Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KoB
May 1, 2009

Perigryn posted:

"You're Already Fed"

Definitely this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoB
May 1, 2009

Roland Jones posted:

Well, that was more of an initial impression, really. World of weird monsters and ridiculously strong "Hunters" running around and all that. Though it is sort of reminding me of early HXH still.

Also man this translation is so bad. Using pluralization and ignoring it arbitrarily, repeating the same thing between speech bubbles, mixing up words so you can only make sense of the sentence by unscrambling it, mixing up millipedes and centipedes (and other things, this is just the latest example), constant typos... Please tell me this isn't a constant thing. Reading two hundred chapters of this is going to melt my brain.

Manga itself seems great, though. Ten chapters in at this point.

Edit: Man, the monster levels inflated fast though. That huge crocodile was a 5 and built up as a big deal that the main guy might not be able to handle, and now there's already double-digits being thrown around.

No, it starts off shaky but a real translation group picked it up eventually.

KoB
May 1, 2009
I dont even understand how powerful people are supposed to be anymore. Just like an arc or two ago it took Toriko everything to do like a double 36 nail punch and now hes making suits of god drat armor out of hungry and literal knife laser beams made of hungry and like 70x nail punch over and over.

Pretty soon Toriko is gonna eat the whole world and we'll be like "that makes sense".

KoB
May 1, 2009
He also DEFINITELY gets more screentime than the others. The only time the other kings are even in the plot is when Toriko is also around, and Toriko has his own arcs with just Komatsu. I dont know how anyone could argue that the kings all get equal screentime.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Sani straight up ate a dude.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

Comparing Sani/Tommyrod(:smith:) with Babies used as food for what is essentially 'livestock' is well... :shrug:

Im just talking about the cannibalism. Eating animals that eat people is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay different that straight up eating people.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Mr. Maltose posted:

This is a world where salt comes in butt form, for all we know humans are the most nutritious thing in the universe.

Its canon that theyre not very good though.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Shugojin posted:

This is amazing. Absolutely goddamn amazing.

Also I love the old hermit nitro.

I love the idea of him just chillin' in his little hut while Zebra was blowing up everything around him.

Also, the Dragonball style marriage is great.

Lets get married.
ok :geno:

KoB
May 1, 2009

Nahxela posted:

Through the transcendent communication of love for food. And muscled men.

The Nitro will cook Toriko his full course, which when eaten will give Toriko the memories of his lifetime.

KoB
May 1, 2009

unprofessional posted:

I read it as Dapper Frog was real, got sucked up by illusion fog, and is now dead. Funny, floating, fat face dude isn't getting enough attention!

The real D. Frog wouldnt have let himself got hit with the laser, thats why Toriko brings it up.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Alopex posted:

And I think the dude that fixes the best arms is out doing important IGO stuff as it is.

Isnt he a badguy now? So much poo poo happened in that arc that I have no idea.

KoB
May 1, 2009

TNG posted:

Horse meat ain't that great, even if you're a multi story tall meat muscle horse that can inhale the entire Atlantic in a single breath.

I dont think you've read this manga.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Xelkelvos posted:

I don't think anyone could predict AIR being a giant air filled fruit, so I doubt we'd be able to predict what PAIR is.

Especially when it was called AIR but wasnt fully prepared until all the air was removed :v:

KoB
May 1, 2009
Fork Armor will never not be loving stupid and amazing.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Cornwind Evil posted:

How the gently caress does Fork armor even work.

The same way he can shoot forks from his hands, duh.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Seebach posted:

Also, the other big bomb dropped in this chapter

Toriko accepted a job from Midora himself and for "AIR" no less. One of the worlds strongest beings, who has yet to experience Acacia's Salad.

The power creep on Midora is going to be terrifying

Midora is going to fight the final boss and get Worfed to show how cool Toriko has become.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Aww, monkey balls are funny but that last title was perfect :(

KoB
May 1, 2009

AnonSpore posted:

I wonder the same thing about a lot of real life foods, to be honest.

People were really drat hungry

KoB
May 1, 2009
He saw a pretty lady and his balls dropped?

KoB
May 1, 2009
So not only is the clam larger than the United States, that means the black ocean or whatever is an area of the sea that is another factor larger than the United States.

KoB
May 1, 2009

RatHat posted:

Did you miss the part where a meteorite the size of the moon dropped into it?

haha I forgot about that, youre right.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Toriko continuing the great tradition of "kids on the playground one upping each other"

Yeah well the whale is so big that the gravity is so huge that not even light can escape. :c00lbert:

The fish surpasses the speed of light.:smug:

:supaburn:

KoB
May 1, 2009
Komatsu's demon looks cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoB
May 1, 2009

Mraagvpeine posted:

And can anyone explain what the hell just happened?

poo poo gonna get ate.

• Locked thread