Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Storgar
Oct 31, 2011

Serious Frolicking posted:

Itachi left him in a coma that no one in Konoha could cure. He might have been in that coma until the day he died if Tsunade hadn't come back. It is really the weakest aspect of Itachi's face turn.

But that way Sasuke would stay out of trouble and, more importantly, he wouldn't have had anymore screen time. Looks like Itachi was the true hero all along. :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

SerSpook posted:

This is pretty much it. None of the Uchiha (well, other than Sasuke) are really evil. They just have a really hosed up worldview due to their condition.

We need Ninja Therapists, and pronto.

Sasuke's not really evil.

He has legitimate reasons to be angry at Konoha right now, they forced the Uchiha into an position where they felt like they had to plan a coup, and then proceeded to force his brother to kill all of his family.

Sasuke probably is the sanest of the Uchiha we have seen so far(That's saying very little) I mean he is asking the right questions to the guys who have the answer to everything. How Sasuke reacts to knowing the truth should be interesting though.

Cause there really is no way we don't get a final Naruto vs Sasuke fight, And if Sasuke takes the right lesson from Harashima's flashback Sasuke is going to be fighting Madara, I guess the only end game for this is Sasuke goes against Madara but still hates the Leaf and what it has done.

Serious Frolicking posted:

Itachi left him in a coma that no one in Konoha could cure. He might have been in that coma until the day he died if Tsunade hadn't come back. It is really the weakest aspect of Itachi's face turn.

IIRC, Tsunade pretty much said Sasuke would have been fine in another two weeks or so. Tsunade not coming back would have hosed Lee though.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Tobirama is a hypocrite, I was re reading the chapters of Danzo's fight with Sasuke and in the flahsback he appointed Sarutobi as the Third Hokage exactly like Hashirama wanted to do with Madara.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely man. Plus I would think Danzo and Tobirama would have gotten along swimmingly judging by their personalities.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Mar 28, 2013

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!
What do you mean would have, he was his teacher.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Dexo posted:

He did try to kill his best friend by stabbing him through the heart (he missed), murder a bunch of innocent samurai, kill the Hokage-elect almost murdering Karin in the process, and then try like twice to kill Sakura. And he also tried to send Killer Bee to certain death.

He's a pretty bad dude. Like, even if Naruto brings Sasuke around (of course he will) Sasuke probably needs to go to prison.

AshB
Sep 16, 2007

Dexo posted:

Itachi isn't really sane.

He's just not evil.

"Hey Lets show my brother, me killing our parents for 3 straight days".

"I really hope Sasuke turns into a well adjusted person after this":shepface:

His power is supposed to literally be fueled by hatred, but he doesn't seem to have a lot of that going on. You could argue he hates the Uchiha, but that's being very charitable given his demeanor is nothing like that of an angry or hateful person. Everything he does is extremely calculated to protect his home rather than a motivation to destroy anything out of hatred.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

AshB posted:

His power is supposed to literally be fueled by hatred, but he doesn't seem to have a lot of that going on. You could argue he hates the Uchiha, but that's being very charitable given his demeanor is nothing like that of an angry or hateful person. Everything he does is extremely calculated to protect his home rather than a motivation to destroy anything out of hatred.

It's fueled by love actually. The hatred is a side effect of having every one you love die

AshB
Sep 16, 2007
But he never suddenly became hateful. Not even after Shisui or his entire clan died.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
It's kind of hard to hate people when you're the one doing the murdering, betraying etc. More likely if he hates anything, it's himself for what he did. Is there any reason self hatred couldn't be his fuel?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

AshB posted:

But he never suddenly became hateful. Not even after Shisui or his entire clan died.

He hated himself enough to commit assisted Suicide.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice

Geniasis posted:

That's how Sasuke interpreted it. When Itachi told him to kill the person he was closest to, he was hoping Sasuke would kill him.

Eh, I don't think so. I rewatched that fight and Itachi kept saying "You can't defeat my eyes because you didn't kill your friend." :smug:

rocketbrah
Sep 24, 2003

it's peanut butter
⚡ MORPHIN' TIME ⚡
Suppressing his rage is what gave him an aneurysm and eventually ninja cancer

AshB
Sep 16, 2007

Surec posted:

Suppressing his rage is what gave him an aneurysm and eventually ninja cancer

And suddenly it all made sense, wrapped up with a nice bow on top.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

AshB posted:

And suddenly it all made sense, wrapped up with a nice bow on top.

The first time anybody said this about Naruto ever.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Naruto Manga Thread 18: Feelings will give you cancer.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

PastaSky posted:

When did we find this out?

Recently. I think it was in the first chapter after the Hokages were resurrected. The third mentions it at some point.

Eminent Domain
Sep 23, 2007

He was the Third's spy, not Jiraya's.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
And after the Third died, he had to be reporting to someone. Jiraiya's the most likely option.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

BlitzBlast posted:

And after the Third died, he had to be reporting to someone. Jiraiya's the most likely option.

Yeah and we've known for a while that Jiraya had a spy in akatsuki for some time. I actually thought this had been explicitly mentioned but apparently not. The writing is on the wall though.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Prison Warden posted:

Yeah and we've known for a while that Jiraya had a spy in akatsuki for some time. I actually thought this had been explicitly mentioned but apparently not. The writing is on the wall though.

It was mentioned in a Databook IIRC

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Dexo posted:

He has legitimate reasons to be angry at Konoha right now, they forced the Uchiha into an position where they felt like they had to plan a coup, and then proceeded to force his brother to kill all of his family.

Sasuke probably is the sanest of the Uchiha we have seen so far(That's saying very little) I mean he is asking the right questions to the guys who have the answer to everything. How Sasuke reacts to knowing the truth should be interesting though.

Cause there really is no way we don't get a final Naruto vs Sasuke fight, And if Sasuke takes the right lesson from Harashima's flashback Sasuke is going to be fighting Madara, I guess the only end game for this is Sasuke goes against Madara but still hates the Leaf and what it has done.

Wait, what the hell? Sasuke being angry at something that happened in the past of Konoha doesn't disallow him from being evil at all. He's very evil, going out of his way to get his goals through killing comrades, old friends, and innocents that might get in his way. He's exactly evil whether he has a reason or not. Hating the Leaf is fine, but trying to destroy it makes you evil, probably.

Also, calling him sane is dismissing the fact that every time he flies into a blind rage because of his brain problems, his actually sane brother has to come back from the dead and remind him not to be a huge rear end in a top hat. Which usually causes him to fly into a huge rage anyways. Honestly, it would be strange if Sasuke's reaction to the truth isn't yet another eye power fueled by some kind of anger directed at probably the wrong people. Or maybe, like you seem to think, Sasuke will pound the four Hokage's fists and say, "nah it's cool dog, I didn't know my people were jerks, they seemed like cool people!" and issue a national apology.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
This wouldn't have happened if Madara suggested that it would be called "The Village hidden in the marijuana leaves."

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
If Tsunade does die from Madara's classic magic trick, does Kakashi become the 6th Hokage or does Naruto just get the nod now? Maybe they'll just get the 3rd to take back the mantle as a super zombie.

MegaCharger
Jul 12, 2006
Animate
Just realized the zombie hokages can now be dreadnaughts like from wh40k. You wake them up once every decade or so to deal with huge threats, then let them go back to being dead.

Fuzzy Pipe Wrench
Nov 5, 2008

MAYBE DON'T STEAL BEER FROM GOONS?

CHEERS!
(FUCK YOU)
Tsunade is going to be brought back as a super zombie too and then a new ninja war is going to start simply because of the power imbalance caused by konoha having like 7 kage level people running around at once.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Prison Warden posted:

That really is like the only loving hint Sasuke has given that he likes Naruto as a friend, and even then, it's more that Naruto was the person in the leaf who he disliked least.

There was the time he told Naruto to run off with Sakura while he held of a semi-mutated berzerk Gaara.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

McCloud posted:

There was the time he told Naruto to run off with Sakura while he held of a semi-mutated berzerk Gaara.

Just about any other ninja in Konoha would have done the same.

Thoren
May 28, 2008
Have we seen Madara and Tobi's reactions after Naruto turned the entire ninja army into a chakra phoenix? I wonder if they're still sitting up there, smug as hell. I predict the Juubi will get some Final Susanoo Armor just like the kyuubi did.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Thoren posted:

Have we seen Madara and Tobi's reactions after Naruto turned the entire ninja army into a chakra phoenix? I wonder if they're still sitting up there, smug as hell. I predict the Juubi will get some Final Susanoo Armor just like the kyuubi did.
No, we cut away right after they severed their connection to the Ten-Tails, looking decidedly un-smug.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

Thoren posted:

Madara looked pretty damned shocked when Lee pasted him.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

Gyges posted:

If Tsunade does die from Madara's classic magic trick, does Kakashi become the 6th Hokage or does Naruto just get the nod now? Maybe they'll just get the 3rd to take back the mantle as a super zombie.

Kakashi doesn't want the job; he only accepted the last time reluctantly. After this when the Akatsuki are no longer a threat and his being a jinchuuriki isn't a huge liability I can see Naruto being offered the position.

Fuzzy Pipe Wrench posted:

Tsunade is going to be brought back as a super zombie too and then a new ninja war is going to start simply because of the power imbalance caused by konoha having like 7 kage level people running around at once.

Though on the other hand, I have a sneaking suspicion the Five Nations wont be separated for very long after this conflict is done. I can see the ninja alliance becoming a more permanent thing and a unified nation emerging. Naruto surpasses the other Hokage by unifying the whole ninja world. Naruto can be the First Shogun or something and Kakashi can be made Hokage. Everyone wins!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Two Tone Shoes posted:

Madara looked pretty damned shocked when Lee pasted him.

He died before 300km/s-no-jutsu was completed.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Fuzzy Pipe Wrench posted:

The First will just do what he did with the Tailed Beasts and give each village their own zombie Hokage.

Tobirama will be sent to Cloud, and being Tobirama will probably get kicked out soon after for saying incredibly offensive things about black people.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Rainbow Pony Deluxe posted:

Wait, what the hell? Sasuke being angry at something that happened in the past of Konoha doesn't disallow him from being evil at all. He's very evil, going out of his way to get his goals through killing comrades, old friends, and innocents that might get in his way. He's exactly evil whether he has a reason or not. Hating the Leaf is fine, but trying to destroy it makes you evil, probably.

Also, calling him sane is dismissing the fact that every time he flies into a blind rage because of his brain problems, his actually sane brother has to come back from the dead and remind him not to be a huge rear end in a top hat. Which usually causes him to fly into a huge rage anyways. Honestly, it would be strange if Sasuke's reaction to the truth isn't yet another eye power fueled by some kind of anger directed at probably the wrong people. Or maybe, like you seem to think, Sasuke will pound the four Hokage's fists and say, "nah it's cool dog, I didn't know my people were jerks, they seemed like cool people!" and issue a national apology.
It would be pretty thematically appropriate if they don't fight. Does anyone really care about seeing Susano'o yet again anyways?

Thoren
May 28, 2008
I tried to watch some of the recent fights from the anime and I just couldn't do it. This has to be the worst animation the series has ever seen.

A SPECIAL UNICORN
Apr 12, 2006

REALLY FUCKING SPECIAL

Thoren posted:

I tried to watch some of the recent fights from the anime and I just couldn't do it. This has to be the worst animation the series has ever seen.

Naruto vs Pain by chance? That animation is dreadful.

Thoren
May 28, 2008

A SPECIAL UNICORN posted:

Naruto vs Pain wasn't that bad. It was more of a stylistic change. The current anime is just terrible and awkwardly slow paced. Check out the Hanzo vs Mifune fight when they actually start attacking.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

A SPECIAL UNICORN posted:

Animation isn't art style. Actual bad animation is stuff like this: endless still frames with constant panning and eyeball/mouth movement.

A SPECIAL UNICORN
Apr 12, 2006

REALLY FUCKING SPECIAL
This is what I meant :v:

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

And that bit had fluid animation. What did you want, a rapidly-shaking still frame with a ton of speed lines?

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of the art style they used either. But saying it was badly animated is just plain wrong, and pretty disrespectful to the work that went into making that episode.

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Mar 31, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoren
May 28, 2008
Yeah the animation in that fight is very well done. Perhaps the best the series has seen. They used a similar style in the Naruto vs Sasuke fight back in the day.

• Locked thread