Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Kenpachi gets god's arm grafted onto his stump. Then he has two of the same arm, which unlocks his Stand Power.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fhate
Feb 15, 2007

"Appended to its own quotation is false" appended to its own quotation is false.

Lamebot posted:

i wonder if we get to see god's wang too. With Kubo it has a non-zero chance.

What do you think Kenpachi is?

Jesse James
Oct 11, 2009

IchiGO?
So Master Hand trumps all now?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Tunicate posted:

Kenpachi gets god's arm grafted onto his stump. Then he has two of the same arm, which unlocks his Stand Power.

His stand is just a second Kenpachi.

slev
Apr 6, 2009

This chapter gave me the impression Mayuri might die but then I realized Kubo likes him too much

greatBigJerk
Sep 6, 2010

My final form.
I decided to get caught up after not reading for a long time. The last time I read anything was when the zombies were fighting in Soul Society. Turns out not much interesting really happened in all that time. Guess I'll get caught up again in 6 months or so...

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

greatBigJerk posted:

I decided to get caught up after not reading for a long time. The last time I read anything was when the zombies were fighting in Soul Society. Turns out not much interesting really happened in all that time. Guess I'll get caught up again in 6 months or so...

Binge reading Bleach sounds a lot more painful than just devoting five minutes to it a week.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Binge reading Bleach sounds a lot more painful than just devoting five minutes to it a week.

do you read it twice?

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Stallion Cabana posted:

do you read it twice?

I just like the outfits.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

That's about how long it takes to read a volume honestly. And binge reading makes the pacing problems seem almost non-existent

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Considering the guy said even after waiting half a year nothing was happening. I'd say the pacing problem remain.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Yachiru is going to show up and fix Kenpachi's arm so he can save Mayuri at the last minute who was outscienced!

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

It's total bullshit and that's why he's a cheater.

Bleach works on wrestling logic, and Mayuri is Seth Rollins.
Bleach Manga Thread 14: It Is A Wrestling Analogy

slev
Apr 6, 2009

So apparently there was a fanbook released with a new volume that had a popularity poll that I figured I'd post so you guys can make fun of Japan's taste or something. It's for only characters in the gotei 13.

1. Rukia
2. Hitsugaya
3. Byakun
4. Gin
5. Kenpachi
6. Renji
7. Shuuhei
8. Yumichika
9. Ukitake
10. Shunsui
11. Aizen
12. Soi fon
13. Mayuri
14. Urahara
15. Shinji
16. Momo
17. Ikkaku
18. Rangiku
19. Kira
20. Yoruichi

But there is also a bonus chapter in this thing where Mayuri is doing something to the half of Kira's body that remains

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Haha was this an "all time" poll? Are they still hung up on a guy that does some 400 or so chapters ago (Gin)?

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Also Ichigo is nowhere on that list :haw:

slev
Apr 6, 2009

It's for only characters that are in or have been in the gotei 13. The list goes on but all the new characters are toward the bottom.

greatBigJerk
Sep 6, 2010

My final form.

Considering how little it progressed, binge reading was pretty fast. I would stop reading entirely but I'm this far in, so I may as well see how it ends.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

slev posted:

But there is also a bonus chapter in this thing where Mayuri is doing something to the half of Kira's body that remains

Forty chapters from now mayuri will bust out zombie kira to harness the power of [gravity] and reset all of bleach.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Can the Soul King's palace become so heavy that not even YWACH himself can keep it levitated?

Science demands that this be put to the test! Have Kira whack the palace over and over and over and over and over again.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

slev posted:

I can't loving believe Kira actually died. Was it even mentioned after the fact, did anyone care at all?

Also i'm pretty surprised Yumichika got into the top 10. Not unhappy, but still surprised.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
I'm surprised Yoruichi is that low. You'd think sexy cat lady would be fairly high up.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I can't loving believe Kira actually died. Was it even mentioned after the fact, did anyone care at all?

Kira has not been mentioned at all since that scene.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Schubalts posted:

Kira has not been mentioned at all since that scene.

Kubo hates himself for not making Wabisuke an actual character with Kira as his Zanpaktou. :shrug: It's power would be to be forgettable allowing for sneak attacks.

Hopeford
Oct 15, 2010

Eh, why not?

slev posted:

I hope to god he comes back as a cyborg for no adequately explained reason.

Bisse posted:

Bleach Manga Thread 14: It Is A Wrestling Analogy

I maintain that this is how the manga will end.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Attestant posted:

I'm surprised Yoruichi is that low. You'd think sexy cat lady would be fairly high up.

She is on my list

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Wait Kira died? Bleach has reached a point where unless like, you get some kind of confirmation it's nearly impossible to tell if someone's dead or if they're just passed out and super hurt because people will come back from literally anything otherwise. Like when that one rear end in a top hat kept all his buddies from being burnt to death out of nowhere.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied

Nuebot posted:

Wait Kira died? Bleach has reached a point where unless like, you get some kind of confirmation it's nearly impossible to tell if someone's dead or if they're just passed out and super hurt because people will come back from literally anything otherwise. Like when that one rear end in a top hat kept all his buddies from being burnt to death out of nowhere.

He was split in half in like the beginning of the whole arc.

Immediately before Bankai were stolen.

VVV GRANTED. There have been characters cut in half and harmed in similar ways, but they were shown receiving medical attention immediately after. Kira gets this, and never shown again.

hagie fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Aug 5, 2015

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

hagie posted:

Hiyori got split in half before and she turned out fine.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

hagie posted:

Immediately before Bankai were stolen.

VVV GRANTED. There have been characters cut in half and harmed in similar ways, but they were shown receiving medical attention immediately after. Kira gets this, and never shown again.

poor kira. he had one cool moment when the reader found out why his sword was so weird.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
The worst thing about Bleach is that the gore is actually pretty good, and yet it matters so rarely there's no impact at all.

I mean, we just saw Kenpachi tear his goddamn arm off. How many of us really expect him to have one arm from now on? Among those, how many expect that to ever slow Kenpachi down?

Bleach could have actually been a horror manga if Kubo had the guts to cull the bloated cast over the years instead of holding onto every single one, just in case he came up with a cool use for their powers later.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

The worst thing about Bleach is that the gore is actually pretty good, and yet it matters so rarely there's no impact at all.

I mean, we just saw Kenpachi tear his goddamn arm off. How many of us really expect him to have one arm from now on? Among those, how many expect that to ever slow Kenpachi down?

Bleach could have actually been a horror manga if Kubo had the guts to cull the bloated cast over the years instead of holding onto every single one, just in case he came up with a cool use for their powers later.

The only permanent injuries I can think of are Yamamoto having one hand (which is explicitly because of some bullshit refusing to get healed thing) and Shunsui having one eye (which Kubo just loving forgets half the time).

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

hagie posted:

From what I remember Hiyori got medical attention after a few chapters of waiting for Ichigo and then a few chapters of waiting for the Aizen fight to change locations so Unohana could show up

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

That's not getting cut in half. That's just slightly worse than what the big titty captain got when that giant deer-snake-thing hollow tore her torso open. I'm sure he'll show up later and be fine.

Knee
Jul 19, 2006

I'm telling you, it's true. People grow from spores.
It seems like Kenpachi has now kind of become Tange Sazen. Maybe he won't get his arm back.

Wes Warhammer
Oct 19, 2012

:sueme:

Hopeford posted:

I hope to god he comes back as a cyborg for no adequately explained reason.

Well...

This is a screenshot of that 13 BLADEs fanbook that just came out.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Knee posted:

It seems like Kenpachi has now kind of become Tange Sazen. Maybe he won't get his arm back.

Yeah, him losing the arm for good wouldn't surprise me. It's kinda 50-50 if he stays that way or if some other bullshit happens where he gets a new one.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Orihime could give him back his arm at any time. It's been shown there isn't a time limit on her powers so...just have to run into each other.

Comes down to whether Kubo thinks Kenpachi is better as a one-handed warrior.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Covok posted:

Orihime could give him back his arm at any time. It's been shown there isn't a time limit on her powers so...just have to run into each other.

Comes down to whether Kubo thinks Kenpachi is better as a one-handed warrior.

He gets a ghost-cyborg arm and becomes Jetstream Sam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!
Well. Kenpachi is now missing an arm. He is also supposed to be, "Special" if I recall correctly. Or a War Asset.

And, they're fighting a giant arm..

Mayuri is right there for some quick surgery..

Kenpachi's gettin' himself a God Arm!

• Locked thread