Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Knee
Jul 19, 2006

I'm telling you, it's true. People grow from spores.
http://readms.com/r/bleach/555/2122/16

To me it looks like Ichigo is covering one eye (Kenpachi style?) and most of his face here. Is he just covering up a bit to block the wind since he is going crazy fast downwards, taking poo poo off, or.. what the hell? I feel dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knee
Jul 19, 2006

For a moment, when I saw it, I thought he was trying to pull a Kenpachi "covering a certain part of myself because I'm so hardcore, it would kill you if I didn't," type of thing. But nah. Suppose it was just cause he was about to go crazy-fast.

I don't think he removed it, I mean, he only just got it. He hasn't got to show anyone his new threads yet, before they all get blown up/torn off/morphed into a new form-like thing/bankai whatever.

Knee
Jul 19, 2006

So (not to sound all nerdy..), but Komamura has basically become a Lich using a phylactery, right?

Knee
Jul 19, 2006

I am not sold that it's not just an art gently caress up, but if not... my money's on "Shunsui" being Urahara.

Just the way he was fast enough to avoid that strike and analyzing things.

And the Bleach wiki: "Though usually a laid-back, jovial, humble and eccentric man, Urahara shows a deceptively cunning and serious side when the situation warrants it. [...] Urahara can usually be found near the scene of an important event, but he rarely intervenes in situations, preferring to stay on the sidelines. He often knows more information than he lets on, and despite being a major player in the situation, he acts only as a catalyst, having others do the work for him."

I dunno, that whole thing just felt like Urahara, if not actually Shunsui and we're looking into it too much.

Edit: What's Urahara's stance on preparing tea for guests and such? Like back at his shop when he has the injured crew there.

Knee
Jul 19, 2006

Sprite141 posted:

Also, I don't think Shunsui was even here the whole time. It seemed really odd that he wouldn't do anything except stand behind a barrier while the other captains have been getting there asses kicked. Personally I think he's still back in the real world or something.

Well to fold my Urahara having something to do with things theory into this thought, he is the master of Gigai fake-outs. Even fooling Aizen with a portable decoy one. Then there's that "Transformation Watch" or whatever.

Whatever, I wanna know where Kenpachi is, his (maybe?) bankai status, and if he hooked back up with little Yachiru.

Knee
Jul 19, 2006

Stairmaster posted:

Kenpachi's shikai turns him into Guts.

Oh god yes, Berserker armor crazy mode and all hell breaking loose.

Or the Skull Knight, considering that "motif" Rynex posted before.

Edit: Final showdown- Meteor hits, kills all but Kenpachi, Ichigo shows up and blames Kenpachi for everyones death, they both bankai and battle forevermore.

Knee fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Apr 10, 2014

Knee
Jul 19, 2006

I'm still hoping Berserk will update again. Maybe someday reach a satisfying end.

Knee
Jul 19, 2006

It seems like Kenpachi has now kind of become Tange Sazen. Maybe he won't get his arm back.

Knee
Jul 19, 2006

Kild posted:

Kubo deleted his twitter account for some reason.

In case anyone's interested:
"Before the account was deactivated, Kubo's final Tweet read: "【お知らせ】明日木曜夜、今から約24時間後にTwitterアカウントを一旦削除します。ご用の方はそれまでにDMでお願いします。"

Which translates as: "Notice: As of Thursday evening, I'm going to remove my Twitter account within the next 24 hours. Until then people who have business with me, please send me direct messages.""

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2015/09/03/bleach-author-tite-kubo-bids-farewell-to-twitter

Knee
Jul 19, 2006

I wonder if Bleach was started with the thought that it would be about Ichigo and friends.. but as time went by and more characters got introduced fans started voting for this "old guard" and said "screw these highschool kids, tell us more about those cool shnigami guys." So now we have this huge cast with Kubo trying to give each their time to shine, some more than a few times.

I'm not sure if I wrote that out the way it sounded in my head.

Knee
Jul 19, 2006

Omglosser posted:

Also, all of us in this thread are going to feel like huge assholes when Koobs is diagnosed with Alzheimer's Disease in ten years.

Why? Not like he'd remember anyone being a jerk to him.

Knee
Jul 19, 2006

You guys are crazy. There's no way this'll hit 700+ chapters. That's just beyond dragging things out. I mean look at Berserk, it was started back in the late 80s and it hasn't even reached 350 yet. I mean sure, Berserk is monthly but still.

sarcasm is you hadn't caught on. I had to stop and think about the monthly part... sad

Knee
Jul 19, 2006

Can anyone write up a role call of what's going on in the background last we were shown? I forget.

Chad and Ganju fighting statues
Mayuri and pieces of his lieutenant locked in a cryo/healing tube, right?
Yoruichi cat form and her brother chilling while near death from poison?
Kenpachi.. i forget, was fighting Thor but failed?
Shunsui.. dead? Almost?
Aizen sitting in a chair, but actually did something last we saw, right?
Nel, maybe healing people..

I have no idea really. I think I'm wrong with at least half of those. Someone else want to try?

Knee
Jul 19, 2006

Stallion Cabana posted:

Why was everyone running so much?

Because Bleach has run out of time, duh. :v:

(I'll see myself out)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knee
Jul 19, 2006

679. "The End"
680. "The End 2"
681. "The End Two World"
682. "The Two Sided World End"
683. "The Dark Side of Two World Ends"
684. "The Blade"
685. "A Perfect End"

slev posted:

Here's the title of the last chapter according to Viz

Some good chapter names there...

• Locked thread