Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
The classiest of chapters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
This chapter was clearly dedicated to my pants, and the struggle that comes whenever Yoruichi is in a chapter.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Silver2195 posted:

Yeah, I like how the Special War Potentials thing is basically in-universe acknowledgment that certain characters tend to pull ways to win out of their asses (or in this case, put ways to win in other people's asses).

Why isn't Mayuri on the list?

Kraus
Jan 17, 2008

Tunicate posted:

Why isn't Mayuri on the list?

Because Urahara is more Mayuri than Mayuri.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Was monk dude really that wise that wisdom was his special power?

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
I like how the shonen protagonists special ability is literally potential.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Darth TNT posted:

Was monk dude really that wise that wisdom was his special power?
His inclusion on the list does feel a little off, given it originally sounded like "potentials" of an uncertain nature - he did ask Aizen to join him, didn't he? - whereas the monk is just a giant bad rear end.

But on the other hand his wisdom is enough to cheat death, so maybe that's what they meant. The Quincies don't really seem especially well trained.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

BlitzBlast posted:

That was a silly chapter, but that's a good thing.

GOD OF THUNDER THIGHS

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Ichigos power is being the main character.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I am glad the fun characters are back.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Well that sure was rear end.

I chose a weird time to start reading this again.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
I'm at work but the comments in this thread are making me excited to read Bleach

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yoruichi butt makes it a worthwhile chapter

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Give me a spinoff with Yoruichi and Urahara's married life, Kubo.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

AnonSpore posted:

I'm at work but the comments in this thread are making me excited to read Bleach

Savour this moment. It's likely going to be a very long time until we have another hype-worthy chapter.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

chumbler posted:

Give me a spinoff with Yoruichi and Soi Fon's married life, Kubo.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Yoruichi is just the best all around

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I burst out laughing when I saw where Kubo chose to put the chapter title.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

Spiderdrake posted:

But on the other hand his wisdom is enough to cheat death, so maybe that's what they meant.

You say that like it's an accomplishment.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
Chapter 666 is so close.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
I have read the chapter, it was good, butts.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
It's cool to see these characters but I also forgot they existed before this and I wish Kubo would stop introducing characters instead of building on good ones.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Lamebot posted:

Chapter 666 is so close.

In which this arc suddenly stops for the long awaited appearance of hell!

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

chumbler posted:

It'll be an adaptation of that one movie, and it'll take like two years.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Baal posted:

Bleach still killing it!

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

chumbler posted:

holy poo poo I forgot that was even a thing in bleach. I guess kubo did too since all of one hollow that I can think of had the gate open for them

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Um excuse me but must I direct you to the canon Bleach Hell Chapter film where both Szayel and Aaroniero are sent to double hell?

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
My favorite part of that movie was how even in a side movie like that. Chad is utterly useless. He catches a falling girder in the exact same way he does in his manga introduction, and then proceeds to get taken out by some mook and has to spend the rest of that crapfest not able to fight. It's amazing.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Bleach returns to the trend of having a really good fight ruined by extension.

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Bleach/663---God-of-Thunder-004?id=264767

On the other hand, maybe we can finally see what Urahara is capable of, which might be really good....

I Love Annie May
Oct 10, 2012
I dont care about that old man's bankai I want to see yoruichi be a badass! heck!!!

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

I Love Annie May posted:

I dont care about that old man's bankai I want to see yoruichi be a badass! heck!!!

We all knew this was coming.

D hadn't even used his super form yet so there was no way it was gonna end like this.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's pretty much peak Kubo, only way funnier and cooler because it had Yoruichi and Urahara.

Like, this is the one opponent where this new power is even useful.

Just like how Nanao's God Killing Sword was literally only useful fora guy who become a weird owl god.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Askin Nakk Le Varr looks like he just came out of space channel 5

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Why does he have to ruin something good every time

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

It's pretty much peak Kubo, only way funnier and cooler because it had Yoruichi and Urahara.

Like, this is the one opponent where this new power is even useful.

Just like how Nanao's God Killing Sword was literally only useful fora guy who become a weird owl god.

Yoruichi's new power would also have been useful against Szayel, at least.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Idk how I feel about Yoruichi being a literal cat lady now. Like before it was just mostly thematic and personality poo poo but she is literally acting like a cat and I'm just like "Man, that's kind of lame." Even though the new lightning form is p cool.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Baal posted:

Idk how I feel about Yoruichi being a literal cat lady now. Like before it was just mostly thematic and personality poo poo but she is literally acting like a cat and I'm just like "Man, that's kind of lame." Even though the new lightning form is p cool.

I'm assuming it's also a set-up for Yoruichi being furious at Urahara later, which will be fun.

Simoom
Nov 30, 2009
I liked that one of his only good female designs could only compete with a D-list villain by being transformed against her will into a mindless sexual animal who can only be controlled by a perverted older man, and even only then wasn't capable of actually winning but just setting up her rescue by the older man. It's also really cool that Fairy Tail comes out on Thursdays now

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That's a lot of words to say "a competent female character is still a competent female character"

Also Askin Nakk Le Varr is not D-List

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Glad Askin isn't dead yet cos that was some bullshit. His power was complete asspull but a more competent/less lazy writer would still have had his character find some hole in their armour, not just constant my dad one upping. And yeah, full cat Yoruichi was pretty gross.

• Locked thread