Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom

tbp posted:

I really hope the "top tier" Shichibukai are really drat powerful. Oda's done a great job building them up to some sort of mythical power, and Crocodile and Moriah gave great fights. Considering how cool the setting is, I have high hopes for Doflamingo, and can't wait for Zoro's eventual fight with Mihawk.

But the one I'd be most excited to see is if the crew has to battle Kuma. He's a great character design with a really solid background, and his powers would make for a fun and good fight.

Doflamingo destroyed Smoker, a man we've seen stomp Luffy with no issues, instantly. Seriously how stupidly powerful can he be if he could take down Smoker while not even trying? So we know he's going to be insane.

And when it comes to Kuma I'm sort of wondering how the issue of him being able to instant win will be dealt with? Basically a fight would make no sense if Kuma didn't at least try to just shoot Luffy off into space or something. I don't think he's quite on level with Doflamingo in terms of raw physical power, but his ability mixed with the fact that he can shoot lasers out of every orifice of his body certainly makes him a challenge.

But gently caress both of them. Buggy will loving destroy the whole Starhat crew! This isn't me guessing. This is a fact.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
I'm curious who this mystery Shichibukai is that joined during the timeskip and who they'll choose to replace Doflamingo with.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Liar posted:

Doflamingo destroyed Smoker, a man we've seen stomp Luffy with no issues, instantly. Seriously how stupidly powerful can he be if he could take down Smoker while not even trying? So we know he's going to be insane.

And when it comes to Kuma I'm sort of wondering how the issue of him being able to instant win will be dealt with? Basically a fight would make no sense if Kuma didn't at least try to just shoot Luffy off into space or something. I don't think he's quite on level with Doflamingo in terms of raw physical power, but his ability mixed with the fact that he can shoot lasers out of every orifice of his body certainly makes him a challenge.

But gently caress both of them. Buggy will loving destroy the whole Starhat crew! This isn't me guessing. This is a fact.

It's one of the few times haki might be used to make a fight more interesting beyond generic superman abilities. But then again, Oda could make it so that say Luffy has to spend the fight tossing things in the way as a shield to protect from the space teleport move

Thoren
May 28, 2008

Liar posted:

So did Law. And Vergo.

Smoker was the whipping boy last arc.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Perigryn posted:

I'm curious who this mystery Shichibukai is that joined during the timeskip and who they'll choose to replace Doflamingo with.
Sabo :regd08:

Either way, Oda is just a master of setting things up that we all want so badly, and it always pays off. The day he dies might be one of the saddest moments in Japanese history.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
How much more story do people expect after they reach Raftel? I mean, we're not likely to learn the Will of D or the Void Century stuff until they do and a fair few of their dreams don't stop there. Will Zoro fight Mihawk before they get there? That fight has to come after the crew fight Blackbeard.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Scott Bakula posted:

How much more story do people expect after they reach Raftel? I mean, we're not likely to learn the Will of D or the Void Century stuff until they do and a fair few of their dreams don't stop there. Will Zoro fight Mihawk before they get there? That fight has to come after the crew fight Blackbeard.

Yeah this is one of my problems. The story doesn't really need another 500 chapters, but if it is planning on going another 10 years at least have it be relevant plot rather than running around Caesar's factory.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
I definitely hope we see more of this guy in the next few chapters:

Maybe a match-up for Ussop?

Scott Bakula posted:

I'm betting Raftel (with the Rio Poneglyph, Void Century, and One Piece) will be where Luffy's crew battles against Blackbeard's crew (ie taking control of the New Age) and will be the start of the final arc where Luffy allies with Dragon and the Revolutionaries in overthrowing the World Government.

Actually, to make things interesting, I'd be willing to :toxx: on that speculation. I guess we'll find out in ten years if I lose :10bux: or not! :v:

[e]: A new, good One Piece AMV to hold everyone over until tomorrow!

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Mar 26, 2013

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom

Scott Bakula posted:

Yeah it does seem like Oda needs to tone down adding more and more story elements. Doflamingo doesn't need to be replaced because honestly Luffy can't challenge an endless line of Shichibukai. Oda's sort of covered himself here by making the news ones more or less non-threats. Law seemingly doesn't give much of a poo poo about the position (unless he secretly does), and in all reality Luffy isn't going to fight Buggy again. Plus look at all we still need to get out of the way:

-Crew vs. Doflamingo
-Zoro vs. Mihawk
-Crew vs. Big Mam
-Crew vs. Kaido
-Crew vs. Kuma
-Crew vs. the entire loving WG
-Crew vs. Shanks
-Crew vs. Blackbeard

And then with all of that going on we also need to cover the Void Century, Vegapunk, Dragon, Raftel, whatever's going on with Aokiji and probably everyone else who left the WG, the Will of D, the Rio Poneglyph, Joy Boy, the three weapons, and maybe about a million more things that have never been tied up.

Also I want to know what happened to Sogeking and why we never see him and Usopp in the same place. I suspect this story arc alone should cover 100 chapters.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I'd guess that Zoro won't fight Mihawk until the showdown with the WG by the Strawhats and their allies. That's likely where we'll get all the fights that have been built up other than vs Emperors.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

TheRamblingSoul posted:

I definitely hope we see more of this guy in the next few chapters:

Maybe a match-up for Ussop?

I'm betting Raftel (with the Rio Poneglyph, Void Century, and One Piece) will be where Luffy's crew battles against Blackbeard's crew (ie taking control of the New Age) and will be the start of the final arc where Luffy allies with Dragon and the Revolutionaries in overthrowing the World Government.

Actually, to make things interesting, I'd be willing to :toxx: on that speculation. I guess we'll find out in ten years if I lose :10bux: or not! :v:

[e]: A new, good One Piece AMV to hold everyone over until tomorrow!

The problem I have with theories like this (the strawhats going back to Mariejoa for the reverie was another) is that One Piece is about a journey. Multiple journies and Oda layers them together. The crew progresses physically along the sea towards Raftel, at the same time the crew comes closer to achieving their goals. I find it hard to believe the crew will ever backtrack; I'm positive Raftel will be the ultimate climax of the story in multiple ways. Everything will converge either on the island or in the crazy area preceeding it.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Prison Warden posted:

The problem I have with theories like this (the strawhats going back to Mariejoa for the reverie was another) is that One Piece is about a journey. Multiple journies and Oda layers them together. The crew progresses physically along the sea towards Raftel, at the same time the crew comes closer to achieving their goals. I find it hard to believe the crew will ever backtrack; I'm positive Raftel will be the ultimate climax of the story in multiple ways. Everything will converge either on the island or in the crazy area preceeding it.

You're absolutely right, but it's not a journey to Raftel, it's a journey towards each character's dream. If they reach Raftel and they find out that All Blue exists somewhere else on the Grand Line, what then? Does that make the journey less worthwhile because it has a different end point?

I find it hard to believe that the crew will go to Raftel and everything that Oda has been weaving together will converge there, especially since NO ONE has been able to make it there, ever, except for Roger's crew. I think Raftel will feature heavily in the latter part of the story, but I would be incredibly surprised if the story ended there.

I actually think it would be more interesting if Raftel was a lifeless, empty piece of rock.

Thoren
May 28, 2008
Sanji already found All Blue in Mermaid Heaven :c00lbert:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Prison Warden posted:

The missing history is recorded at Raftel and nowhere else though. Roger's crew decided not to tell the world for whatever reason logically meaning the straw hats will because who else will get there and discover it? There has to be some continuation of that story line even if its not very long, which if its over throwing the World Government would need to be fairly long unless Dragon does it all off screen and they just legitimize it somehow, although they'd need some actual evidence.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Zoro could have already beaten Mihawk to complete his training.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

AtomikKrab posted:

Zoro could have already beaten Mihawk to complete his training.

I doubt Oda would deny us a fight that has been in the making since the very beginning of the manga. Even if it's shown later, what would Zoro be working towards currently? If he defeated Mihawk, that makes him the best swordsman in the world, at least in title.

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends

Silento posted:

I doubt Oda would deny us a fight that has been in the making since the very beginning of the manga. Even if it's shown later, what would Zoro be working towards currently? If he defeated Mihawk, that makes him the best swordsman in the world, at least in title.

It's kind of lame, but very possible that Zoro runs across some swordsman, freaks out, and we get a flashback to him defeating Mihawk and Mihawk saying, "Heh... you win. But I gave up the title of Greatest Swordsman the day I lost to THAT MAN...". It'd be kind of weird for them to have some "After the Summit" fight, they're practically friends with their new relationship and I feel like the rest of the journey the crew's not gonna get much stronger, so Zoro is about as good now as he's gonna get. What new techniques could he pick up at Raftel/along the way that finally help him defeat Mihawk?

Scott Bakula posted:

The missing history is recorded at Raftel

Wait, have we heard this somewhere?

Liar posted:

-Crew vs. The World

Well off the top of my head:

The crew doesn't need to fight every Yonkou, one, maybe two will suffice. I can easily see the Kidd alliance taking down the other between Kaido/Big Mam, and maybe a friendly duel with Shanks' crew, though nobody but Luffy and Usopp would even have any interest in the latter.

As for Kuma, I can't see any story-related reason he would ever fight the SHs again. Oda kind of wrote himself into a corner, anybody Kuma can even touch should lose instantly or at least be massively delayed, unless haki works as a catch-all Devil Fruit Repellent a la the horrible moment in Bleach when Aizen just resists Soi Fong's only established power by virtue of BEING STRONGER. Depending on Vegapunk's motives, I see no reason he would fight them again.

In my opinion, Blackbeard and at least one other Yonkou are the only fights we're guaranteed.

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

Thoren posted:

Smoker was the whipping boy last arc.
Setting up for his and Tashigi's triumphant returns five years down the line. :colbert:

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!

Autumncomet posted:

Setting up for his and Tashigi's triumphant returns five years down the line. :colbert:

You guys need to accept that smoker is incompetent.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Advice posted:

Wait, have we heard this somewhere?

I think it's implied during the conversation that Silvers Rayleigh had with Robin. Roger's crew found all the pieces behind the missing history but he didn't want to tell Robin incase she could come to a different conclusion.

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends

Kegslayer posted:

I think it's implied during the conversation that Silvers Rayleigh had with Robin. Roger's crew found all the pieces behind the missing history but he didn't want to tell Robin incase she could come to a different conclusion.

I feel like this will be the true moment Luffy and his crew surpass the old generations. Rayleigh is a legitimately good guy, freeing slaves and helping those less fortunate, even when it blows his cover to pick a fight with an admiral. And yet, he and his crew, in their infinite power and wisdom, did not see fit to remold the world using the knowledge from the Void Century. What could they possibly have been afraid of?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
With Roger dying, and without Dragon's Revolution to help out, probably being able to finish what they started.

Dux Supremus
Feb 2, 2009
Could also have been them ultimately deciding the stakes regarding whatever they found were too high and siding with the World Government's perspective. ("The truth? You can't handle the truth!") Luffy gives no fucks to a greater extent than apparently anyone before, so he wouldn't be shackled by such concerns.

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom

Advice posted:

Rayleigh is a legitimately good guy, freeing slaves and helping those less fortunate, even when it blows his cover to pick a fight with an admiral. And yet, he and his crew, in their infinite power and wisdom, did not see fit to remold the world using the knowledge from the Void Century. What could they possibly have been afraid of?

Rayleigh hadn't planned on freeing anyone. He was just going to rob a rich guy to pay off gambling debts. He probably wouldn't of bothered to help the crew at all if not for their connection to Hatchan, who he owed a debt to.

Basically he just sort of did whatever he happened to want to do. aka. He's a pirate along the lines of Luffy; someone who just goes with the flow. I imagine the reason he and Roger didn't do anything with what they gained to change the world was because they had no good reason to. Not that they didn't end up changing the world since Roger's last words literally ushered in a new age of piracy.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
In that case the secret to the Void Century has to be something that the Roger crew didn't much care about, but that Luffy is willing to fight the world for. The war started by the WG must have cause the most delicious animal ever to go extinct, and the details of it's deliciousness are written on the Rio Ponyglyph.

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom

Gyges posted:

In that case the secret to the Void Century has to be something that the Roger crew didn't much care about, but that Luffy is willing to fight the world for. The war started by the WG must have cause the most delicious animal ever to go extinct, and the details of it's deliciousness are written on the Rio Ponyglyph.

Robin: "According to this stone before the void century this world was Toriko's, but then the WG invented PETA."

Luffy: *runs to find the nearest Tenryuubito* :sotw:

Sir Ilpalazzo
Sep 4, 2012

Kegslayer posted:

Luffy is probably the best example of why the World Government and their views on justice is necessary and happily accepted by the rest of the world. Sure it's corrupt to the core but it's the only shield you have against all the horrors of the outside world.

I don't think this is it; otherwise the story wouldn't be setting Akainu up as a major villain. Besides, the fact that the government didn't report everything that happened at Ohara to the world is a clear indicator that the common man wouldn't support the World Government if they were more forthcoming.

One of the running themes of the story is that the current world order just does not work. Look at how peaceful and orderly the calmest place in the world, East Blue, was. If One Piece were more realistic, yeah, everything would fall into chaos if the World Government were destroyed, but as it is I don't think there's much reason to believe that they're necessary. All of its leaders have only ever been portrayed as incompetent and / or outright malicious.

Sir Ilpalazzo fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Mar 27, 2013

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Advice posted:

As for Kuma, I can't see any story-related reason he would ever fight the SHs again. Oda kind of wrote himself into a corner, anybody Kuma can even touch should lose instantly or at least be massively delayed, unless haki works as a catch-all Devil Fruit Repellent a la the horrible moment in Bleach when Aizen just resists Soi Fong's only established power by virtue of BEING STRONGER. Depending on Vegapunk's motives, I see no reason he would fight them again.

Maybe a strong enough Armament haki can defend against that fly-away effect of Kuma.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
I'm not sure how I feel about haki letting people just not be effected by devil fruits. It seems cheap to me.

Then again, both Smoker and Vergo claimed they had strong enough haki to resist Law's power and then failed miserably to do so.

Undead Unicorn
Sep 14, 2010

by Lowtax
Dragon and the WG upcoming conflict is being built up like hell, please don't forget that Dragon has hinted his intention to meet up with his son multiple times now, especially with the Revolution after Nico Robin. Something BIG is going down in the upcoming once the Kaido mega arc is over with. Also keep in mind we have less than ten years of One Piece left, it's more like seven to six now since the reaching of the White Beard arc is over, and this one is probably going to be the biggest one left.

Keep in mind what the consequences are going to be be once this arc is resolved. Luffy is going to become a Yonko or on par to one enough that the distinction barely matters. He'll have ceased being a "super rookie" and have become a major power in the world. Anyone besides the big, already established powers in the world are going to give him a wide berth and his future conflicts are going to revolve solely on them. Hell the days of him really being an underdog will also be gone, as his presence affects the world balance after this and needs to be accounted for this. And I'm not talking about in a complicated intrigue story way that One Piece isn't. I mean Luffy can theoretically overthrow the World Government if it sufficiently pisses him off like Whitebeard War dealio. It isn't that Luffy gives a poo poo about his Father's commie themed Revolution or what effects his actions could have on Vivi country or the WG's plans for the stopping the new Pirate age effect newbies on the grandline. It's that the WG, his Father, and the Yonko care about how much Luffy can gently caress up their plans or the world in general if one of them in the process accidentally makes Nami cry one day.

Drakkel posted:

I'm not sure how I feel about haki letting people just not be effected by devil fruits. It seems cheap to me.

Keep in mind the Admirals where only mildly annoyed by Haki users and were instantly able to reform their bodies during the Whitebeard war, so it not the end all be all soultion to everything.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Liar posted:

Rayleigh hadn't planned on freeing anyone. He was just going to rob a rich guy to pay off gambling debts. He probably wouldn't of bothered to help the crew at all if not for their connection to Hatchan, who he owed a debt to.

Basically he just sort of did whatever he happened to want to do. aka. He's a pirate along the lines of Luffy; someone who just goes with the flow. I imagine the reason he and Roger didn't do anything with what they gained to change the world was because they had no good reason to. Not that they didn't end up changing the world since Roger's last words literally ushered in a new age of piracy.

I don't know about this, to me his words with Robin implied that there was something that the World Government might've been right in covering up. Even if that's not it, it wasn't just because they didn't care.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Mar 27, 2013

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Sir Ilpalazzo posted:

I don't think this is it; otherwise the story wouldn't be setting Akainu up as a major villain. Besides, the fact that the government didn't report everything that happened at Ohara to the world is a clear indicator that the common man wouldn't support the World Government if they were more forthcoming.

One of the running themes of the story is that the current world order just does not work. Look at how peaceful and orderly the calmest place in the world, East Blue, was. If One Piece were more realistic, yeah, everything would fall into chaos if the World Government were destroyed, but as it is I don't think there's much reason to believe that they're necessary. All of its leaders have only ever been portrayed as incompetent and / or outright malicious.

We only see Akainu as a villain because we've been looking at the world through the eyes of Luffy and the other pirates but it's clear that he's highly respected by a large portion of the government. If the World Government was more open and transparent then I actually think the common man would still support the government. Presumably Roger and his crew know all about the World Government and the secret history but did nothing to change it or disrupt the system.

Again, sure large parts of the government are corrupt but there are people inside the organisation working to change that.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Kegslayer posted:

We only see Akainu as a villain because we've been looking at the world through the eyes of Luffy and the other pirates but it's clear that he's highly respected by a large portion of the government. If the World Government was more open and transparent then I actually think the common man would still support the government. Presumably Roger and his crew know all about the World Government and the secret history but did nothing to change it or disrupt the system.

Again, sure large parts of the government are corrupt but there are people inside the organisation working to change that.

Akainu was completely willing to vaporize a subordinate. In One Piece that pretty much guarantees him to be grade-A evil.

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

Drakkel posted:

Then again, both Smoker and Vergo claimed they had strong enough haki to resist Law's power and then failed miserably to do so.

Abilities still work, it just provides people without one a means to fight back. Being a Haki user doesn't even mean you'll be strong enough to beat someone without it anyway. The snake sisters had Haki and Luffy still thrashed them.

We've also seen numerous times that Logia users can still dodge Haki attacks by going intangible like they would do anyway. The only thing that completely nullifies Devil Fruit powers is the Darkness fruit and Blackbeard has to be holding them for that to work.

Sir Ilpalazzo
Sep 4, 2012

Kegslayer posted:

No, we see Akainu as a villain because he's a crazy person who kills innocent people and his own men. If One Piece were a story about the marines and we were shown the Ohara flashback, everyone would still see Akainu as a villain. And I think Roger did act against the government by telling the world about his treasure; it seems pretty clear to me that he couldn't (or felt he was the wrong person to) take action and left the task to someone who could.

There are a lot of decent people in the Marines, I'm not saying everyone in the organization is evil, but what it comes down to is that its leaders and the heads of the government all care more about preserving their organization's dignity than helping the common man. And although there are people like Smoker, Coby, and maybe Aokiji who will change that one day, I don't think we've seen anyone actively trying to fix the system right now.

And if the people were really willing to support the government no matter what, then everyone would know about the blank century by now. The fact that the government feels they have to cover that up (and lie about the reasons they killed everyone on Ohara) suggests that people actually stand up to the government if they knew the truth.

edit: Yes, Akainu is respected by the government because the people that respect him are warped like him.

Sir Ilpalazzo fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Mar 27, 2013

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
I don't think Akainu is necessarily corrupt in the same way the World Government is but he's unflinchingly loyal to a rotten system so it's essentially the same either way. That said, he's still a tremendous prick.

Thoren
May 28, 2008

Sir Ilpalazzo posted:

No, we see Akainu as a villain because he's a crazy person who kills innocent people and his own men. If One Piece were a story about the marines and we were shown the Ohara flashback, everyone would still see Akainu as a villain. And I think Roger did act against the government by telling the world about his treasure; it seems pretty clear to me that he couldn't (or felt he was the wrong person to) take action and left the task to someone who could.

There are a lot of decent people in the Marines, I'm not saying everyone in the organization is evil, but what it comes down to is that its leaders and the heads of the government all care more about preserving their organization's dignity than helping the common man. And although there are people like Smoker, Coby, and maybe Aokiji who will change that one day, I don't think we've seen anyone actively trying to fix the system right now.

And if the people were really willing to support the government no matter what, then everyone would know about the blank century by now. The fact that the government feels they have to cover that up (and lie about the reasons they killed everyone on Ohara) suggests that people actually stand up to the government if they knew the truth.

edit: Yes, Akainu is respected by the government because the people that respect him are warped like him.

The world government's main focus is maintaining its power. Sometimes they have to take drastic and unethical steps. Governments simply don't play the good guy to stay in power, they do whatever is necessary. Otherwise the pirates would be loving poo poo up all over the place.

Sir Ilpalazzo
Sep 4, 2012
And yet the pirates are loving poo poo up all over the place. East Blue was the most peaceful sea and it was filled with pirates and marines. You can't say the government is in the right for killing all the innocent people they please in the name of peace-keeping when they have no ability to keep the peace anyway.

Thoren
May 28, 2008
The Marines are trying to maintain peace over an entire planet as well as maintain the position of the world government. They're stretched pretty thin as it is. Governments aren't singular entities, they're institutions composed of individuals. One Piece highlights the grey position of governments well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends

Sir Ilpalazzo posted:

And yet the pirates are loving poo poo up all over the place. East Blue was the most peaceful sea and it was filled with pirates and marines. You can't say the government is in the right for killing all the innocent people they please in the name of peace-keeping when they have no ability to keep the peace anyway.

Makes sense that East Blue was the most "peaceful" sea. The enemies the SHs faced were:

Morgan - Doing nothing wrong by Marine standards
Buggy - The first and only legitimate pirate running around new villages and tearing poo poo up. It's actually quite a wonder no Marines found him and tore him a new one. Come to think of it, Luffy probably saved his life by forcing him to lay low in his travels.
Kuro - Inactive, would have gone totally unnoticed by anyone else at any other time
Krieg - Was he active in East Blue before he went to the Grand Line, or did he just drift back there? Either way technically not active in EB.
Arlong - In an agreement with the Marines, not leaving Coco Village to tear up the seas.

Arguably any other crew drifting through there would have met zero resistance and proceeded right to the Grand Line.

• Locked thread