his kids.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Does this mean Midora, Ichiryuu, and Jirou are technically Toriko's brothers??? RIP the latter two though... :smith:

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Silento posted:

Does this mean Midora, Ichiryuu, and Jirou are technically Toriko's brothers??? RIP the latter two though... :smith:

I would say that yes, they are a family.

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

Terror Sweat posted:

The reaction Acacia had earlier to that Demon is about to come full circle for what it is that spooks him so much.

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008

Terror Sweat posted:

I was trying to figure what that was out and holy poo poo

Thunderbro posted:

this dude's an underappreciated genius, only mitsutoshi could combine such a tribute with the revelation that toriko very much waxes his eyebrows

Thunderbro fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Sep 16, 2016

ANIME AKBAR
Jan 25, 2007

afu~
This chapter was cool except that Toriko apparently ate god but it was horribly anticlimactic.

Terror Sweat posted:

That was easily the most confusing panel in the whole chapter for me. I thought he was clapping with it or something.

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang

ANIME AKBAR posted:

This chapter was cool except that Toriko apparently ate god but it was horribly anticlimactic.

That was easily the most confusing panel in the whole chapter for me. I thought he was clapping with it or something.

I believe that the God and Center that Toriko ate, and everyone has eaten to this point, have not been fully prepared. They still provide amazing benefits on their own, but I'm welling to bet Komatsu will unlock the true flavor of both.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Hey, so, it was Zebra who was protecting Komatsu inside God somehow, right? With his sound bullshit or whatever? With Zebra being unconscious and all, does that mean his protection's gone too?

I mean, Komatsu's almost definitely fine despite whatever, but I just realized this and now it's bothering me, even though it's not even the weirdest/most nonsensical thing happening lately.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
this fight is just gonna keep going on until komatsu does something

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Roland Jones posted:

Hey, so, it was Zebra who was protecting Komatsu inside God somehow, right? With his sound bullshit or whatever? With Zebra being unconscious and all, does that mean his protection's gone too?

I mean, Komatsu's almost definitely fine despite whatever, but I just realized this and now it's bothering me, even though it's not even the weirdest/most nonsensical thing happening lately.

Luckily for him, all food luck in the universe seems to emanate from komatsu.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Toriko dropped a day early, y'all!! Check it out!!

http://mangastream.com/r/toriko/388/3684/1

:bubblewoop::bubblewoop::pusheen::vince::grin::buddy:

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
DBZ ain't got nothing on this poo poo.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

I want Toriko Space to happen.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Toriko dropped a day early, y'all!! Check it out!!

http://mangastream.com/r/toriko/388/3684/1

:bubblewoop::bubblewoop::pusheen::vince::grin::buddy:

He finally did it. He punched a man so hard he circumnavigated the planet.
This is why I keep reading Toriko.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST
It's beautiful, it's everything we ever wanted.

Mostly I'm just happy that Bambina is okay. Ukii!

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
My money is on everything wrapping up at chapter 400

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

This is the best manga I've ever read about cooking a giant frog and punching someone around/through the world.

KittenofDoom
Apr 15, 2003

Me posting IRL
I'd like to think the author brought back Bambina after receiving dump trucks full of fan hate mail.

I'm happy either way :D

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

The Whale king is ok! and he can maybe get a new hat!

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

AtomikKrab posted:

The Whale king is ok! and he can maybe get a new hat!

I hope eating :frog: will give him a new hat.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the ones without successors are okay, except we haven't heard anything about terry and the other battle wolves in a while.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
Chapter 389 is out.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Serious Frolicking posted:

the ones without successors are okay, except we haven't heard anything about terry and the other battle wolves in a while.

:ohdear:

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!
I know Toriko has always been a crazy manga, but jeez, latest chapter really went all the way off the rails.

You'd think that Neo's hated flavor would be Hope or Determination or Friendship, not anger

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

dazoner posted:

I know Toriko has always been a crazy manga, but jeez, latest chapter really went all the way off the rails.

You'd think that Neo's hated flavor would be Hope or Determination or Friendship, not anger

Puts what Acacia said to Midora last chapter in perspective, though.

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang

dazoner posted:

When you are too angry, you don't have time to feel despair.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

dazoner posted:

This would be a valid response to the last couple hundred chapters, give or take a few.

quote:

If despair is cowering in a corner having lost all hope, anger is the beast lashing out in all directions with pure survival instinct.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

dazoner posted:

Those emotions are what lead you to despair. They are the grapes that ferment and become the finest wine of despair.

• Locked thread