Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!

Serious Frolicking posted:

He had bugs living inside him. So, they were probably eating each other and making GBS threads in his stomach. Tommyrod had some really, really weird gourmet cells.

Cocos are also pretty ridiculous. Excreting poison from every orifice? He might be the only person who could outfart Zombie Zonge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

Kung Food posted:

I doubt it, he is way too loving cocky. Also nobody steals from Komatsu's muscle harem. Nobody.

Komatsu will make a heartfelt plea to them both after this is all over to combo up for the sake of the world or something and they'll do it. They'll really do it for Komatsu

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

Liar posted:

It seems like the human world is going to be left pretty hosed. The IGO is destroyed. It's best chefs have been kidnapped. The most powerful guys who could save them are off fighting level 500 radishes in the Gourmet World. And who even knows what the gently caress the new group of guys are up to... aside from just murdering the poo poo out of everyone.

I now want to see a capture level 500 radish.

I don't see the human world being hosed as much as i see it just being ignored and the story moving into the gourmet world. At a certain point, everyone will be powered up to the point where outside of the occasional rare food, nothing in the human world will matter too much.

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

Seebach posted:

I'm expecting Toriko to bust out the food memory that he got from Livebearer on Starjyun, which is the missing memory of the food he is searching for.

Chapter 144 and Chapter 170 for references, though I might just be looking too far into something that isn't actually there

You are. Toriko didn't take any food memories from Livebearer. He was disgusted by the whole notion of it. Coco didn't either, Livebearer just told him what he wanted to know.

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

Terror Sweat posted:

Yes he did. In chapter 171 he said he wanted a memory, then it cut to the scene where the president meets the Bishokukai.

Oh wow, you're right. Now i'm curious as to why he wanted that memory and how he knew about it.

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

Well, episode 101 might be the funniest episode of an anime i've ever seen. Booze islands + dodurian bomb. As always, Zombie kills it

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

international owl day posted:

Imagine the powerup after Toriko and Komatsu actually have sex.

This is a dark dark road we should not venture down.

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

Kung Food posted:

Maybe. Then again the whole, "I used to be totes evil, but now I'm not so lets be friends" plot point is super common in anime.

He could also be the bishokukai mole for NEO.

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

Liar posted:

I wonder how long until we get an arc where Tommy bursts out of Sani's chest like an alien. Seriously, I think this could happen.

It would be pretty sweet if tommyrod laid eggs in him to hatch at a later date. He was such a good villain

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

Whatever happened to that cookbook that Komatsu found in the gourmet temple with all this poo poo about cooking humans? With Joa now cooking people i hope it comes back into play. Now that he's mastered Food Honor he might be able to read it now?

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

alkanphel posted:

Yeah the Batoto ones is fixed but those on the other sites still seem to have that page missed out.

But drat I wonder how powerful Jirou really is. We know the Nitros are already very powerful, and now they're supercharged but Jirou just flicks them to death casually.

As powerful as midora and ichiryuu since he's the third acacia disciple. Where his allegiances/motives lie is another question altogether.

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

Am I the only one who thinks "frohze isn't the real one of legend? I'm guessing someone found knife and is impersonating her. If not, it opens the possibility of Acacia still being alive right? Considering the ridiculousness of people skills "oh hey, lets just knock the entire planet", its not that much of a stretch to think acacia is still alive and kicking at this point.

On another point, i'm curious why all their pets went to jirou and showed up with him.

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

poo poo Starjun awakened his Jagan eye.

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

Scott Bakula posted:

Has Toriko actually won a fight against a member of the Bishokukai yet?

Tommyrod in ice hell is the closest outside breaking some gt robots.

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

The scope of the power levels never ceases to baffle me and i love it.

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

Seebach posted:

So Midora can taste.

Could

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

Seebach posted:

You thought other manga characters ate a lot? Midora probably has pluto-size bowel movements at this point.

I've said it before and i'll say it again. I want a fluff chapter dedicated to the plumbing systems of this universe. Yes i realize the answer is probably "gourmet cells consume every bit of nutrients, even stuff normal humans can't use" therefore they don't have any. But still, i want poop jokes.

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

I'm sure all the ingredients he brought back are easy to prepare, but it would crack me up if he showered all special prep ingredients all over the world and made the situation even worse.

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

Brought To You By posted:

This really is a short-term plan until they can get the ecosystem back into balance through gourmet-magic. The billion bird seems to only be able to breed through a specific environment and fear. Given how blasted out the rest of the human world is, and that the billion bird has no natural predators to incite fear it should only be able to reproduce as long as humans need it too.

The real mission now is making it tasty enough for people to accept into their diets.

There are 30 billion hungry predators for the newly introduced, and literally, only food source in the entire human world. Also, they literally say " give birth under any conditions in any environment", so don't know exactly where you got that part from.

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

Shugojin posted:

The basic problem I think is that the power (err, flavor?) creep has rendered the early stuff on Toriko's Full Course like Rainbow Fruit kinda boring by comparison.

The way I see it is his full course depicts his growth as a hunter.

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

KoB posted:

The Nitro will cook Toriko his full course, which when eaten will give Toriko the memories of his lifetime.

That would be plausible and awesome. I'd love to see granpappy nitro cook like a boss

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

glassyalabolas posted:

spoilers ahoy

6. All of a sudden, Starjun gets up, "blossoms" and gets his rear end kicked again.

His jagan eye activated, and it does absolutely nothing

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

ANIME AKBAR posted:

Pretty sure Center was the necromancing ingredient. On one hand it would be neat if Toriko was actually dead for a while, but on the other hand coming back from the dead is a bullshit mechanic I hope we never see in this manga.

On the plus side, if we do ever see it, we know it will be delicious.

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

antavila posted:

I really liked it last week when he got wrecked by Heracles. It showed just how big of a gap it is between him and basically an animal God, so I'm a little upset that Toriko not only got revived out of nowhere but he got an insane power-up that lets him connect a punch. Shits whack yo'

All heracles has done is snort in torikos general direction, and toriko got enough of a powerup to brush off heracles exhalation and sucker punch the horse. He's nowhere near the strength needed to do anything other than survive long enough for carrerrroo to get back now that komatsu has cooked air.

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

this is like the gourmet world version of that black technique knife healing stuff, but way way more hardcore. I wonder if they are going to go on a quest to find komatsu's heart before he dies. Also, i'm curious what being will awaken in komatsu, since i doubt chefs get appetite demons.

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

Great chapter. Mostly because there are were bug users like tommyrod. Maybe we'll get more creepy bug mayhem in the future. I'm holding out that tommyrod has a master somewhere in gourmet world that's even creepier and makes even better faces.

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

Shugojin posted:

Not always? The Shining Gourami had a really high capture level, but that was just because you had to get through the bigass waterfall to find it. The fish itself was really weak.

Didn't melk stardust also have a high capture level, but was literally a rock in the ground that was just super tough to get to?

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

Shugojin posted:

I'm hoping that Bambina murdered them into a literal netherworld where they'll find Komatsu's spirit or some poo poo.

I like this idea. I've always thought that going against the kings so fast was stupid for the story, as they have no chance against them. Even awakening an inner demon toriko only got one punch in. I'd rather have more adventures in gourmet world battling neo for poo poo than getting clowned by kings in a single page.

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

In the flashback page, I wonder who the dude is in the top middle of the page?

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

Seebach posted:

Did anyone else notice that Toriko still has only one arm from when it was ripped off by Bambina?

I thought this was odd as well.

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

So i just realized how they are going to fix komatsu. Or at least i think this will happen. When Toriko grabs the king's junk, he got a brief glimpse into that other space or whatever that Teppei used to take Komatsu's heart. Thats why there was a big heart outside that ring when he grabbed it. I guess eating/smelling/whatever they are going to do with his nuts will give Toriko the ability to cross into that nether space and retrieve Komatsu's heart, rather than having the ingredient regrow it like we've seen before. I'm not sure if that was obvious, but it just hit me the second time i read it.

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

Reiche posted:

Butt bugs and giant old man face skin anyone?

Don't forget butt salt

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

At this point capture levels might as well go out the window. People can stun the entire planet, single swings of arms destroy satellites from the ground, hearts can be pulled from living bodies into nether worlds.

Granted, levels are for animals not people, but with this power creep, numbers seem to be quickly lacking the ability to describe animals strength in the gourmet world. Were on our 2nd king already, and "unbeatable" blue nitro to come. I just don't see how the current system stays relevant due to the ridiculous power creep

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

pentyne posted:

No way, they have a few centuries to go to even start to be at that level.

Until on of acacias menus speeds up time or some poo poo as a pet power up. I mean, if they want them to be useful they will have to get a big power up at some point.

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

This manga is so ridiculous I don't think anything will shock me. If you told me this ends with Toriko eating the entire universe, with every creature being a willing sacrifice, and then poops it out big bang style to dawn a new gourmet utopia I would believe you no questions asked.

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

Seebach posted:

My guess - Derous flesh.

Wouldn't they recognize a bit of the dragon king though? I mean, i know each of them have never seen one in person but they should have the instinct to recognize one of the 8 kings. I'm baffled, but I don't think its a chunk of Derous.

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

Refresh my memory. Guemon and the other dude were loyal 0th biotope members right? If so, that means the president should also be in negative space somewhere since they were killed at the same time?

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

Now i'm just wondering if other planets have full courses and this goes full on gurren lagan.

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

ANIME AKBAR posted:

Though I think Zonge is going to be the one getting "trained"

If he ever gets gourmet cells we all know how they got there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

Deliciouscesium posted:

(like having a disco ball effect where the different amounts of colored lights reflected indicates it's nutrient configuration).

I'm legitimately surprised we haven't seen this yet. Maybe that gourmet DJ will come back and he'll have to spin some bitchin tunes to cook.

God I love this series.

• Locked thread