Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.

DrManiac posted:

I'm cautiously optimistic.

If they can get the political stuff right and have the combat be atleast passable then this game will be pretty rad.

And who doesn't want to marry a skeleton princess with lipstick smeared around her face bone.

Pretty much this, I don't have much attachment to Divinity, but I'll definitely pick it up if the word about it is good. I love the political concepts, just hope they can pull it off.

Turncoat Mommy fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Mar 23, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.
Does the hard changes affect the custom maps or just the regular campaign? I like the massive maps but the ai just doesn't expand aggressively enough to be a challenge. Misread the patch notes, I hope the future patch can tweak how hard you can make the custom maps.

Turncoat Mommy fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Aug 7, 2013

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.

Blast of Confetti posted:

Is this worth the $40 if I'm mostly interested in the politics part of the game and only in single player? Jetpack dragons and RPG elements in a strategy game are okay, but there aren't too many games where I get to romance a skeleton lady and need to decide between making her human again or keeping her people happy with me.
Very much yes, you can auto resolve all the fights and play it like a fantasy paradox game, I pretty much never play the rts portion.

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.

Megazver posted:

He didn't ask whether you one can auto-resolve RTS battles, he asked whether there's enough content that's left after you give up on the RTS battles to be worth $40. I'd say no. The boardgame is kinda poo poo on its own, all the political content can probably be seen in a few playthroughs.

The game is still worth 40 bucks without the rts portion was my point.

• Locked thread