Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Honest Ray
Feb 10, 2007

Your bargaining posture is highly dubious.
Well this is exciting. We don't get a chapter this week, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honest Ray
Feb 10, 2007

The Bleach anime was really a solid show until the Soul Society arc ended. I just wish they'd made OVAs or soemthing after that since the pacing isues of the manga certainly bled through in some severe ways.

Honest Ray
Feb 10, 2007

Whenever I see Team Aizen back in the day it makes me miss Best Friends Aizen and Gin. I was sad to see that fall apart at the end of Deicide. I always liked the idea that Aizen thought everyone else sucked except for his best buddy Gin but Gin secretly hated him the whole time...

Honest Ray
Feb 10, 2007

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

I posted a little bit in the other thread but I don't think anybody payed much attention to me.

Incidentally, I did totally call Kenpachi stealing his current zanpakuto from another guy as a small kid :smuggo:, although I think only like 1 person ever responded to it.

Yeah I'm getting that... the only real question is "How?".

:( Oh man... I really wish we could get more backstory on Mayuri. All we know about him right now is that he wears a shitload of black and white juggalo makeup all over his body for some reason, that he's always got some wierdass gold poo poo around his face, that his outer ears are missing (which probably explains aforementioned wierdass gold poo poo -- I've always assumed he had prosthetic ears there or something), that he's a loving sociopath, that his body under all the juggalo paint is heavily scarred, and that he spent a longass time in solitary confinement before Urahara let his rear end out.

As far as speculation, my guess is he's about as old as Kenpachi, serving as Unohana's 3rd-seat back in the day, before Yamamoto took over (poo poo for all we know Mayuri might be Unohana's own SON.... that'd certainly help explain why he gives his current surname as "Kurotsuchi"), and that his jobs included performing dissections on things Unohana killed, performing experiments and/or vivisections on things Unohana hadn't killed (things that would presumably be healed by Unohana afterward, which might explain where Mayuri's regenerative poo poo came from), and inventing an occasional device or two. Then at some point Unohana started doing experiments on him, and he'd do experiments on himself, and... well then at some point Yamamoto came along, decided Mayuri was too broken to be allowed into normal regular society, and put him in the Maggot's Nest, where he remained until Urahara let him out during that Turn Back the Pendulum thing where he then became Urahara's 3rd-seat.

I mean... some of that could be plausible, right?

EDIT: Also I want Mayuri's zanpakuto to get an upgrade at some point. Ashisogi Jizo's abilities the way they are now are boring as poo poo, and it'd be kinda neat to see Mayuri turn into more of a front-line fighter, rather than just being some guy who has to spend hours researching/reading up on whatever his opponent is before actually going outside and, y'know, DOING poo poo like he does now.

I would love to see more Mayuri. I just really like how he's such an objectively bad person who happens to be a good guy by technicality. I do wish Kubo hadn't made him just wacky evil and kept him menacing but he's still unhinged enough that he works. Of all the captains MAyuri is definitely one of the more interesting ones and I would love to see him get to do more stuff. I still think his first appearance was amazing especially since we got some messed up body horror with his men exploding and then for the first bankai in the series we get to see the most completely hosed thing in the world.

Honest Ray
Feb 10, 2007

The Yamamoto fight remains one of the most metal things ever put on page. Sure, Yamamoto was kind of a massive dick for no reason most of the time, but man, that Bankai made it all worth it.

Honest Ray
Feb 10, 2007

Kin posted:

I guess we know who White was now.

How is it not obvious to you that it's because Isshin was a Shiba they look alike?

Honest Ray
Feb 10, 2007

Mask de MAsculine is the best name for a character ever. I love how ridiculous all of the Quincy names are.

Honest Ray
Feb 10, 2007

MonsterEnvy posted:

I liked Bazz-B.

For the most part I am liking the Stern Ritter. Now I just want to know what happened to Shaz Domino the guy that I am guessing is Stern Ritter M for Manipulator.

Also I am guessing A is for Almighty.

Ichigo loving murdered Shaz Domino in about 2 seconds after getting to Soul Society.

Honest Ray
Feb 10, 2007

Finally some Rukia That took way too long to happen.

Honest Ray
Feb 10, 2007

Mizuiro throwing an IED at Aizen remains one of the best moments in the series.

Honest Ray
Feb 10, 2007

Thanks for the fan fic, I guess?

Honest Ray
Feb 10, 2007

Foul Ole Ron posted:

Fic not intended tbh, just surprised how awful Bleach's plot is now.

Haha, you're trying way too hard right now buddy. The general consensus is this arc is awesome. You should have shown us how much of a better writer you were months ago. And yes, you were writing lovely fan fiction. That you spoiled for some reason.

Honest Ray
Feb 10, 2007

I'm so excited about Rukia

Honest Ray
Feb 10, 2007

MAsk de Masculine for best Quincy of all time. Prinz von Licht nominee right here, people. I really can't get over how much I liked this chapter for how completely insane it was.

Honest Ray
Feb 10, 2007

This is the best thing ever. His Volstandig is a cape to make his costume even better. Renji honestly has no chance against this guy because all of us are cheering for our Superstar and helping him power up. All of us are James and we all love you, Mask. You're so cool~~~

Honest Ray
Feb 10, 2007

Good night, superstar prince. May flocks of Adoring Fans sing thee to thy sleep

Honest Ray
Feb 10, 2007

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Who is her brother again? and when did this fight happen?

I think it's a rule of bleach to not really remember any details from it because everything is so samey and boring.

I mean, no offense, but how can you not remember these things?

And people say Kubo can't remember anything.

Honest Ray
Feb 10, 2007

KittyEmpress posted:

Nah, we've seen her Shikai before. Power ups in shounen verse is 'sudden gain of power we haven't seen.' So if she pulls out Bankai before As Nodt goes into his supermode (I forget the name of it) then she'll lose by the law of 'he who shows his power first loses'

Vollstandig I believe

Honest Ray
Feb 10, 2007

Are Cang Du and BG9 dead or what? I hope BG9 is still around. Guy was the raddest looking dude in town and had a straight up Reishi Minigun.

Honest Ray
Feb 10, 2007

We'll just have to speculate what BG9, Sternritter 'K' The Kawaii could have done for the war effort.

Honest Ray
Feb 10, 2007

Zogundar posted:

Shouldn't the Fullbringers lose those powers after dying? I thought their powers came from a Hollow and that after being killed by a Shinigami they'd lose them.

They still had high spiritual pressure or whatever so it stands to reason they could have the powers still.

Honest Ray
Feb 10, 2007

Something I just thought of: The way Isane reacts to Yachiru's Shikai maybe implies those monsters are a byproduct of the Sternritter's ability? I think maybe her sword has the ability she mentioned but under the current circumstances it is manifesting differently? I just remember some discussion on some issues with the way it was working and thought that might explain it. I'm just grasping at straws but the whole part with Isane at the beginning mafe me think about it.

Honest Ray
Feb 10, 2007

Zogundar posted:

It would do much to pay off some of Kubo's debts if Kenpachi (Assuming it's actually him) loses the current fight (Bonus points if it's somehow because of Q) and Giriko has to step up and use his time magic or whatever to win against this guy. I'll even waive the normal penalty for a lack of "Cut, scene end" between these two events. Points void if he only gives Kenpachi a breather and then Kenpachi wins the fight by hitting things with a sword.

There is of course, absolutely no chance whatsoever of this happening after he got a training arc upgrade.

Another example of worse writing from a fan. I love reading some people's terrible improvements.

Honest Ray
Feb 10, 2007

hagie posted:

I'm getting a sneaking suspicion his release is a scythe. 3 big time (mainly Euro style) weapons we have yet to see: scythe, one hand axe, 2 hand axe...I only say scythe due to the whole "field" in the translation.

Also, is that the name of his sword or the release name? Everyone else has a word or phrase as their release, but I don't think anyone really has a single Japanese word as the release. Unless "that's great!" Or "this makes me hard" is the release phrase that pays.

Barrigan had an Axe and Nnoitra had scythes.

Honest Ray
Feb 10, 2007

I mean, when they all turn on the spirit king the Elite Guard is clearly going to protect him and become the bad guys so we can still see that nonsense go down with a Kenpachi bankai.

Honest Ray
Feb 10, 2007

Convergence posted:

This smells like wrapping up to me. Rapidly getting all the most important character arcs out of the way (Rukia, Kenpachi) then this?

Every chapter we get someone posting this. There is still a ton of plot threads going on. I don't see how anyone sees this as wrapping up any time in the near future.

Honest Ray
Feb 10, 2007

Surec posted:

Shouldn't he have already come back as a ghost years ago? They are in ghost land, right?

Ghost Land is a dangerous and terrible place plus I'm not so sure what happens if a Hollow eats you.

Honest Ray
Feb 10, 2007

This was amazing. She couldn't have picked a worse person to try and guilt about killing their own people.

Honest Ray
Feb 10, 2007

hagie posted:

Well he didn't HAVE to die to become a zombie of hers. Only Quincy have to actually die.

He looks like Bambietta does vs how the other Shinigami look when Zombified though. Who knows. Who cares. I just want to see Mayuri stomp that idiot.

Honest Ray fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Jul 30, 2014

Honest Ray
Feb 10, 2007

Ichibe has the most out of control facial expressions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honest Ray
Feb 10, 2007

Darth TNT posted:

That would actually be pretty awesome. There have been a lot of hints to this.

Hurray Kenpachi is back and apparently Urahara can intimidate him?

I don't think thats what they were going for. It looked like he was about to circumvent Urahara the hard way until he got a firm talking to by Nanao.

• Locked thread