Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

Uldor posted:

Anyway to add this on assuming we purchased the regular edition?

I don't believe so. People asked about it repeatedly, but it hasn't seem to have made it onto Larian's priority list. About 6 months ago they decided to focus completely on Divinity: Original Sin. They don't have a second game in production at any stage.

After Original Sin comes out, I'll try and remind them about Dragon Commander and some more features I'd like improved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uldor
Feb 23, 2009

Gear... Fourth!

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

I don't believe so. People asked about it repeatedly, but it hasn't seem to have made it onto Larian's priority list. About 6 months ago they decided to focus completely on Divinity: Original Sin. They don't have a second game in production at any stage.

After Original Sin comes out, I'll try and remind them about Dragon Commander and some more features I'd like improved.

Dang, thanks for the info, what I get for drunkenly purchasing stuff on steam

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

So I skipped out on this when I heard about it because it sounded like something insanely ambitious and awesome (plus jetpack dragons) but no way in hell it could end up remotely good.

Did it?

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

victrix posted:

So I skipped out on this when I heard about it because it sounded like something insanely ambitious and awesome (plus jetpack dragons) but no way in hell it could end up remotely good.

Did it?

In my experience it's fun for a couple playthroughs but it's no Starcraft or Warcraft or anything. On the other hand it's no Spore either -- it's a fun game that pretty much does what it says on the package, RTS with political elements and awesome jetpack dragon.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Agreed. I haven't really replayed it since I first finished it, but I remember it being a lot of fun. Definitely worth the purchase.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I'll pile on to that opinion too. It's a really neat game that doesn't quite excel at any one part of what it tries to do, but it doesn't flop like it potentially could have either.

I haven't replayed it since my first run either but I definitely feel like I got my money's worth, it's a good game. I think I got it at a discount for preordering or something, I don't think I'd pay $40 for it, but it's good if you can get it on sale.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
I felt the game was greater than the sum of all its different parts, and well worth the price. The different elements worked together very well. The decisions influence your support with the various races and also grant you cards, the cards are useful for the campaign and RTS phases, and the support you have dictates your unit cap, so if you're really popular you can field a lot more units at once, and if they hate your guts, you'll have a very tough battle

There's certainly enough content for replaying. Even if you don't want to replay the main campaign, you can do a Custom Campaign, which is almost the same thing, it has the political decisions, the generals, and the queens arcs, but on one map only, without the first and third acts. Oh, and you can also change a lot of the rules to make the RTS combat more to your liking.

It's not a perfect game, and there's a few features I'd like to see added, but I think it's a good game.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
-60% off for the Steam Summer Sale. Pick it up for just $16!

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
Picked this up off GoG yesterday, it was on -75% sale (flash sale, would have alerted the thread but LOWTAX :argh:). There's something about commanding my units, seeing things aren't going well, and just saying "I think I'll handle this one... personally :smug:"

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
The Dragon Commander Multiplayer group had a DC tournament. I didn't participate, but there were a few matches recorded, so I might as well share them:

Game 1: [GCT-Sky] Q-wer-T (VS) FrostyCyclops (Round 1, Game 1)

Game 2: Blitzkreug (VS) Zane Winters

Game 3 [Commentary by Frosty]: Heron (VS) SkyDrake

Game 4 [Commentary by Frosty + Sky]: Thermonuclear Wombat (VS) Spyro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I'll also add to the pile of 'fun as hell for a couple playthroughs but you'll never play it after'. It's totally the perfect steam/gog sale game in that it's a fun gem but maybe not something everyone wants to pay full price for.

The story/political bits are really fun, it's just that they aren't deep and you eventually run out of them so you only have a okay RTS to play with. If they made another one that deepened the politics and the overworld map interactions it would be a day one purchase for me.

• Locked thread