Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang

Lepecard posted:

Time to get caught up on chapters! I think i'm behind like a dozen or so....

Perfect time to get caught up. We are hitting maximum throttle with fights, reveals, and heavenly king action.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang
Buranchi is cool as hell. I knew the amount of volts he gives off would be ridiculously over the top but I still laughed when I saw it was 100 million. I also really enjoyed when he literally turned into an electric current to dodge an attack.

Someone was asking how the centaur came to be and we found out right away! One thing I do really like about this manga is that characters usually explain what and why they are pretty quickly.

Also, yes, every power becomes a sword eventually, its mandatory.

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang
The power creep is only half of it really. The dimension, scale, and exaggeration of numbers gets hilariously huge very quickly. Not just how much they eat, but the "stats" like size and weight follow no realism and is fun to think about.

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang
Everything about Buranchi in this chapter was perfect. What an amazing way to beat someone with immortality. Electric torture seems brutal.

Do you think the author took a week break to study up on electricity?

Batmasterson fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Apr 11, 2013

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang
Wow glad I checked this before I went to bed. I'll read it again tomorrow to be sure but I'm a tad confused on who all has defected from the IGO, and who all were killed at the round table. Still and epic chapter and Zebra never ever ever disappoints.

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang
Great chapter. Space cooking Apollo :smith: At least he didn't kill everyone he was hanging out with.

I would like to discuss the beauty that is This Page for a moment.

The first thing I noticed was obviously all the rad new outfits our heroes are getting, But looking closer you see that Zebra gets a sweet flaming skull and crossbones leather jacket. Then moving down to the cosplay area, the guy actually looks like Umeda, but why him of all characters? The Komatsu costume is just a normal chef outfit, but his nose? What the hell? Mansam costume is great though.

Edit: Reading again, Zaus talks about God and a new goal, "the place we seek." With Space cooking Apollo leaving, Mahmai Moi being a key part in Neo, and that recent space trip he went on with Komatsu's friend who hasn't had any key plot points yet, I'm willing to bet there is some super outer space food planet that Neo is after.

Batmasterson fucked around with this message at 15:38 on May 9, 2013

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang
That was beautiful. I find it odd that Toriko is going before Coco, but there's a good chance we move to that fight next week.

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang

Gyges posted:

I also feel bad every time Rin shows up. How is it that no one's had the heart to tell her that Toriko is, like, super gay?

She just wants to be the fish dish on his full course menu.

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang
Can anyone explain to me Toriko's face on page 4? His expression doesn't really match up with the next page.

Edit: to be more clear vvv

Torkio's face comes off as one of shock, but the next page Starjyun is the one who gets attacked. It looks like Torkio's body attacks him on his own and he wasn't expecting it to.

Batmasterson fucked around with this message at 20:14 on May 23, 2013

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang
Haha, I'm glad no one is biting on what is clearly a fake out with Coco. I just don't see anyway one of the four heavenly kings goes down, especially off screen as mentioned before.

Zebra winning off screen, however, is incredibly appropriate and I cracked up seeing him put a head lock on the Nitro.

The pacing on the Toriko fight seems off. We have seen a lot of them, but except for the beginning of the fight, neither of them have really done anything.

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang
Ah, the true heroes of this manga finally make an appearance.
I've always loved the three pets, and the last time we saw them VS. the Four Beast they were really awesome. I find it hilarious that they're smart enough to go get Jirou before they enter the fight. His "pet" is gigantic, but I still don't think it has anythings on Zebra's zebra.

A knife that cuts and grills at the same time huh? I hope you like your steak extremely well done.

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang

ANIME AKBAR posted:

Eh, a slight improvement over last chapter. At least it's getting pretty violent. I'm worried that the author is blowing his load early by throwing a powerhouse like Jirou into the fight.

I've got a feeling he gets there after the fighting is over and he just resuscitates/resurrects some of the good guys like he did to Komatsu way back in the beginning. Like you said, its too early for him.

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang
I don't know if its just me but I have a problem figuring out exactly whats going on in chapters like these. Part of it has to do with the images over and over again, and then there's so much blood and muscle that it gets confusing. At one point it looks like Toriko gets a hole blasted through his heart but I guess he regenerates super fast? Toriko and Starjun look so much alike that its hard to distinguish the two when they are in melee combat.

I did laugh at Toriko in his knife armor suit.

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang
They way Starjun acts when Joa appears, do you think he is part of Neo?

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang
Maybe it's because the name Cinderella Knife, but she looks like shes drawn in a Disney princess style. Definitely different to everything we've seen, but pretty funny considering the exploding muscles and rage faces everyone else has had lately.

Edit: Something else flying under the radar is the involvement of G7 with NEO. At this point, NEO seemingly has an advantage.

Batmasterson fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Jul 10, 2013

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang
I wouldn't be surprised if the appearance of Jirou causes Joa to fall back. There's a lot of really strong people on the battle field now and I doubt were going to see them go all out already. Joa will probably grab Komatsu (who else could he be after?) and run, starting the save Komatsu! arc.

Though in the end, if Joa is a male he will just fall for Koma like the rest of them.

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang
Something about seeing Zebra chilling in a branch body suit makes me laugh every time I see it. Maybe its because he can destroy thousands of beasts with one sound, but cant break out of a bush.

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang
I should rephrase. I'm not laughing because Zebra cant break out of the vine trap, but because there are plants out there that are currently stronger then the strongest heavenly king.

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang
Maybe the greatest chapter I've ever read of any manga ever. Jirou is loving awesome. His scream, his serious face, his decapitation knock, knocking the whole world. Amazing.

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang
The way Jiro and Setsu are reacting, it looks like someone else is entering the picture right at the end. Probably Midora.

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang
There is no chance the President is gone for good, beaten of screen. No way, no how. Right? Please?

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang
I'm not sure how much I like the fan produced creations. On the one hand, its a cool interaction for the fan base, on the other hand, some of the creations aren't as impressive as the author's. Still, this fight will be awesome, I'm glad we get to see these two go all out.

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang
Well, his power is gravity, which deals with atoms I guess. Plus he's the only person in the manga that can currently fly (using this method). Even Midora needed the octapussy to get up to the floating islands. Ichiryuu's power seems blatantly overpowered, so it fits in well in this manga. I'm curious to see how Midora actually beats him.

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang
Over 500 years ago haha. Subtly throwing in the huge superfluous numbers in even in this fight.

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang
Feeding kids to the pigs may not be to raise the pig, but as a sacrifice to keep the pigs from killing the village. They call the pigs livestock but they also call them wild red haired pig so :iiam:. Plus you guys are focusing on the wrong parts of this chapter, this fight is a fight between the two most overpowered characters in a manga where everyone is overpowered. I'm really enjoying it.

Batmasterson fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Sep 19, 2013

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang

Rainbow Pony Deluxe posted:

How are we focusing on the wrong thing. The backstory somehow pivotal to his stupid loving ability is literally that he's the starving baby that didn't get eaten.

I was just referring to everyone freaking out about humans getting fed to animals in a manga where everything is edible.

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang
Awesome chapter but one part confuses me: Midora tells Star that he is the only one that accomplished his mission, but Midora doesn't know who Komatsu is. So what exactly was Star's mission? Just bringing a bunch of Chefs back in general?

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang
Toriko on Mangastream rules and I am very excited about it. Fun seeing Komatsu with confidence, glad he also got to spent a year in Gourmet World honing his skills. Mansam modeling his look after the president is great too, very hansom.

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang
I thought the panel of the President being appreciative to the Billion bird on the second page and then holding a glass on the last page was a very nice touch.

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang
Oh man. Toriko demon illusion, inner monologue about how special Komatsu is, and Dapper Frog one upping himself makes for an amazing chapter.

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang
I'm really enjoying this arc so far. The fights were fun, but this manga is really all about going on journeys to outrageous places to find crazy food. I will always enjoy the absolutely astronomical numbers portrayed, like the Horse King Heracles' footprint leaving off a huge aura for thousands of years.

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang
Mappy is an amazing character, and the detail of that maze is too good.

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang
New Chapter:
http://www.batoto.net/read/_/256577/toriko_ch284_by_hi-wa-mata-noboru

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang
That last page is a thing of beauty. All of the panels with Heracles ruled, he has those crazy eyes.

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang
This manga is so good. I figured he'd put up a fight and earn the respect of the horse king, but I'm glad it went this way. Now Komatsu will have to cook up a body double and find the Chrono Torkio Trigger.

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang
My favorite thing about this manga is that all of this speculation is completely feasible, and probably no where near as ridiculous as Pair will actually be.

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang

Nahxela posted:

It was a giant monkey centaur thing in a giant monkey mountain comprised of smaller monkeys all along

I was actually confused by what was happening with him in the beginning, and believe it or not this actually made it clear. So thanks!

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang
Amazing chapter as usual. Somehow I've come to expect the most ridiculous things from this manga but I'm still surprised every week.

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

Yes. Yeeessssss. A last man(or monkey) standing match.

Wait. Did Sunny really go for Bambina's bambinas?

I assumed that was the implication with the "secret technique" and Bambina's face in the end.

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang

Mraagvpeine posted:

I keep looking and I don't see what you're talking about.

Page 16, top left panel. If you look in the bottom right, you can see a dark silhouette of what looks like a nitro, presumably Kaka, watching the ring. In the bottom middle of the panel, there is a white silhouette of what looks like Guemon who we saw outside of the denshark earlier this arc. In the bottom left is a very dark silhouette of who knows. We also see what is probably Komatsu's heart in the next panel, which means the space we are looking at is probably the weird dimension that Neo was hiding in earlier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang
New Chapter

http://bato.to/read/_/308472/toriko_ch315_by_hi-wa-mata-noboru/1

• Locked thread